You’re all set

AInWonderland

Mouseketeer
So tonight I randomly check the DVC website for one day of my vacation next month that I already have booked at the Boardwalk. I see that a standard view studio at the Grand Floridian is available for 4 more points. I go to my reservation and press modify. The same standard view studio at the Grand Floridian is there. I hit on it… I borrow 4 points… it says “ you’re all set”. I hit next and the 7 dwarves show up saying we are working on it. I hit the back button… try again … same result. Look at my dashboard and it is not there… no trace… no borrowed points. What was that all about?

Sounds like the classic resale contract borrowed points issue. I’ve experienced this before with one of my resales. It’s great to spend $1000’s on a membership just to find out the many flaws this system has.

Sounds like the classic resale contract borrowed points issue. I’ve experienced this before with one of my resales. It’s great to spend $1000’s on a membership just to find out the many flaws this system has.

100% this

Sounds like their glitch is in direct conflict with the first come first serve provision.
Do any of our legal minds have an opinion on how to twist their arm a little to get this "glitch" resolved?

I was not aware of this issue. Would you mind describing the problem? Are resale contracts not permitted to purchase OTU points?

I saw this availability at midnight. There was no one I could call or “chat” with. Why should I not be able to borrow ( under the 50 percent) just as if it was not a resale contract?

So tonight I randomly check the DVC website for one day of my vacation next month that I already have booked at the Boardwalk. I see that a standard view studio at the Grand Floridian is available for 4 more points. I go to my reservation and press modify. The same standard view studio at the Grand Floridian is there. I hit on it… I borrow 4 points… it says “ you’re all set”. I hit next and the 7 dwarves show up saying we are working on it. I hit the back button… try again … same result. Look at my dashboard and it is not there… no trace… no borrowed points. What was that all about?

When I get the seven dwarves, I don't hit 'back'. I close out the page and open another and sign in again. My reservation has consistently been on my dashboard.

Maybe my situation is different - I don't know.

I should probably say I get the 7 d's pretty much every single time.

I tried doing that… I was on my phone doing the modification and I went on the computer and checked my dashboard …. No luck

When I get the seven dwarves, I don't hit 'back'. I close out the page and open another and sign in again. My reservation has consistently been on my dashboard.

Maybe my situation is different - I don't know.

I should probably say I get the 7 d's pretty much every single time.
I’ve seen the 7 Dwarfs while doing a modification in two places. First is when you going to the who portion of the reservation, in that instance I usually hit back and it lets me finish out the reservation. The second, which I suspect is what you are talking about is after you have hit the button to finalize the reservation / modification. In that instance it typically goes through (I’ve never had it not). I suspect that is what you are referring to.

I’ve seen the 7 Dwarfs while doing a modification in two places. First is when you going to the who portion of the reservation, in that instance I usually hit back and it lets me finish out the reservation. The second, which I suspect is what you are talking about is after you have hit the button to finalize the reservation / modification. In that instance it typically goes through (I’ve never had it not). I suspect that is what you are referring to.
The second is what I am talking about. Thanks for clarifying!

After looking at all the other posts by people in the same boat I am very frustrated. They have known for a long time what the issue is and they are doing nothing. This is not contractually correct. I tried again tonight and the same message appeared. Resale buyers cannot have the same chance of getting what they want because we can only book when DVC answers the phone during the hours they want. Usually what we wanted will be gone by then.

I did waitlist after the room was taken away from me because of their inability to follow through on their rules.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter