You can not rely on waitlists

Fantastic on all the waitlists nabbed.

Savanna? I bet you'll get it Jean. :thumbsup2

Yes, savanna BUT I need HA. I think my odds are very poor to get a whole week. I am not willing to book a day at a time because it is just too hard for DH to do split stays. And I don't have enough points left in 2012 to keep my BWV reservation while booking a day at a time at Kidani.

Listen,

In the past week I've nabbed reservations that I know (100%) were someone else's waitlists. But obviously they've come up online before the waitlist search goes through for that day or in between multiple waitlist search times.

AND

Just now I let go of two prime reservations that showed up immediately online that I know (100%) would be someone's waitlist. Once again, obviously before a scheduled waitlist search.

So just heads up everyone. To continue to scan once in awhile because I'm not sure the computer system has a way of correcting this issue - not that I would know anyway. Smiling.

And get this - I let go of reservations because I was missing two days in the middle of a beyond prime reservation. I had another view for those two days. And I suddenly had a chance to book all the way through at another resort and not check in and check out - 2X. So I let them go (kept the back end) and booked the week that came back in at another resort.

And suddenly about an hour later I went "hmmm I bet my cancelling caused some bouncing reservations within the views and I bet one of my waitlist two days bounced in from what I did".

And it did - from me cancelling.:lmao: So I got everything back that I needed PLUS one missing day - half of my waitlist. :rotfl2:

This is more fun than Las Vegas. ;)

Yes, savanna BUT I need HA. I think my odds are very poor to get a whole week. I am not willing to book a day at a time because it is just too hard for DH to do split stays. And I don't have enough points left in 2012 to keep my BWV reservation while booking a day at a time at Kidani.

Oh I see. :sad1: I totally forgot you needed HA. I understand the one day at a time and your DH.

How/at what point does HA show up for you online Jean?

There is a box to check for HA room when you book online.

Yeah, I've noticed it Jean. What I am not getting - and forgive me if I'm being slow ;) - is that box only there based on availability - Ie. What if no one booked at Kidani asked for HA - wouldn't that mean any reservation back in the system is yours to grab?

Forgive me - I'm sure I'm missing something very simple here.

I have a 2 bedroom booked at BWV for oct 25-28, but am on two wait lists for a 2bed -queen and a 2bed-lock off at BCV for those dates. I keep checking online, and haven't seen anything yet, but if I do, how do I handle it, if MS isn't open? I'm afraid to cancel the BWV until ive secured the other, but I don't have enough points to book another 3 day trip. Help, please!

Thanks!

Tricia,

You can cancel online (I think you know that from your post). However, yes you are taking a chance with someone grabbing the reservation while you are cancelling. Absolutely.

However, is it quick. And I have done it quite a few times this week with prime Christmas. And didn't miss anything. Regardless, you are absolutely rolling the dice.

Tricia,

You can cancel online (I think you know that from your post). However, yes you are taking a chance with someone grabbing the reservation while you are cancelling. Absolutely.

However, is it quick. And I have done it quite a few times this week with prime Christmas. And didn't miss anything. Regardless, you are absolutely rolling the dice.

Ah, that's what I was afraid of. :(

Yeah, I've noticed it Jean. What I am not getting - and forgive me if I'm being slow ;) - is that box only there based on availability - Ie. What if no one booked at Kidani asked for HA - wouldn't that mean any reservation back in the system is yours to grab?

Forgive me - I'm sure I'm missing something very simple here.

I wondered that also. But I think the system must have the HA rooms as a subset of the non-HA rooms because if I search for non-HA rooms the availability is different from a HA room. So it looks like FIRST there needs to be a 1 bedroom Savanna view available on a given date and THEN the system checks to see if all the 1 bedroom HA rooms for that date have been spoken for. JMHO, obviously.

I wondered that also. But I think the system must have the HA rooms as a subset of the non-HA rooms because if I search for non-HA rooms the availability is different from a HA room. So it looks like FIRST there needs to be a 1 bedroom Savanna view available on a given date and THEN the system checks to see if all the 1 bedroom HA rooms for that date have been spoken for. JMHO, obviously.

Got it. Best of luck to you Jean. :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter