YOAMD winner from right here in London!

GoofyArt

Earning My Ears
... and she is my GF! :goodvibes

When she checked into SSR early Dec, some blue suits came out from the back office with balloons and fanfare, and told her she won one of the major prizes in the YOAMD! She had to wait for the draw date which was yesterday. Imagine waiting for that long!

Once she passed the skill testing question and signed legal and publicity releases she found out what it was...

A 4 night vacation pkg to any of the Disney resorts around the world!! :woohoo:

It includes:
- stay at Premium resort (eg. Grand Floridian in FL, Disneyland Hotel in Paris)
- 2 bdrm concierge suite for winner + up to 5 guests (not incl kids 3 & under)
- VIP staff member and services for entire stay
- Park admission
- Platimum dining pkg
- Airfare, car rental, travel insurance, day tours included too.
- other 'extras' not mentioned!

I'm excited for her! It's great to see a Canadian winner and even better that I know them!!!

So don't give up hope! It can happen to anyone!

OH WOW!!!!!!!!:yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: That is so fantastic!!!! What a great prize and it's really neat to see a fellow Canadian win too!!!!:goodvibes
Hope she enjoys her prizes and hey...... make sure you tell her how much you love her eh?:love: :thumbsup2 :yay:

I was so happy on our last trip as DH and I were chosen to have VIP seats for the afternoon parade at MK BUT this really takes the cake!!!!!Tell her a BIG congratulations!!!!:thumbsup2

:cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:

CONGRATS to her and her 4 young kids! :goodvibes What are the chances of a Canadian winning, let alone someone from my city, let alone someone who is a good friend of my DBIL! :) I was sooooo excited to finally hear what she won! Although, I'm thinking that probably lessens MY chances of winning something big :rolleyes1

Very COOL! :cool1: :cool1: :cool1: :cool1:

:cheer2: It IS exciting when someone from Canada wins.....like finding the Ontario license plates in the parking lot at the resort or DTD. Heck, it makes it like it is someone you already know! :banana:

Congratulations to her and her family. After a tough one, this is a great start to a brand new year! :wizard:

:cool2: If it were me.....I'd be off to Tokyo DisneySea, especially with the VIP staff member and services for the stay (read that the Cinderella castle winner didn't even carry her own fannypack through the parks!!)

As for the next big prize, you are right MaryLiz, your chances are lessened......I have put my hand up for that.....DVC points for me, and I'll be sure to let you know when I win them. :lmao:

CONGRATULATIONS! I, too would be going to Tokyo if it were me. We're all very happy for her! :cheer2:

:cheer2: It IS exciting when someone from Canada wins.....like finding the Ontario license plates in the parking lot at the resort or DTD. Heck, it makes it like it is someone you already know! :banana:
LOL...thats true

Congrats to a fellow Canadian:cool1:

The Year of a Million Dreams is really a great promo for Disney! While I don't think it's the specific reason that makes people visit their theme parks, it certainly enhances the experiences for some of the people who decide to vacation there!

:cool1: That's great news. Make sure you fill us in when she decides where she is going and all the details of her trip.:wave2:

wow !!!! thats awesome!!!

i am curious tho, why would they announce it in december if they had to wait for the draw date of january? why wouldn't they draw the name in january? (just confused!)

wow !!!! thats awesome!!!

i am curious tho, why would they announce it in december if they had to wait for the draw date of january? why wouldn't they draw the name in january? (just confused!)

The way I understand it ... Disney actually "predetermined" the grand prize winners ... don't know how, maybe random reservation numbers ... and then these folks were notified that they were definitely a winner, but that the prize they won would be determined by a draw in Jan. So she knew she won, and then on that day, they drew those particular names for each of the prizes. :)

I probably couldn't afford the tax implications on any of their prizes. :scared1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter