You just graduated from college!! What's next? 5/13 - 5/21 THAT'S A WRAP!

jabead

DIS Veteran
I'M GOING TO

DISNEY WORLD!!!
party:

On May 9, 2015 my daughter Emily graduated from college. Woohoo!!! :woohoo:

I had taken my oldest daughter to Disney World after she graduated from college three years ago. So of course, to be fair and equal, I must do the same for the other two. Right? ;)

And since Emily loves her big sis and little brother so much (well, sometimes anyway :laughing:), she wanted to include them in her celebration trip.

So on May 12th our party of 3 (the 4th joined us two days later) embarked on our 17 hour looooong journey from Illinois to Florida, stopping only to get gas, go to the bathroom, and switch drivers (preferably all three in one stop :thumbsup2 ).

'Cause we were on a mission... :car:

So please join the jabead family (minus my DH, who had to stay home and work :sad1:) for their 9 day graduation celebration...

DISNEY STYLE!!!
:earsgirl::earsgirl::earsgirl::earsboy:

Oh, and for those of you who read my last dining report, you may remember that I left most of the dining choices for this trip up to my three kids (ages 19 - 25). I made some suggestions, a few which they accepted but many were discarded. So what did they choose??? Check out my Table of Contents in the next post for a sneak peak of where this party is heading. ;)

Last edited:
TABLE OF CONTENTS

Day 1 - One night stay Animal Kingdom Lodge Club Level

Arrival at AKL and Kilimanjaro Club Afternoon Refreshments - COMPLETE

Kilimanjaro Club Afternoon Tea - COMPLETE

Animal Kingdom Lodge Culinary Tour of Boma and Jiko -
COMPLETE

Kilimanjaro Club Evening Wine and Cheese Selections - COMPLETE

Dinner at Sanaa -
COMPLETE

Kilimanjaro Club Cordials and Desserts - COMPLETE

Day 2 - Animal Kingdom

Kilimanjaro Club Continental Breakfast - COMPLETE

Brunch at Tusker House - Part I (Breakfast) - COMPLETE

Brunch at Tusker House - Part II (Lunch) - COMPLETE

Afternoon Cocktails and Appetizers at Yak & Yeti - COMPLETE

Dinner at Rainforest Cafe - COMPLETE

Arrival at Universal Studios' Hard Rock Hotel (with a complimentary upgrade to their Rock Royalty Level) :cool1: - COMPLETE

Day 3 - Islands of Adventure/Universal Studios

Our day at the Universal Studios Parks including a late breakfast at the Leaky Cauldron - COMPLETE

Rock Royalty Club Evening Reception - COMPLETE

Dinner off-site at The Melting Pot (fondue restaurant) - COMPLETE

Day 4 - Orlando Outlet Mall/Downtown Disney/Boardwalk Resort

Rock Royalty Club Continental Breakfast - COMPLETE

Brunch at Raglan Road - COMPLETE

Arrival at the Boardwalk Villas & Dinner at Trattoria al Forno - COMPLETE

Day 5 - Magic Kingdom

Pre-Park Opening Breakfast at Be our Guest - COMPLETE

Lunch at Liberty Tree Tavern - COMPLETE

Dinner at Narcoossee's - COMPLETE

Day 6 - Epcot

My Breakfast at Captain's Grille - COMPLETE

Breakfast at Captain's Grille - Part II (The Buffet) - COMPLETE

Miscellaneous Snacks from Epcot's World Showcase - COMPLETE

Lunch at Teppan Edo - COMPLETE

Ice Cream at L'Artisan des Glaces - COMPLETE

Dinner at California Grill - COMPLETE

Day 7 - Magic Kingdom

Breakfast at Grand Floridian Cafe - COMPLETE

Lunch at The Plaza - COMPLETE

Cocktails at Trader Sam's Grog Grotto - COMPLETE

Dinner at Kona Cafe - COMPLETE

Day 8 - Hollywood Studios/Epcot

Breakfast at Starring Rolls - COMPLETE

Lunch at 50's Prime Time Cafe - COMPLETE

Dinner at Le Cellier - COMPLETE

Dessert at Beaches & Cream - COMPLETE

Day 9 - Epcot

Breakfast from the Boardwalk Bakery - COMPLETE

Lunch at San Angel Inn - COMPLETE
http://www.disboards.com/threads/yo...pice-road-table.3423639/page-24#post-54592864
Traditional Last Day Visit to Karamell Kuche - COMPLETE

Drinks & Snacks from the Rose & Crown Pub - COMPLETE

Dinner at Spice Road Table - COMPLETE

Reviews from My Nephew & His Wife

Lunch at Bongos - COMPLETE

Dinner at Yak & Yeti - COMPLETE

Dinner at Be our Guest - COMPLETE

Dinner at Narcoossee's - COMPLETE

Lunch at Via Napoli - COMPLETE

Breakfast at Cinderella's Royal Table - COMPLETE

Dinner at Hollywood Brown Derby with the Fantasmic! Package - COMPLETE

Dinner at Monsieur Paul - COMPLETE

Lunch at Akershus Royal Banquet Hall - COMPLETE

Dinner at Restaurant Marrakesh - COMPLETE

Last edited:
Woot!! Sounds great, I'm in!

Congrats to Emily on her graduation, I can't think of a better place to celebrate than WDW! :goodvibes

Really looking forward to your reviews, Especially the Trattoria Al Forno! I was the number 1 Kouzzina fan so I've kind of been putting it off, but now I'm getting curious and thinking of changing something for our August Trip. I have Sanaa on the docket and I've already been there about 7 or 8 times and I'm contemplating changing it! So count me in!

Oh no! You strayed off Disney property! It will be interesting to read your Universal reviews; I was there a few years ago and wasn't terribly impressed.

Subbing in! Have been a longtime lurker on the disboards but I've come out of hiding to say I have always loved your reviews and they have helped me a make my ADRs for my upcoming disneymoon in Aug/Sept.

Excited to see your reviews of Sanaa and California Grill!

Congratulations to your daughter! Spending time with all the kids must be great, do they get along better when they are older??? I have to hope they do! :rotfl:Looking forward to another great report! :woohoo:You always give me ideas of the next place I want to try....which is all of them it seems! :rotfl2:

Congratulations to Emily and of course you have to be fair and take her to Disney :rotfl2:

But 17 hours of driving :faint:

Seriously. If you hadn't taken her, you would have only exacerbated the middle child syndrome. I know, as I too am the middle child squished between two sisters. :crowded:

Love that you have a new report going since I just finished the last one. You have some of the best food pics I've seen.

Reactions: Kae
Congrats to your daughter:yay:. Can't wait to read more I always enjoy your reports. :)

Congrats to Emily!! party:

Really looking forward to reading your reviews to get me thru the next 31 days til our trip! :thumbsup2

I have been waiting for this dining report and am excited to read all about it. Also congrats on the upgrade at the Hard Rock, I love that hotel!!

Looking forward to your next report. I just started following on IG as KAA623. I should have been that here too, had I been thinking when I made my username!

Congrats, Emily on your graduation. I have read your dining reviews before and I love them! Looking forward to this one.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter