Your favorite 2 bedroom?

With the dining plan and no car I might go for BCV or BWV, more options for dining nearby. OKW or THV are both great for extra space, but not very convenient without a car. VWL has Whispering Canyon-great breakfasts nice family place for a meal, and is close to Trail's End, Chef Mickey's, Kona Cafe & O'Hana, plus close to MK and Monorail for to Epcot. I think my first choice would be VWL for a peaceful trip, or BCV ro BVW for more of an "in the action" trip.

With twin 13 year olds I'd consider the Treehouse Villas.

OR

If you have enough points, I would go for a GV (grand villa) at OKW. They are fabulous! Everyone would have their own bath and bathroom. For a week you would need about 100 more points than a 2-bedroom at BCV. But I think that the space and set up would be well worth it. Or maybe you could shorten your stay by one night. Then the points are pretty comparable.

Don't the GV at OKW have stairs leading up to the upstairs though? They may be a problem for the OP's husband.

2BR at BLT. You get the 3rd bathroom, and can use the monorail to get to the Magic Kingdom and Epcot - only have to bus it to 2 parks instead of 4 if you stay at OKW or AKV.

Stayed last year with my family of 4, my parents, and my sister's family - a total of 9 of us, and it was GREAT to have the 3rd bathroom!

Interesting that you say BLT is easy to the parks, since most of what I hear is the opposite. Easy to MK (you walk), but not so much to the others. Of all the places I've stayed in DVC....OKW and AKV have the best transportation. Now that MIGHT be because they are a bit removed...I don't know, but I do know that we have had excellent service at those two over all the others we have stayed at.

Don't the GV at OKW have stairs leading up to the upstairs though? They may be a problem for the OP's husband.

True, I forgot that the Mom was going to need a scooter. She may not be able to make it up the stairs for the 2nd and 3rd bedroom. Although the OP could be beyond generous and offer the master to the parents. :)

I've only stayed at three 2 bedrooms - OKW, SSR, and AKV-Kidani. My favorite by far was at AKV. We loved having 3 bathrooms. With 6 of us, it was perfect only having 2 to a bathroom. And the balcony was huge. We all loved being able to hang out on the balcony and watch all of the animals.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter