You opinion wanted, please!!

bellazachmom

DIS Veteran
If you could take a trip to WDW at anytime during the year, when would you go? Let's pretend that points and/or availability DO NOT matter!

I am asking becuase we tend to go at the same time every year and, while we love it, we want to get out of our rut! Also, our oldest starts school in the fall of 2009 so we want to take advantage of being able to go without worrying about pulling her out of class -- which I am sure we will certainly be doing in future years! :rotfl2:

Thanks for your thoughts! -Jennie

Do your kids get the February President's Week off? That's a great time to go - at least in our opinion. It's not too crowded, and the weather is good. We've had some cooler days, but mostly warm enough to swim. We are going to try January of 09 this year (college kids and they'll be home for Winter break). I'd rather go when it's cooler - better park touring weather!

Enjoy!

Reading the trip report of people just getting back, it sounds like late April / early May is a fantastic time to go. Great weather and low crowds.

If I could choose without any obstacle...

between Thanksgiving and Christmas time. With us being teachers, just not possible until retirement ( :cloud9: ).

Low crowds compared to when we do go (Mardi Gras or 1st week of June) and of course the Christmas decorations everywhere!!! :santa:

We were there from April 30th to May 5th, and I don't think there could be nicer weather than what we had. I love Epcot's Flower and Garden and that would be my choice.

DH's only choice would be anytime in the month of December for the Christmas celebrations.

If we only could go these times of the year (together, so we really would be going twice) those would be the times.

Bobbi:goodvibes

PS. We have never gone for a 2 week vacation at WDW, and since points don't matter, that would be our choice, both times.

We like the end of January/beginning of February - great weather (=cooler) and lower crowds if you avoid the holiday weeks (MLK, President's Day).

mid-December. All the holiday decorations without the holiday crowds. The cooler weather doesn't bother us-anything will be warmer than it is back home!

I would say around the second week in December. The holiday decorations are Magical and with any luck the weather still might be okay for a dip in the heated pool. We love that time of year.

The full week before Thanksgiving week. It's not too crowded and the weather is nice.

I will also vouch for late April/ early May. We were there the 27th to the 2nd and the weather was beautiful and the crowds were very low (10 minute wait for Space Mountain no fast pass).

We love late Sept/early Oct. It's still warm but not humid - the food & wine festival is going on and crowds are light. ALSO, there are not as many school groups as you will encounter in the spring.

Second favorite is the week before Christmas. We do that every other year with our entire family. All the Christmas fun without the mob. :santa:

Our favorite times are early December, October, January, and early May. I like them each for different reasons. Early December for the low crowds and holiday decor and shows. October for weather, crowds and food and Wine. January for low crowds, cheap points, and because even at its coldest, it's still a lot warmer than Minnesota! Early May is just because I LOVE the flower and garden festival, and by then I am ready for some serious sunshine!

We love late Sept/early Oct. It's still warm but not humid - the food & wine festival is going on and crowds are light. ALSO, there are not as many school groups as you will encounter in the spring.

Second favorite is the week before Christmas. We do that every other year with our entire family. All the Christmas fun without the mob. :santa:

We go almost every year in late Sept.
I do not know where you come from but it is HUMID... and sometimes hot (by FL standards) but not as bad as the earlier months. But this opinion can differ from where you live.
The payoff is really short lines on the days before FWF

Our son is a freshman in HS. In about three years or so, Bill and I will be taking vacations in Oct and early May. We want to hit the Flower and Garden Festival and the Food and Wine Festival.

Other than maybe celebrating NYE at the parks, we won't go in December around the holidays ever again. Points too high and crowds too big.

Love the F&W festival (w/o kids) @ BWV, also really would like to do Christmas @ VWL someday. Always love June & Nov @ VB.

We have gone over Spring Break, during the summer months, New Year's week and in October. Our favorite is the New year's week. It is so very crowded, but beautiful. The holiday decor is fabulous. It can be or can't be warm enough to swim. The summer months are very hot and it makes it hard to really enjoy the parks. Spring Break was very nice weather wise but still crowded. Until our DD gets out of school in 2015:teacher: we travel during school breaks. Pulling her out of school is just not an option for us. I know there are better less crowded times to go but these work for us at least for now. :goodvibes

The first week of December - lower crowds and all the Christmas stuff is up and during Food and Wine in Oct (late) and Nov (early) during Food and Wine Festival.

I have a few favorites. This week coming up right after Mother's Day but before Memorial weekend. Getting warmer but the nights are still 70ish. The week before labor day as the fla kids are back in school so the crowds are light but still summery weather. And last but not least one of my favorite trips was the day after Christmas and stayed until after New Years. The kids still had Christmas at home with their tree but the world still had everything Christmas. We made it a scavenger hunt on Christmas morning which led to plane tickets and one of their surprise trips. The MK was probably the best New Years eve we've ever had. Just took our cell phones and called friends and family at midnight while in the line for rides.

The second week od December.

Magical, lowish crowds, all Holiday shows and decorations up and running, mild weather, Pop Warner Cheerleaders are usually the 1st week in December, so peace and quiet abound!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter