YOAMD Postcards and Winners

Just checking in to see if anyone has had any wins lately. I still have yet to win anything!!! :rolleyes:

So does this lessen the chance of someone winning a DVC membership via postcard? :scratchin

Depends on how many DVC memberships they are awarding. If it's only 1 for 2008, then I'd say your chances are very slim indeed!!

I just started sending postcards, everyday, on March 31!
I'm so excited! I'm in Canada so I know it may take longer to get there.
I have been sending 2-4 a day so I hope that will help (with different names obvisouly)

Does anyone know the amount of time its takes, I heard if you win it could be three months untill you hear anything???

Anyone in Canada won and have to answer the skill testing question???

Just checking in to see if anyone has had any wins lately. I still have yet to win anything!!! :rolleyes:

Nope! :sad2:

We just finished up our stash of postal postcards, 180 total sent in since last Spring, 2 total wins in January 2008. DS and I received Mickey Ears (they arrived on the same day).

We always send our cards in 3 at a time (DS, DH, and me) so even though 180 sounds like a lot, really it was only 60 entries each per the three of us (doesn't sound quite as bad that way...LOL)!:rotfl:

None of the local PO have the postal cards. and apparently will not, until after the postal increase?! :confused3 We are taking a YOAMD break until they are back! :rotfl:

None of the local PO have the postal cards. and apparently will not, until after the postal increase?! :confused3 We are taking a YOAMD break until they are back! :rotfl:

I bought the last ones at our post office yesterday. The guy just gave me this look when I said I'd take all they had. :thumbsup2

Nope haven't won anything from Disney yet - but have been faithfully sending cards (one for me and one for DH) since last year.

But I bought one of those scratch-off lottery tickets and won $20 - maybe my luck is changing! (I never win lotteries or contests like Disney is having - if I win, it's usually for something I don't need (or want)). I kept asking DH..."did I really win $20??"
:cool1:

I never even thought about the post office not having anymore postcards. I'm going tomorrow to buy more to get me through until May 12. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that they will have enough. :goodvibes

I bought the last ones at our post office yesterday. The guy just gave me this look when I said I'd take all they had. :thumbsup2

I just did the exact same thing. I told the guy at the PO that I needed 77 (to last me until the May 12 postal rate change). They only had 73. So I took them all!:laughing:

omg :mad:
i had no idea the address changed!!! I have been sending postcards all of 2008 to the 2007 address! I'm so mad at myself right now...I can't believe I never noticed the address changed. I never had any returned to me!

*hits self in head* - Starting over with the right address now!:goodvibes

FYI - you can order the postcards from usps.com along with the 1 cent make-up stamps. They charge $1.00 handling, but it's worth it to me not to have to go to the post office!!

FYI - you can order the postcards from usps.com along with the 1 cent make-up stamps. They charge $1.00 handling, but it's worth it to me not to have to go to the post office!!

This might be a really silly question, but where on their website is the postcards? Every time I go on to find them, the only thing I can find is the "collector's" post cards. I would love to not have to go to the post office all the time either!

I think if you go to the store (buy stamps and shop) and go into pre-paid envelopes (or something like that) they are on about the second page. The 1 cent stamps are under stamps (make-up stamps or something like that) sorry I can't be more specific, it took me a while to find them too!

I wonder what is going on that no one is winning by post cards. By this time last year we were at least winning Mickey ears and laynards with pins. I've been sending in postcards everyday since last October. I stopped last May, did some periodically July-Sept.

Personally I think most people are sending in envelopes not post cards anymore. Think about it. Sure post card might be cheaper on postage, but in reality it is cheaper to send in a envelope. You can get a box of over 100 envelopes for like a $1 or $2 and paper, well everyone has paper laying around their house, and then stamps $8. So at most you will spend $10 or $11 on everything. If you did post cards you have to buy postage PLUS post cards where you can only get like 20 in a set (if you get them from USPS.COM) and for like $3.00 or more, and that can def. add up in cost, therefor making it cheaper to send in a envelope. This is especially cheaper if you enter daily or send out more then 1 entry per day, for each family member. So that might be why you hear more people winning from envelopes and not from post cards.

I wonder what is going on that no one is winning by post cards. By this time last year we were at least winning Mickey ears and laynards with pins. I've been sending in postcards everyday since last October. I stopped last May, did some periodically July-Sept.

Personally I think most people are sending in envelopes not post cards anymore. Think about it. Sure post card might be cheaper on postage, but in reality it is cheaper to send in a envelope. You can get a box of over 100 envelopes for like a $1 or $2 and paper, well everyone has paper laying around their house, and then stamps $8. So at most you will spend $10 or $11 on everything. If you did post cards you have to buy postage PLUS post cards where you can only get like 20 in a set (if you get them from USPS.COM) and for like $3.00 or more, and that can def. add up in cost, therefor making it cheaper to send in a envelope. This is especially cheaper if you enter daily or send out more then 1 entry per day, for each family member. So that might be why you hear more people winning from envelopes and not from post cards.

I don't really understand what you mean when you say you have to buy postage PLUS post cards because the post cards already have postage on them. It's not like you are buying post cards and then buying stamps seperately for them. Maybe I misunderstood you? :confused:

Not all post cards are prestamped and not all postcards have the proper postage. You go to USPS.com and you will see that a lot of them require additional postage like 3 cents.

I don't really understand what you mean when you say you have to buy postage PLUS post cards because the post cards already have postage on them. It's not like you are buying post cards and then buying stamps seperately for them. Maybe I misunderstood you? :confused:

Not all post cards are prestamped and not all postcards have the proper postage. You go to USPS.com and you will see that a lot of them require additional postage like 3 cents.

The pre-stamped postcards available from the Post Office are currently 28 cents each (26 cents for postage and 2 cents for the card). You can order them in packs of 10 (as many packs as you want!) here: http://shop.usps.com/webapp/wcs/sto...01&categoryId=15602&productId=29592&langId=-1

And as an earlier poster said, when you order online there is a $1.00 shipping & handling fee regardless of the size of your order.

So you can get 20 pre-stamped cards for $5.60 ($6.60 online) or 20 first class stamps for $8.20 ($9.20 online), plus the cost of the envelopes.

So tell me again how using envelopes with 41 cent stamps is cheaper? :confused:

That way is cheaper, as long as you get those post cards. If you get other ones that cost like $12 or more for 20 stamped cards, that way is DEF. NOT cheaper. I did not know about the post cards you provided the link for.

The pre-stamped postcards available from the Post Office are currently 28 cents each (26 cents for postage and 2 cents for the card). You can order them in packs of 10 (as many packs as you want!) here: http://shop.usps.com/webapp/wcs/sto...01&categoryId=15602&productId=29592&langId=-1

And as an earlier poster said, when you order online there is a $1.00 shipping & handling fee regardless of the size of your order.

So you can get 20 pre-stamped cards for $5.60 ($6.60 online) or 20 first class stamps for $8.20 ($9.20 online), plus the cost of the envelopes.

So tell me again how using envelopes with 41 cent stamps is cheaper? :confused:

I just ordered 1000 post cards from Vista print and I made 200 at work. Today I am writing our information on the cards. I will just keep going until the postal increase and then have to put two stamps on!

Thank the Good Lord, I did catch the address change. I am sorry to the OP who missed that.

Wishing everyone good luck.

Hi! :goodvibes We send in three each time we mail (not daily) and use the plain postal postcards. I am a bit confused. :confused3 Can more than one entry (eg one for my DS, DH, and myself) be put into a single envelope? I thought they had to be mailed seperately. If not, it would be cheaper by far. Just curious and looking forward to your (fellow Disboard members) answer! Thanks! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter