You will not believe this story

CR Resort Fan 4 Life

DIS Veteran
Hello all Canadian Disboards members, do I have a funny but serious story for you. I am writting this from Disney's Contemporary Resort as yesterday we arrived a WDW. Anyway yesterday morning just before leaving for the Airport we heard a weird noise. We had no idea what it was because every appliance in our house was shut off, however we could not find the noise. We had no idea what to do as our cab was waiting to take us to the Airport. So my Dad call's 911 & they send a fire truck over. At 1st they thought it was something withour alarm system, but then one of them says he thinks it's comming from one of our bags. It turns out the noise we heard was my Dad's electric shaver going off inside one of our bags. So we appologized to the fire men for comming for nothing, however when you look at it from ourside what we were going to do? Anyway it's something we can look back & laugh, however it's a good story to make sure nothing like that happens when your on your way out to the Airport to take a vacation.

Well, working for the local fire department as a dispatcher, I've heard it all. Trust me, you aren't the first and you won't be the last! We had a lady one night call us because she swore her smoke detector was beeping. She has a fire alarm system hooked up directly to the fire department, so we knew it wasn't her smoke detector, but we sent the fire truck anyways. Turns out it was her alarm clock...

Keeps the job interesting!!

Happened to me too while going through airport security.

That's priceless.. Almost as funny as when my 72 year old mother called the Gas company about a strange smell in the house that she thought was a gas leak. Turns out it was a bounce sheet stuck to her nightgown :rotfl:

My grandmother called the gas company too, for a strange sound everytime after she did the whites of her laundry coming from the basement. Turns out it was the waterheater filling up and heating the water

That is soooo funny! :rotfl: Thanks goodness it didn't go off at the airport! :joker:

Too funny!!!

Reminds me of the day I got home from work to discover 2 cops in the house. The kids, 12 and 14 at the time, were in the basement and heard someone upstairs, so they called the police. The dispatcher had them jam the treadmill up against the door until the cruiser arrived. Once the police arrived, they searched the entire house, including all my messy closets (I was mortified!), they found nothing and left.

Turns out, the noise was a Merry Christmas sign hanging out front that the wind was catching and banging against the side of the house! Ooops!!!!

We started hearing noises in our garage. Sounded like an animal was trapped. We called the animal control at our local police station. He heard it and stepped back while slowly pulling up the garage door. It was the mechanism of the garage door. It was partialy dismantled.

My then 2 yr old son had found in a junk draw a garage door opener. Who new the batteries were still working we had not used the door opener in about a year and a half. We went from suspense to all laughing our heads off.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter