You Want to Go Where? A 4th of July Weekend PTR

There actually IS one, Ann, right there on 321 W Katella Avenue Suite 101
Anaheim!
We cannot wait to try this one! So maybe we can send you in as "testers". ;)

Maybe! We will be eating somewhere... and here may just be as good as any!

I hope all the fanfare at DCA chills out by the time of your trip. Radiator Springs Racers is already over 5 hours! :faint:

Reports are that the line stretches out of Carsland, back into DCA, loops around by the Sun Wheel and back.
:faint:

It is the first day though... so :scared: maybe it will be find by the time we go? I can see it now... I will NEVER get Steve out in public again if he has to endure a crowd like that let a lone to another disney park.

Great plan! We prefer SNA as well, I haven't ever flown into LAX, but it sounds awful so we have successfully avoided it for years! We usually rent a car when we are there, as we have friends in the area and usually get together with them. However, I have always wanted to take the DL bus! They look like so much fun!

Great plan! We prefer SNA as well, I haven't ever flown into LAX, but it sounds awful so we have successfully avoided it for years! We usually rent a car when we are there, as we have friends in the area and usually get together with them. However, I have always wanted to take the DL bus! They look like so much fun!

I am not sure the bus is all that fun...just kinda neat...and convenient. I dont' want to have to deal with parking or driving..etc. But... if I had a car:scratchin maybe we could find it easier to do a few things on the two days we won't have tickets for.

5 hours...:scared1: What airport is SNA?

I am scared. Touring plans list both parks at a 10 for the days we will be there.:scared1:

SNA is John Wayne/Orange County. I believe (I could be wrong) it is the closest to DLR. LAX is def. further away... but maybe long beach is closer?

Well, after some texts with Zach today the answer is clear. He is definitely on board. (or so he says now:rolleyes:) Honestly, I think I will have to be flexible on this until the moment we leave for the airport. :sad2: For now though, his text to me that made it clear.
(and sorry to be a bit rude... but I have to share exactly what he texted)

"Hell, Yeah"

I think with a little extra cash in his bank account and being back from where ever he has been for the last few weeks... he is ready to have some fun.

:woohoo:

I am scared. Touring plans list both parks at a 10 for the days we will be there.:scared1:

SNA is John Wayne/Orange County. I believe (I could be wrong) it is the closest to DLR. LAX is def. further away... but maybe long beach is closer?

I signed up for Touring Plans too, but then never follow through with their suggestions and it does change - so just go with the flow and be prepared for crowds! ;)

Well, after some texts with Zach today the answer is clear. He is definitely on board. (or so he says now:rolleyes:) Honestly, I think I will have to be flexible on this until the moment we leave for the airport. :sad2: For now though, his text to me that made it clear.

"Hell, Yeah"

I think with a little extra cash in his bank account and being back from where ever he has been for the last few weeks... he is ready to have some fun.

:woohoo: so glad it all worked out!! Can't wait for when you surprise Alex and Zoe!!! :goodvibes :cheer2:

Day 2 - 7/6 Afternoon and Evening

Checking in will be a bit early. I know we have always had good luck when we have gone to FL checking in early. (even when staying at non disney hotels) I am not sure that this will even be a possibility. Especially since it will be a busy holiday weekend. (I can't believe I picked another busy time to go to Disney :confused:) Of course, it would be nice if our room was ready. However, what I assume will happen is after checking in we will store our bags.

After we get our all of our luggage stored, we will need to go have some lunch. I signed up for a number of "clubs" to get discounts at restaurants. One that sends me something often and also gets good reviews on tripadvisor is Mimi's Cafe. Having never been there I do not know, but the menu looks nonthreatening and since I am sure to get some sort of email that will be good while we are there. I think we may head here for lunch.

File.ashx

After Lunch, we will head back to the hotel and hopefully head to our room.
Deluxe_Room.jpg

I imagine a nap might be in order and so after we figure out who will sleep where, we shut the curtains and try and get some rest.

Who knows how excited we will be and how long our sleep will last, but once we are done... it will be time to swim.

newPool.jpg

After swimming we will have a night in and order some (free) pizza. For staying the previous night in a hotel near seatac, we were granted a gift card for pizza from
img-logo.png
Ironically, the hotel we stayed at is not near a Dominos, but it looks like there is one close enough to Desert Inn that they deliver.

After dinner we will probably kick back and watch tv until it is time for Magical. Magical is scheduled for 9:30 pm so probably about 9pm we will head to the roof of Desert Inn and claim a good set of chairs.
sundeck2.jpg

Then it will be off to sleep cause we will have another early morning.

Mimi's Cafe is a good choice...I really like their menu and the ones I have eaten at the food is good...and on the lighter side!

So glad Zach is going (at the moment....:rotfl:).

I think I need to add Desert Inn to my top choices if I convince Jeff to a trip in March!

I thought it was John Wayne...I flew in there when I was a wee teen going to DL on a girl scout trip!

Ah, memories of the Desert Inn :goodvibes - can I come too? :lmao:

I had to LOL when I saw the room as we had a clogged washbasin all 4 days we were there, even though they promised to take care of it. Took about 2 hours to get empty! :rotfl2:

I know we have eaten at Mimi's when we were in California, but I cannot, for the life of me, remember what we had, but I do NOT recall that we did not like it! :thumbsup2

I am headed out that way Labor Day weekend. Will be staying with my sister in LA though. BUt I am making notes of all these restaurants! Cannot wait to hear how your trip goes as we will be there for the next big holiday weekend. I fully expect a crowd for myself.

You have a good plan for the rest of the day! I think you will like Mimi's. We have eaten there a couple of times in AZ, and came away liking it both times! I remember planning our 2010 WDW trip there! =)

Mimi's Cafe is a good choice...I really like their menu and the ones I have eaten at the food is good...and on the lighter side!

I'll second that I've had breakfast there with a large group and also been there for dinner too. It's just a little bit up the street by the HOJO Anaheim i's just about across the street from Space Mountain.

I think I need to add Desert Inn to my top choices if I convince Jeff to a trip in March!

It's a good place if you want a motel style room to lay your head. Here's some pics I took the couple of times I stayed there.

4583322938_f0d43a184e_z_d.jpg

The outside of the hotel looking towards the back the towers on the sides are the stairs and elevators.

4582694607_44f528bcaf_z_d.jpg

Looking to the lobby area which is at the front of the building right on the street. Also to the right in this picture is the pool area, the lockers, breakfast room and gift shop.

4583081998_73a5f2c3ff_z_d.jpg

Another view of one of the rooms looking towards the bathroom area.

6324174827_0bcaf0e7ca_z_d.jpg

and a panorama shot of the view across the street.

So glad Zach is going (at the moment....:rotfl:).

I thought it was John Wayne...I flew in there when I was a wee teen going to DL on a girl scout trip!

Zach is home now from AT and I got to really talk with him. He can go now, because come to find out... his orders are only through June 28. :confused: So then he will get new orders and he feels he will be able to have some influence on when they can start. :confused3 I am going to just go with it for now. :rolleyes:

Desert Inn maybe be a very good choice. We have not stayed there.... so I can't say for sure we are gonna like it, but it looks like we will. Honestly, close is definitely a plus. In fact, I think I like the idea of staying here for our quick stay over a DL hotel...since the DL ones are further away (although, not far either) There are so many hotels to choose from, I am sure that you can't go too horribly wrong with any of them. I think I have liked each one for different reasons.

Embassy Suites - for the atrium/lobby and breakfast (lush...kinda reminds me a tad of inside the Poly without the Hawaiian theme and the food was cooked to order)
BWPPI - for location (basically, right at the cross walk)
Residence Inn by Marriot - for the size of room (we had a suite that had an upstairs and downstairs, full kitchen and 2 bathrooms. I can't believe I think I paid only like 135 a night! )
Desert Palms - View, room comfort (if on a high enough floor, you can see DCA and ToT or Fireworks and the sunken living room was nice!)

Ah, memories of the Desert Inn :goodvibes - can I come too? :lmao:

I had to LOL when I saw the room as we had a clogged washbasin all 4 days we were there, even though they promised to take care of it. Took about 2 hours to get empty! :rotfl2:

I know we have eaten at Mimi's when we were in California, but I cannot, for the life of me, remember what we had, but I do NOT recall that we did not like it! :thumbsup2

I would love it if you too were going! Someday our paths will cross! :thumbsup2

That sounds pretty yucky about the sink. I would hope that is a rare occurrence!
I am headed out that way Labor Day weekend. Will be staying with my sister in LA though. BUt I am making notes of all these restaurants! Cannot wait to hear how your trip goes as we will be there for the next big holiday weekend. I fully expect a crowd for myself.

For both our sakes, I hope that we are able to manage the crowds!! I know Labor Day wasn't horrid in WDW a couple years ago...but from what I understand, DL is very different due to locals.

BTW, :welcome: glad to have you along!
You have a good plan for the rest of the day! I think you will like Mimi's. We have eaten there a couple of times in AZ, and came away liking it both times! I remember planning our 2010 WDW trip there! =)

I am glad to hear that Mimis wont be a horrible choice. How funny to plan your WDW trip near DL!!

I'll second that I've had breakfast there with a large group and also been there for dinner too. It's just a little bit up the street by the HOJO Anaheim i's just about across the street from Space Mountain.

It's a good place if you want a motel style room to lay your head. Here's some pics I took the couple of times I stayed there.

4583322938_f0d43a184e_z_d.jpg

The outside of the hotel looking towards the back the towers on the sides are the stairs and elevators.

4582694607_44f528bcaf_z_d.jpg

Looking to the lobby area which is at the front of the building right on the street. Also to the right in this picture is the pool area, the lockers, breakfast room and gift shop.

4583081998_73a5f2c3ff_z_d.jpg

Another view of one of the rooms looking towards the bathroom area.

6324174827_0bcaf0e7ca_z_d.jpg

and a panorama shot of the view across the street.
Those pictures are very helpful. Room seems a bit small... but for only 4 nights, I think we should be able to manage. :-)scared: at least I hope)

Those pictures are very helpful. Room seems a bit small... but for only 4 nights, I think we should be able to manage. :-)scared: at least I hope)

They also have suites that sleep 5 I think, you may want to check and see if one is available when you are there

"Hell, Yeah"

Yay! That he can go!!! At least at the moment :lmao:

You plans are looking good. Good that your doing a relaxish day on your first day with that early flight!

So glad Zach can now come :woohoo: Hopefully it stays that way!! So this means Alex will now go?

I like the look of Desert Inn, looks like a great place to stay. It great that its within walking distance of Disneyland.

Your first day sound nice and relaxing! Naps in the afternoon and fireworks on the rooftop in the evening. Sounds fab!

I knew the rooms looked not quite right! We stayed in a suite, two double beds and a sleeper sofe in the "living room". :thumbsup2

I wish I had booked that one originally. Basically, we have 2 queens and a rollaway. It should work. When there was talk of Zach and Alex not going... I KNEW it would work. But now as it looks more definite that Zach and Alex will be going... I wish I had reserved the larger room...cause nothing is available now. :rolleyes:

Yay! That he can go!!! At least at the moment :lmao:

You plans are looking good. Good that your doing a relaxish day on your first day with that early flight!

It should be a good day. I just hope that things dont change again. Honestly, it is making it hard for me to plan...

So glad Zach can now come :woohoo: Hopefully it stays that way!! So this means Alex will now go?

I like the look of Desert Inn, looks like a great place to stay. It great that its within walking distance of Disneyland.

Your first day sound nice and relaxing! Naps in the afternoon and fireworks on the rooftop in the evening. Sounds fab!
Yes, Alex will be going. (baring any changes)

Desert Inn should be a good place..it is right across from gates. :scratchin I think in terms of proximity... and I could be wrong... but I think it is a similar in distance to the ferry dock at MK to the MK gate. Again, it has been a while since I have been there... but that sounds about right.

Opinions...

I have been trying to do as much research as I can... and one thing I can across is making an early morning reservation at the Plaza for the Minnie breakfast on a day that is MM but that you don't have a MM credit for. (the whole extra hours thing is odd in DLR and TOTALLY different than in WDW) MM is offered in different ways to different types of guests on different types of days. (did ya all get that?) In any case... Zoe Steve and I will all have ONE credit that could be used Saturday or Sunday. Alex and Zach will have no credit on their ticket.

Moving on...

So I posted some questions and someone basically said good luck getting any reservations at this point. Well, that sent my ocd normal 180 +10 ADR making self into a panic. How did I overlook that? :eek: The person was right? I would never get something at this point.

Without further delay (and or thought or planning) I called. Like a person completely unprepared... when asked why I was calling... I responded. "I think I might make dinning reservations" I THINK? :confused:

Well then, the when and where were asked and basically there were to many options and before I knew it I had just booked a couple. :confused3 Honestly, I was expecting an answer of "we only have ONE left at the most odd time at the most undesirable place". So I was quite surprised.

Now however I am not sure I like the time I got for one...and hence why I need opinions since I can't seem to decide myself.

Day one for us in the park is Sat. The park opens at 8am... with MM being at 7am. I made a reservation at the Plaza for Steve and Zoe and I at 7:30.
This will mean that the three of us can enter early for just about 30 minutes before our breakfast..and use our MM credit. We then will continue on with the rest of our day after breakfast with the boys. This would mean only a few things could be done without the boys.. but we would get some things done. It also means we would not have to get up for a second early morning.

The other option (if it is even an option) would be to see about switching it to the next day. This would mean that we could use our MM credit on Sat. and spend more time (although without the boys) getting a lot done in fantasyland. The next day then (sunday), we would use our ADR (although, not called that in DL) to get in early to DL (MM will again be at 7am, but since our credit would have been used we can get in to go to our breakfast) After breakfast we would meet up with the boys.

So which would you do? I see benefit to both. I am so confused :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter