You get what you pay for...

Captjackson

Mouseketeer
We've got a trip coming up in November. 3 adults and 2 kids. Right now we've booked a couple of rooms at the Ramada Limited Suites by the Convention Center. Reason? $$$$ It's alot cheaper than any other place we could find.
Naturally :rolleyes2 , we're now wondering if we made the right choice. Is it so much cheaper because there's something "wrong" with the place? It's ranked fairly low on TripAdvisor, and while I don't consider any single website the gospel truth on these things, it does raise a red flag.

Anyway, I was wondering if anyone here ever stayed at this hotel? I dont' expect anything fancy, but it does have to be clean. It's certainly not worth saving a few bucks if the ICK factor is high.

TIA

BTW, we do need either 2 rooms (preferably connecting) or a suite with a bedroom separate from the sitting area. My MIL is a wonderful person and DW loves her, but 4 nights in one room and things get :crowded: and perhaps :mad: . (MIL is :sunny: first thing in the morning, while DW and I are :coffee: . Didn't even mention the kids. :jumping1: )

Check out Tripadvisor .com. This site is a favorite of mine for getting other peoples unbiased reviews and has never been off the mark. It can be useful for finding a place because you can do a search for an area and they will give you the best hotels rated by regular folks which you can then pick by price yourself:thumbsup2

Have a nice trip.

We stayed at La Quinta Inn & Suites which was about 15 minute walk to DLR. We have two teenagers (17 & 18), so you can pretty much say it was 4 adults, the room are all suites, they also have kids suites. Our room had 2 double beds and french doors that led to a sitting room with a sofa which also was a pull out bed. The room also had two tv's(one in each room), fridge, microwave. We found this had more than enough room for all 4 of us...especially when 2 teenagers (boy & girl) can get on each other's nerves and after a while need a break from each other. One thing I did do when I checked in, because I read every little comment from trip advisor and expedia, our room was to be on the 2nd floor and comments said that is where the breakfast room was and it could be noisy. I requested immediatly to switch rooms, they put us on the top floor, with perfect view of the fireworks.

I can't comment on any other hotels as this was our first trip to DLR.

I also suggest trip advisor or expedia, I checked out both and looked at every hotel/motel in the area before I booked.

Have a great trip!

DW is very thorough when traveling. She has a spreadsheet with almost all the DL area motels listed. Pros/cons, ratings (AAA, Travelocity, Expedia), costs (again, AAA, Travelocity, Expedia, and the motels' own website). Sometimes, the motel website will give us a better rate than Travelocity/Expedia.
Sometimes having too much info can make you :crazy2: .

I can't vouch for Anaheim but we stayed at the Ramada Ltd. Suites in Costa Mesa for our beach wedding & blocked 20 rooms for family - it went smoothly and wonderfully. We stay there anytime we visit the OC Coast.

My daughter, son in law, 3 grandchildren and I stayed there for ONE night; we booked 5! The room felt grungy, not clean. The sofa bed (if you can call it that) had sheets with holes in them and a nice metal bar going thru the middle of it...my son in law tried to sleep on it. The bathroom was gross. The place did NOT feel clean. We started calling around at 1am after returning from Disneyland once we got in that room. Homewood Suites down the road was a little more $ but it was BIG AND CLEAN AND THEY OFFERED BREAKFAST TOO. If you have ever been in a hotel room that felt gross this was it. The "suite" was small and the appliances were old and falling apart. And the FRONT window would Not lock. Don't do it, pay the extra $$ and stay somewhere else nicer. You'll be glad you did. Oh, it isn't called LIMITED suites for nothing. Honestly, even my grandkids thought the place was disgusting. :banana:

Get Away Today has great prices on two bedroom suites. You don't have to buy your tickets through them and the price includes all taxes and fees. We got a great price on a suite at the Residence Inn.

:furious: I would NOT stay at the Ramada Limited Suites. They were grungy and Tripadvisor is correct in stating it is rated low. Spend a little more money and stay somewhere where the kids and you will have a great time.

I'll chime in and echo the others, book somewhere ELSE! We stayed at the ramada limited, and it was no bueno. It did feel dirty, with ratty linens and incompetent staff. I made a mental note to NEVER refer people to them.

We've sayed at howard johnson and holiday in near the park, like them both. We usually hotwire rooms now though. As long as you choose 3star+ you're bound to get something nice. I always check betterbidding.com too, they help you figure out which hotel you may be getting.

I've stayed at Desert Inn and Suites and it wasn't fancy, but was clean and two room suite was great! It's at the crosswalk to the parks.

We stayed 7 nights at the Carousel Inn. We had a really good time. The rooms were clean and nice. A little bigger than a regular room. The comp breakfast was good as well. Best part is being across the street from Disney.
I highly recommend it. We had 3 rooms. 2 rooms with 2 full beds. 1 room that was considered a suite. It had a pull out couch and bed in one room and a seperate room with a full bed in it. Very nice!!!

We like the Desert Inn and Suites right across from the crosswalk!! We get a family suite that is two connecting rooms with 4 queen beds. It has a fridge and microwave, but no actual kitchen. But it is clean and we pay anywhere from $89-$129 depending on the season. Good luck!

Andrea

Embassy Suites South also has suites, offers a cooked to order breakfast, door closing between br and living area. We LOVE it there.

Appreciate everyone's input. Right now we're leaning away from the Ramada Limited.

kjhgarden,
DW (JLSM97) checked out Get Away Today. Got a real good rate at the Residence Inn Resort Area Garden Grove No We're Not The Residence Inn Maingate. :rolleyes:

OK, here's another question: We can get a family suite at the Comfort Inn Maingate, or for another $20 we can stay at the BW Raffles, or for $70 above the BWR we can get a kid's suite at the RI. (OK that was more of a statement, but bear (bare?) with me.) I'm leaning towards RI cause you get 3 rooms instead of 2, and we've stayed at this hotel twice already. Anyone have a reason why the CI or BWR would be better, other than price?

DW is very thorough when traveling. She has a spreadsheet with almost all the DL area motels listed. Pros/cons, ratings (AAA, Travelocity, Expedia), costs (again, AAA, Travelocity, Expedia, and the motels' own website). Sometimes, the motel website will give us a better rate than Travelocity/Expedia.

My DH (Captjackson) may make fun of my spreadsheets, but he benefits from them, and he knows it! Some friends/family that we've traveled with say they appreciate my love of planning, because they just show up and have a fabulous vacation. So THERE! :thumbsup2

Anyway, I want to thank those of you who gave us your reviews of Ramada Limited Suites. I've cancelled our reservation there because you sufficiently freaked us out. I also want to thank kjhgarden for suggesting getawaytoday.com--we found a great rate on a kids' suite at the Residence Inn Garden Grove. For a total of about $100 more than that $#!+-hole Ramada, we're getting two bathrooms and three rooms (a real suite!). This will be our third time staying at this hotel, so we know what to expect--clean carpet we don't mind our kids sitting on, comfy furnishings, a wonderful hot breakfast, and overall excellent service. I don't think I've ever stayed at a Residence Inn that I didn't like, but the GG one is especially nice.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter