You guys won't believe this!

Scratch42 said:
This is Why I travel with a Passport!

Any Canadian Citizen cannot be refused entry into Canada!

And the only way to have proof positive, Passport!

j

But the airline does have the right to refuse them boarding without proper identification. The Canadian Border Agency fines the air carriers if they land a passenger without proper identification and that passenger is found to have entered Canada illegally.

RoyalCanadian said:
But the airline does have the right to refuse them boarding without proper identification. The Canadian Border Agency fines the air carriers if they land a passenger without proper identification and that passenger is found to have entered Canada illegally.

Yes, but if she had a passport! No Problemo!

Scratch42 said:
Yes, but if she had a passport! No Problemo!

Scratch42 -- on this issue, I will not argue. I am among one of the greatest proponents for passports on these boards. I simply cannot believe the number of Canadian Disboard members who seem to think not having a passport is some amazing budget preserving decision.

I've said it before and I'll say it again -- there is no good reason to not have a passport if one is travelling to the United States.

RoyalCanadian said:
Scratch42 -- on this issue, I will not argue. I am among one of the greatest proponents for passports on these boards. I simply cannot believe the number of Canadian Disboard members who seem to think not having a passport is some amazing budget preserving decision.

I've said it before and I'll say it again -- there is no good reason to not have a passport if one is travelling to the United States.

In complete agreement. While I feel bad for Cass, I have very little sympathy for her friend in this situation. People spend more time planning where they are going to have dinner for crying out loud than the actual necessities of getting to and back from their destinations.

I have to agree. There's no way I'd travel without a passport. There are too many things that could go wrong that only a passport will help. I don't understand people who cruise without a passport at all -- what happens if you need to get off the ship anywhere other than the States? In light of the new regulations going into effect I'd get the passport sooner rather than later. A few hundred dollars is worth a lot more in piece of mind.

Fiona

ITA - we're a family of 5 and I have always gone to the trouble and expense of travelling to WDW with passports - even back in the days when most people considered me a little foolish for doing so. I like to have all my bases covered. I'm so glad Cass made it down and I hope everything from here on is magical for her. :wizard:

Ita!

You never know when rules will change unexpected when you are away!

j

Hi guys, we landed last night at 10:30pm. I'll do a TR over the next few days or so with some pics, we had a wonderful time with amazing weather, no rain except for the first afternoon/evening.

AKL is beautiful, and you couldn't ask for better bus service (although we did cab it a few times) because we were in a hurry to get somewhere.

Louise had no problem with the affidavit at the Air Canada counter or at US Customs in Toronto. She told the U.S. Agent her BC would be Fedexed to the hotel for our return flight - but this was not to be. When her family went to pick it up at the post office they wouldn't give it to them! They said only Louise could pick it up with photo ID so she had to travel home on 'the letter' as well.

The Orlando Air Canada agents were great, and she had no trouble on arrival in Canada either, although the agent said he was shocked Homeland Security let her in with the letter to begin with. I guess it was just meant to be. :sunny:

Welcome Home Cass!

Glad to hear it all worked out well!

Will have to wait until I get back to read your reports!

Have A Merry Christmas and A Happy New Year!

j

Glad to hear it all turned out, I look forward to your TR and pictures!!! :goodvibes

Now that you have successfully made it there and back, I must say personally, I don't think that Homeland Security should of ever let Louise in.

IMHO - the 'rules' of traveling with proper identification obviously mean squat. That is very, very sad. What's the point of making everyone get a passport come January if they are still going to let people in no matter what??? :rolleyes:

madonna31 said:
Glad to hear it all turned out, I look forward to your TR and pictures!!! :goodvibes

Now that you have successfully made it there and back, I must say personally I don't think that Homeland Security should of ever let Louise in.

IMHO - the 'rules' of traveling with proper identification obviously mean squat. That is very, very sad. What's the point of making everyone get a passport come January if they are still going to let people in no matter what??? :rolleyes:
I agree 100% with this post.

Yay! I'm glad your trip was super fantastic! :wizard:

I'm looking forward to hearing all about the Platinum Plan! :goodvibes

madonna31 said:

Now that you have successfully made it there and back, I must say personally, I don't think that Homeland Security should of ever let Louise in.

There will always be those who feel a passport is unnecssesary for travel. There are also people who feel travel insurance is a waste of money until they get sick or hurt of course.There are those who plan and those who wing it. I also believe those who wing it will be the same people waving at the people on the plane because it left without them.....eventually they will clue in.:rolleyes:
Cass I am so glad this worked out for you. I do agree with madonna31 however, sloppy security to say the least on your friends part.

Wazzo said:
Yay!

I'm looking forward to hearing all about the Platinum Plan! :goodvibes

We had some major problems with snacks on the PP, everytime we tried to get a snack, ice cream, drink etc... the CM would look at the card and the computer screen and insist there were no snacks included.

Concierge knows theres a problem - something is screwy in the system, so basically you just charge the snacks to your room and later they reverse the charges.

There were a few instances though, when we didn't have our cards handy for whatever reason and just paid cash. It was definately a hassle.

Other then that little difficulty everything was awesome and we ate and played like kings.

Glad to hear everything worked out for you guys! :thumbsup2 Looking forward to a TR! Merry Christmas!

Cass said:
We had some major problems with snacks on the PP, everytime we tried to get a snack, ice cream, drink etc... the CM would look at the card and the computer screen and insist there were no snacks included.

Concierge knows theres a problem - something is screwy in the system, so basically you just charge the snacks to your room and later they reverse the charges.

There were a few instances though, when we didn't have our cards handy for whatever reason and just paid cash. It was definately a hassle.

I hope they fix it - if you're paying the extra, you should get the extra! :rolleyes:

Cass said:
Other then that little difficulty everything was awesome and we ate and played like kings.

Can't wait to hear about the restaurants, tours and recreation in your TR! :surfweb:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter