You know the point charts are broken when.....

You are also looking at BWV Standard View Studio. Not exactly the easiest to get in the first place. With a pattern like that I would not be surprised if they might be doing some of the previously mentioned exterior refurb work at BWV during the week and opening the rooms up for the weekends.

In 2010 they did a shift between weekend and weekday..they were even worse and that was a consistent pattern at most resorts through the year.

I am not seeing that same thing At other resorts so it must be that specific room type and month and as suggested, could have to do with refurbishment

Last edited:
And the thing about BWV is that there are a lot of owners who established their travel patterns with the old point charts. We still tend to fly in on Sunday and fly out on Friday or Saturday - its plenty of days for us and its sort of what we bought to do. Plus I get Saturday to pack and get ready to leave, and Sunday to get home and have a day of vacation recovery before work. Turns out those high (used to be really high) weekends made us try a travel schedule we really enjoy for its ease.

Weekends (Friday and Saturday) have always been more points than week days. As far as points changing at different times of the year, this is DVC's way of balancing out the use of rooms by allocating higher point requirements for high demand times of the year and allocating lower point requirements for rooms in low demand times. Do not want to get into the right and wrong of this but this is how it is supposed to work. Basically it is my understanding that DVC can increase point requirements for particular times of the year as long as they reduce points in another part of the year so that the total points over the annual calendar does not change. There have been many threads about this with people that are much more in tune to the process than I am.

I've been around long enough to remember when the points charts had the Friday and Saturday dates would be as many points as Sun - Thu. We'd often do two week stays by either paying cash for the weekend or move to another resort for the weekend. Good Times !

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter