Yo Ho Yo Ho A Disney Life For Me - PTR

tinkerbells mum

DIS Veteran
Welcome to our February Pre-Trip Report, hope you will enjoy reading along while I indulge my Disney obsession!!

First things first:

The Cast:

1761.jpg

Me, Gill – 40. I turned 40 in April last year in WDW Florida. What a magical trip that was and the best place in the world to celebrate a birthday. This will be my 5th trip to DLRP and I’ve been to WDW twice.

My Favourites (I am really not very good at picking favourites so there will be more than one for most things here):

Character – Minnie ::MinnieMo, Mickey ::MickeyMo
Princess – Rapunzal
Ride – Space Mountain, Big Thunder Mountain, Crush, Peter Pan
Movie – Really can’t narrow this down I love Toy Story (all of them), Mary Poppins, Princess and The Frog, Tangled.....just about all of them really!!
Song – Just Like We Dreamed It, When You Wish Upon A Star, Some Day My Price Will Come (this could be wishful thinking!! :rotfl:)

DD, Holly – 11 I have successfully passed my love of Disney on to her!! This will be her 4th trip to DLRP and she has been to WDW once.

Holly’s favourites:

Character: Tigger :tigger:
Princess – Tiana
Ride – Big Thunder Mountain, It’s A Small World, Pirates of the Caribbean
Movie – Toy Story 3, Princess and The Frog, Enchanted
Song – Happy Working Song, Wonderful Thing About Tiggers, That’s How You Know

When:

Monday 13th – Thursday 16th February

Where:

The Cheyenne

We have been planning this trip since the summer. I brought some Disney Shares and joined the Shareholders Club. Just before Christmas my card arrived and we went to the nearest Disney store to buy a few things for the trip:

899.jpg

901.jpg

Today Holly made our Countdown Calendar (she was meant to be tidying her bedroom!!)

946.jpg

We're still trying to decide on where we will eat but I'll come back on and post once we've definitely decided and are ready to book!

Love the bags and hat! Looking forward to reading more about your plans xxx

After lots of discussion and reading menus i think we will be eating at:

Chuck Wagon on our first night
Cafe Mickey on Tuesady - We've only eaten here for breakfast and are really looking forward to trying it for dinner
Inventions on Wednesday, never eaten here before so really looking forward to it
Not sure where we'll eat on Thursday but it will probably be counter service jutg before we go back to the airport :sad1:

we will be eating in Earl of Sandwich a few times as we both loved it in Down Down Disney and have been to the one on London as well

and we will definitly be having a few chocolate brownies over the 4 days Disney's brownies are the best ever :love::love:

Never tried a disney brownie! Sounds good may have to be added to the list of things to do lol!

I am so excited about having Earl of Sandwich and will probably have one every day lol! x

Inventions and Cafe Mickey in one trip! Love that!

Made the right choice to have Cafe Mickey first... I love Cafe Mickey but you'd perhaps be disappointed going the night after Inventions.

Never tried a disney brownie! Sounds good may have to be added to the list of things to do lol!

I am so excited about having Earl of Sandwich and will probably have one every day lol! x

you must have a Disney Brownie they are beyond lovely i usually bring some home as well!! i thing we'll probably eat at EOS more than once we did have a two hour train trip to London just to have one there!!

Inventions and Cafe Mickey in one trip! Love that!

Made the right choice to have Cafe Mickey first... I love Cafe Mickey but you'd perhaps be disappointed going the night after Inventions.

thanks for reading we'll definitly eat at CM first then!! we are both really looking forward to Inventions I've never even been inside DLH so looking forward to having a look round there as well I'd love to stay there one day :love:

Looking forward to hearing all about you trip :goodvibes

I also celebrated my 40th in Florida (and my 30th) and can't think of a better place to do it :cloud9:

Love that you travelled all that way just for a EOS they are so good though!

Where can I get a brownie? X

Looking forward to hearing all about you trip :goodvibes

I also celebrated my 40th in Florida (and my 30th) and can't think of a better place to do it :cloud9:

Thanks for reading. i've never enjoyed a birthday as much as my 40th i wore my birthday button for the entire 3 weeks we were there!!

Love that you travelled all that way just for a EOS they are so good though!

Where can I get a brownie? X

Main Street Bakery and i'm really hoping Salon Mickey. i think most places that sell cakes of any kind sell brownies. I'll check it out when we're there and let you know xx

we've been looking at doing some new things on this trip. it will be frist time it's just been the 2 of us going to DLRP and we are hoping to make EMH every morning :banana::cool1:so far we have decided to do Animagic and Stitch Live as we haven't done either of them before and we have never seen Stars N Cars Parade. we don't usually spend a lot of time in the studio park as we both prefer Magic Kingdom so any recommendations for here would be helpful. I'm trying to talk Holly in to doing Space Mountain but she's not sure if she is brave enough to do an "upside down ride" - 4 weeks to pursuede her!! she loves BTM though so we'll get a few rides in on that!

No time for any planning today as i was too busy at work :sad1: but our new European Health Insurance Cards arrived today so that's one thing i can tick off my list :banana:

we've been looking at doing some new things on this trip. it will be frist time it's just been the 2 of us going to DLRP and we are hoping to make EMH every morning :banana::cool1:so far we have decided to do Animagic and Stitch Live as we haven't done either of them before and we have never seen Stars N Cars Parade. we don't usually spend a lot of time in the studio park as we both prefer Magic Kingdom so any recommendations for here would be helpful. I'm trying to talk Holly in to doing Space Mountain but she's not sure if she is brave enough to do an "upside down ride" - 4 weeks to pursuede her!! she loves BTM though so we'll get a few rides in on that!

We hardly spent any time in the studios because there wasnt really any thing there that appealed to us having such a little one with us but on our last day we saw loads of characters around 11am so will be trying here again and hoping to see them again!

No time for any planning today as i was too busy at work :sad1: but our new European Health Insurance Cards arrived today so that's one thing i can tick off my list :banana:

Its terrible that work ust gets in the way of the planning if it wasnt paying for the trip it would be a real pain in the butt lol! :rotfl:

We hardly spent any time in the studios because there wasnt really any thing there that appealed to us having such a little one with us but on our last day we saw loads of characters around 11am so will be trying here again and hoping to see them again!

Its terrible that work ust gets in the way of the planning if it wasnt paying for the trip it would be a real pain in the butt lol! :rotfl:

the studio really isn't "proper" Disney to me it just doesn't have the magic of magic kingdom, guess it's all in the name!

It's probably a good job work has been busy otherwise i'd spend all day day dreaming about Disney and booking another trip that i wouldn't be able to afford if i wasn't working :rotfl:

i've actually managed to do some planning today :banana::cool1::yay: i've booked our meals:

Monday 13th Chuck Wagon in The Cheyenne, we've eaten here before and quite liked the variety, we thought it would be a good idea to eat here the frist night as we'll then be back at the hotel and can have an earlish night ready for EMH the next morning

Tuedsay 14th Cafe Mickey, we've only eaten breakfast here before so will be nice to try it for dinner

Wednesday 15th Inventions, i am really looking forward to eating here, we've got a 7 pm reservation so will (hopefully) be able to see the park being put to bed, as long as i can stay away from the dessert table for long enough :rotfl:

i've added Holly on to my insurance today. we've both now got warm boots. i brought a few clothes and a hat on Monday. i'll be getting my case out at the weekend and start packing, i am so excited now, 3 weeks right now we'll be in inventions :love::banana::cool1:

Yay love that you are also doing 3 character meals lol!!!

I agree about studios it feels like any theme park with a few references to Disney! Studios at WDW is so much nicer!

Good luck packing I love packing!!! X

the last few weeks have been really stressful and i've hardly been on here at all. my poor grandma fell over one morning while putting her bins out and broke her hip, luckily the bin men found her and called an ambulance, she's been in hospital for almost 3 weeks, she's safely back home now. between hospital visiting, sorting her house out to go back home and working there hasn't been much time for Disney (and even less time for housework :rotfl::rotfl:) now she is on the mend the whole family can relax and start to get back on with "real" life apart from my mum who has moved in with her for a bit, anyway back to DISNEY!!! we are going a week today :banana::worship::love: and are so excited, the tickets arrived on Saturday, I got a really good rate for my Euros, all the warm clothes and thermals we'll need have been brought, my cases are out and partially packed, the rest of the stuff is on my bed at the moment so I'll have to pack it tonght otherwise i'll have no where to sleep!!! i phoned up today to try and get an upgrade on the flash sale but as i booked through a travel agent was told i couldn't do it, but it was worth a try. All day today I've been thinking "this time next week..........." Not sure how much sleep i'll get this week I'm just TOO EXCITED!!!!!!!!

I love how Disney comes before housework a girl after my own heart!

xx

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter