"You can go to Disney without kids?"

It was difficult enough trying to explain why as a childfree by choice couple we enjoy going to WDW on vacation. Now we're faced with the task of trying to explain why we have chosen to have a disney wedding! I've had everything from gasps of absolute horror to comments along the lines of "I could understand it if you were a big kid and wanted a princess wedding gown, but you're both so thoroughly grown up and sensible!" :confused3

It was difficult enough trying to explain why as a childfree by choice couple we enjoy going to WDW on vacation. Now we're faced with the task of trying to explain why we have chosen to have a disney wedding! I've had everything from gasps of absolute horror to comments along the lines of "I could understand it if you were a big kid and wanted a princess wedding gown, but you're both so thoroughly grown up and sensible!" :confused3

DON'T WORRY ABOUT IT AT ALL!!!!!!!! Have the Wedding you want!

We met right here on the DisBoards...had an LDR (TEXAS to Illinois), DATED at WDW, got ENGAGED at AK, GOT MARRIED at the WEDDING PAVILION! The ceremony was very traditional and went off PERFECTLY. (The Disney Wedding Coordinators are fabulous) Last Fall (for our 2nd Anniversary) we took 4 other ADULT couples, all stayed in a Grand Villa at OKW and had a blast! I wrote the schedule, posted it on the fridge every day, along with a PHOTO SCAVENGER HUNT.

We are going by ourselves this year and DH is planning all of it!

Where are ya'll getting married???? :bride:

:dance3::yay::dance3:

Disney weddings are beautiful and tasteful.

ugh. What do they think, Mickey is going to officiate the wedding??? Characters running all around?
eyes.gif

Non-Disney people are clueless. :sad2:

To be honest I'm not sure which I find funniest, that they can't get their heads around a Disney wedding or that they think we are grown up and sensible! :rotfl2:

We're getting married at sea breeze point over at the boardwalk and can't wait. And as for those who won't be coming because it's a Disney wedding, well it really is their loss because we will be having a great time whether they're there or not!

To be honest I'm not sure which I find funniest, that they can't get their heads around a Disney wedding or that they think we are grown up and sensible! :rotfl2:

We're getting married at sea breeze point over at the boardwalk and can't wait. And as for those who won't be coming because it's a Disney wedding, well it really is their loss because we will be having a great time whether they're there or not!

Stop! People would not come just BECAUSE it is a Disney wedding???:eek:

Do they still let kids into Disney?:lmao:

Love it!!!
I hadn't really thought about this being much of an issue before ...until recently when planning our 1st trip to WDW. Co-workers from both offices think we're a little odd for going w/out kids, but they just don't know the serenity of only having two adults and their more-managable-moods to deal with! ;)
Then I realized I've been to DL more as an adult than a kid and really have enjoyed it more. (I've also solo'd DLP many, many times. I figured I was there and might not make it back anytime soon, so I should go as often as possible and try to get sick of it! haha) And it's true; the details you see and fun you can have even alone is amazing!

This is Dhs and I go to trip for our anniversary sans kids. Were going in January and cant wait. This is the time to ride all the good rides, not having to stop to do potty breaks every 10 minutes, you can move at a way faster pace....the list goes on and on:thumbsup2

My fiancee and I are going alone for the first time in January, 2011. We've been twice with our kids. Took 10 of us down in 2009 including 2 grandkids. Had a great time with them all but left exhausted. It was the typical trip - go everywhere and do everything. This time it's just us and I can't wait. We're staying at Pop Century and just doing what we want. No rushing and no whining. One daughter wants to know if this is legal. We just look at her and chuckle.

most people I know don't understand why I go to Disney at all. The fact that I would rather be there than just about any place in the world confuses most people. But that's fine with me because it's already packed most of the time. Every person I can keep away is one less person in front of me in line. :rotfl2: I am known as the obsessed with Disney friend and I am okay with that. I always answer questions and you know what? The day they decide to go I am the one they are gonna be asking for help from. Then I will enact my revenge. "Oh no, you don't need to go to rope drop, take your time. It never rains, you'll be fine....." just kidding, I love my friends and would never REALLY do that to them. But it is a funny thought.

As much as my husband tries to tell everyone that we go to WDW because I'm the Disney nut, he's the biggest kid when we go!! I actually can't imagine us going with kids someday! LOL!

we used to go without children when we were in our 20's because we didn't have kids. i would pick Bermuda or another place to go without kids. we do vacations with our kids vs. without our kids.

My first trip to WDW was four years ago, at age 31. I went with my two adult sisters...only my younger sister (at 29) had been one time, my older sister had also never been.

My cousin went at the same time with her family--husband, DD7, DD4, DD1, and she was so stressed. Attacked the parks like a crazy woman, desperate to capture the "magic" that she missed the point entirely, and worked herself and the baby into illness by Day 4.

On the other hand, we took our time, did not try to see everything, and had a wonderful time!!

Our next trip is in December and I can't wait. There is SO much to do and enjoy as adults.

Next year if no one else is game, I'm going solo!!

My parents go to WDW without my brothers and I, like all the time. I can't say I blame them. After raising us and working non-stop, they deserve it. Kudos to them!

It's a great experience with kids. It's also great for just adults. Great in different ways. So many restaurants, so little time. So many things that might not interest kids.

I think the adults that have only been with kids might have blinders on. There are plenty of things for adults and just kids at heart!

My first trip to WDW is this Nov and I am 31. Going with my boyfriend. Neither of us have children and do not want to have any. I am really looking forward to it!

Add us to the "can't-imagine-going-WITH-kids" group! I've done several different types of trips: family with young kids, just DH & I, long weekend with just the girls, and even a 10-day solo trip. Don't tell DH but the solo trip was my favorite so far ;)

We've been twice just the two of us, including last December for our 12-day honeymoon. Since it was only DH's 2nd trip, we did hit the parks hard, but we also spent down time at the resort, just hanging out (and drinking) in World Showcase, taking backstage tours, etc. We're looking forward to our next WDW trip, when our days won't begin before 10am!

Disney's best kept secret isn't just DVC, it's that visiting WDW is even better without children.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter