Votes: 13 7.6%
  • Annual Passes

Votes: 73 42.7%
  • Some form of old FastPass system

Votes: 80 46.8%
  • Dinning Plan

Votes: 5 2.9%

• Total voters
Definitely old fastpass system. I so miss having my days planned out and knowing we will get to do what we want to do ahead of time. I’d even be willing to pay for it ! Just don’t make me wake up at 7am on vacation every day stressed out trying to get the right return time that doesn’t conflict with anything else.

Close second would be magical express. I like dining plan but can live without it. We never bought APs so that doesn’t affect me.

I voted AP - we kept ours but live in fear that Disney will decide that renewals will no longer be available…not that I’m a fan of G+ - we go so often and I don’t do coasters and my husband doesn’t do spinning rides - between early morning 1/2 hr and deluxe extra evening hours - we don’t need G+ or buy ILLs.

I know we all know this, but somehow, I feel a need to reiterate it out loud.

The poll is starting to skew towards the "old FP system" with APs, at least for now; remaining a relatively close second. The poll initially had APs a leap ahead of everything else.

I think it would be remiss not to remind everyone that the FP/genie- system affects all park guests equally, so anyone that goes to the parks and knows about it (which would be everybody here) is going to find that important.

AP holders are a relatively small subset of gate entries, so while the poll may be trending towards FP appearing more important, equally important, I believe, is how close APs remain in a somewhat close second place relative to the number of guests affected.

Just throwing that out here. :)

I already voted earlier in this thread, but I just wanted to say that I actually like G+.

Don't hate me, and, like everyone else, I hate that it's more nickel-and-diming.

But it worked very well for us, it was a huge time-saver, and I was my phone much less than I actually thought I was going to be on it.
No hate at all. I think Disney has lost its way completely and nothing symbolizes that like G+. What made the magic of Disney was a few things. It was that kids from all backgrounds would be thought of as equal. Perceived magic could happen at any moment for some that would resonate for years. Heck, really think of the message of Happily Ever After. It wasn't that all people are equal, but they could find their magic. G+ is just 100% corporate greed and the perception of the company has changed drastically (Greed). Kids see it and that destroys the magic even more...
That being said, congrats on the positive experience. I thought it was awful when I tried it in July. The idea that something benefitted everyone is what made Fastpass (in all forms) truly magical. I'd rather pay more in ticket.

I was one of the few that voted for the dining plan. Here is why:

Annual Passes would be great but we generally only go to Disney once a year.

Magical expresss: We have always driven so it has no value for us.

Fast Pass: It may be a controversial opinion, but I actually prefer Genie+ in many ways. I obviously would prefer it was no added cost like fast passes, but I prefer how Genie+ works. I would love it if they simply moved the time for your first pass to some reasonable time (7:00-9:00 p.m.) the night before. Don’t make me get up early on my vacation.

Dining Plan: We loved the dining plan. We always saved money on it and it nice to not have to worry about how much we were spending once we got to the parks. So it is the one of the four I would pick.

I'd rank them as follows:

1) AP
2) Fastpass+
3) Magical Express
4) Dining Plan

Mostly because I never used the dining plan, I never got the nuimbers to add up, even though I usually do a table service everyday.

And I'd like the Fastpass+, EVEN if they charge set amount per onsite room (not per person) to use it.

Magical Express was a very nice perk, but the current bus transport is pretty reasonably priced, so I can live with that...but I remember the days BEFORE Magtical Express, so it was a nice perk while it lasted. I am surprised they discontinued it before the 100 years of Disney promo, though. But I'm also sure that the Mears contract was probably up for renegotiation and Disney didn't want to pay as much as they were asking. So I think it is gone forever.

I still have an active Sorcerer's Pass, but I do think it should be restored so every direct member can purchase it. And I think it would maybe help DVC sell a few more direct points. DVD need to come up with a few more good perks to boost direct sales. They could allow DVC to have exclusive access to a Tables in Wonderland, or a similar discount program, but I doubt that is coming back, ever. Or they could put DVC Lounges in every park, that would be nice, too.

Last edited:
I think Uber and Lyft essentially killed the 'bubble' too. I finally resigned myself that despite what may have been going on with the contracts, Disney would have bought a fleet if they truly believed they could still guarantee they could keep 99% of guests on campus. Such is no longer the case. It still amazes me that people will readily jump in a personal vehicle with a total stranger, but a lot of people won't ride a taxi. Just like video killed the radio guy, Uber killed the ME guy.

I’d like to add park hopping before 2pm to the list as well. That might take a close second for me behind fastpass.

I’d like to add park hopping before 2pm to the list as well. That might take a close second for me behind fastpass.

Take away reservations for AP holders all together. It's what we originally paid for. OK. Sit down to all the people about to scream "Not anymore!" Re-read what I said. I've been an AP holder for 20+ years.

Take away reservations for AP holders all together. It's what we originally paid for. OK. Sit down to all the people about to scream "Not anymore!" Re-read what I said. I've been an AP holder for 20+ years.
Especially now that there are currently so few AP holders as compared to before the pandemic closings. I feel fortunate to still have an active AP.

Especially now that there are currently so few AP holders as compared to before the pandemic closings. I feel fortunate to still have an active AP.

Exactly. I can't imagine we would even factor in much anymore outside the initial onslaught of true locals for the first 3-4 weeks. Then it would all level back out again just like it always was.

Edit: And they're already going now anyway. The only difference is today, they know where they're going before 2:00p.

Exactly. I can't imagine we would even factor in much anymore outside the initial onslaught of true locals for the first 3-4 weeks. Then it would all level back out again just like it always was.

Edit: And they're already going now anyway. The only difference is today, they know where they're going before 2:00p.
I will say one thing that may affect AP holder numbers in the parks, after more and more go onsale, is the number of Vloggers compared to 2 years ago. There are a lot more DAILY Disney video vloggers now. I imagine prior to the pandemic, few people wanted to go to Disney daily....Now it is their full time job. (And yes, I'm jealous.) I'm just amazed at how much money these people can make from Youtube and TikTok and such.

I will say one thing that may affect AP holder numbers in the parks, after more and more go onsale, is the number of Vloggers compared to 2 years ago. There are a lot more DAILY Disney video vloggers now. I imagine prior to the pandemic, few people wanted to go to Disney daily....Now it is their full time job. (And yes, I'm jealous.) I'm just amazed at how much money these people can make from Youtube and TikTok and such.

Admitting that I enjoy some of them on YT when I'm at home, I have to believe the spring in the clock is winding down on this. I can't decide f that's a good thing or a bad thing, but as you said, as prolific as it has become, it's just hard to believe they are going to just let it go on and on 'unregulated.' I guess there's the free advertisement angle, but some of these people are making a fortune in donations alone. I just can't believe that Disney is going to let that continue as if it wasn't happening.

Well, at least there Is progress in that direction with no reservations needed for going after 2:00 pm…exceot weekends at MK… I don’t think a date has been announced yet but for locals who want to pop in afternoon/evenings, or those who don’t do parks in the AM, it’s eliminating the requirement.

Well, at least there Is progress in that direction with no reservations needed for going after 2:00 pm…exceot weekends at MK… I don’t think a date has been announced yet but for locals who want to pop in afternoon/evenings, or those who don’t do parks in the AM, it’s eliminating the requirement.

Because to me that's lipstick on a pig. I refuse to be one of those people who applauds getting back something that belonged to me all along.

Yeah, park hopping restrictions / park reservations are the top of my list but they weren’t options on the poll.

I don’t mind the park reservations that much if they didn’t also restrict park hopping. I generally know what park I am going to go to each morning but sometimes things change. Last trip we just went so hard the day before we decided to just hang out by the pool and relax for the morning. Luckily I was able to change our park pass to the park where we were having dinner so we didn’t have to poke our heads in before heading to Epcot.

They need to remove the requirement to actually go to the park of your reservation prior to hopping (my understanding is that is how Disneyland works) and I wish it was earlier for the park hopping entry. Around noon would be good.

Obviously, I'm the only one here whose family played this game at 10:00am every day of every trip. "Left at the light or straight?" when we arrived at the stoplight at DVC Way and BC Pkwy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter