Your experience combining AP rate & points?

MinnieGirl33

DIS Veteran
If you have combined an AP cash rate with a points ressie what was your experience with keeping same room?

MS has made notations on my ressie but since their systems don't talk to each other was just wondering if anyone ever had to move. I know they do their best to keep you in one spot, just curious since we only have experience linking member cash rate with points.

FWIW, if you are booking an AP rate do it over the phone NOT on-line. Because I booked a discounted rate on-line the cancellation policy changes from 6 days out to 46 days out (when you go to submit cc info a different set of terms & conditions appear - which I didn't read but did print out on my conf.). The CM suggested for future to check availability on-line but to call the ressie in.

Last May, I had a regular reservation thru CRO for 3 days and then we were staying an additional 2 or 3 days on points. I did not mention to either one about the reservation because I figured if I didn't like the room, I could move. But when I got the most perfect location on the top floor, I went down to Guest Services (this was at the Boardwalk) and told them about the second reservation. One of the CS gals came over, punched a few keys, and we were all set. We did have to get a new set of keys but there was no problem.

That being said, there is always a possibility that you might need to change. But my experience was very favorable.

Thanks for your reply!

I know it's a toss up. Just hoping that most people have had positive experiences as well. Since we're only coming in for a long weekend it wouldn't be the end of the world just alot easier.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter