Your favorite location in OKW?

LadyTrampScamp&Angel

DIS Veteran
Probably will stay at OKW this summer. While I think I would like a water view - I'd like to know where you all think is a good location, and why?

I know that although I liked building 49 the one problem was that you could hear some traffic noise since it was near Buena Vista Drive. Any advice would be appreciated.

As for water views, any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

WE HAVE STAYED THERE MANY TIMES AND DIFFERENT LOCATIONS. WE LIKE MOST SPOTS THERE BUT I THOUGHT OUR LAST STAY 3 WEEKS AGO IN PENNISULAR WAS HANDY. WE WERE ON FIRST FLOOR 2 BEDROOM THAT OVER LOOKED THE POND WITH THE FOUNTAIN YOU SEE AS YOU CROSS THE BRIDGE AFTER THE MAIN BUILDING. IT WAS QUIET COULDNT SEE THE CARS OR BUSES CROSSING THE BRIDGE. CANT RECALL BUILDING NUMBER BUT I THINK THE ROOM STARTED WITH 24 SOMETHING CANT REMEMBER LAST 2 DIGITs. ANYWAYS, THE BUS STOP WAS FIRST ONE IN RESORT SO IF WE MISSED THE BUS WE WANTED WE JUST WALKED OVER TO HOSPITAKITY HOUSE AND CAUGHT THE SAME BUS GOING OUT. YOUR CLOSE ENOUGH TO WALK TO MAIN POOL AND OLIVIAS ETC. THE ONLY THING WE HAD A BIT OF A PROBLEM WAS THAT THERE WAS ONLY 1 DOOR INTO LAUNDRYROOM.

building 62.... for sure!!! Beautiful view, close to the HH, can walk there from the HH stop or the first stop, and you can see Illuminations from the bridge behind the building!!!

WE HAVE STAYED THERE MANY TIMES AND DIFFERENT LOCATIONS. WE LIKE MOST SPOTS THERE BUT I THOUGHT OUR LAST STAY 3 WEEKS AGO IN PENNISULAR WAS HANDY. WE WERE ON FIRST FLOOR 2 BEDROOM THAT OVER LOOKED THE POND WITH THE FOUNTAIN YOU SEE AS YOU CROSS THE BRIDGE AFTER THE MAIN BUILDING. IT WAS QUIET COULDNT SEE THE CARS OR BUSES CROSSING THE BRIDGE. CANT RECALL BUILDING NUMBER BUT I THINK THE ROOM STARTED WITH 24 SOMETHING CANT REMEMBER LAST 2 DIGITs. ANYWAYS, THE BUS STOP WAS FIRST ONE IN RESORT SO IF WE MISSED THE BUS WE WANTED WE JUST WALKED OVER TO HOSPITAKITY HOUSE AND CAUGHT THE SAME BUS GOING OUT. YOUR CLOSE ENOUGH TO WALK TO MAIN POOL AND OLIVIAS ETC. THE ONLY THING WE HAD A BIT OF A PROBLEM WAS THAT THERE WAS ONLY 1 DOOR INTO LAUNDRYROOM.

We have never been disappointed in any of our stays at OKW. We have also stayed in bulding 26 on Peninsular and found it to be a very handy location with access to the buses, HH, Gurgling Suitcase, Main Pool, Hank's, and, again, the Gurgling Suitcase. :drinking1

These OKW posts are getting me so excited to stay there this Sept! We are staying in a 2BR in the HH section. I am thrilled we will be close to all the action around the HH.

Have a great trip Ladytramp!

These OKW posts are getting me so excited to stay there this Sept! We are staying in a 2BR in the HH section. I am thrilled we will be close to all the action around the HH.

Have a great trip Ladytramp!

WHEN IN SEPT WE ARE THERE SEPT 11th BEFORE MEMBER CRUISE THEN AFTER FOR 3 DAYS?

We're going there in less than 2 weeks, and as long as we're on the top floor, there isn't a place we don't like. Every area has its advantages for us. Probably our favorite water view, however, was building 42, right next to the Turtle Pond pool. It was very quiet, but a goodly walk to the bus stop.

I like Bldng 15, it's not HH cat. but close enough to walk to main pool and HH area. The views are of the goldfcourse and the water ways and fountains between the greens, we love it. We also like 45 and 46 which have total waterviews of the canal and 55 and 56 which have a quiet pool and BBQ grills. Enjoy your stay!

we have stayed in Building 45 and had a lovely water view. Very quiet also :thumbsup2

Building 12 was right across the street from HH. No road noise and a beautiful view of the golf course. We stayed in building 24 or 26 once and did not like it. Our room was by the main road running through OKW (past the HH area) and we could hear buses running very late.

WHEN IN SEPT WE ARE THERE SEPT 11th BEFORE MEMBER CRUISE THEN AFTER FOR 3 DAYS?

We just booked a HH 2BR for 9/5-9/10 just this week. This will be our first DVC trip and we are taking the ILs, I think OKW will be perfect :goodvibes

We like so many of the OKW locations, that it's easier to say which ones we like to stay away from! We don't like buildings 28 or 29 and aren't particularily fond of the back buildings on Old Turtle Pond Road.

Probably will stay at OKW this summer. While I think I would like a water view - I'd like to know where you all think is a good location, and why?

I know that although I liked building 49 the one problem was that you could hear some traffic noise since it was near Buena Vista Drive. Any advice would be appreciated.

As for water views, any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

W V you ask; bldg.-55 , 1 bedroom, rm.5520 , a studio ,rm. 5521. I know what you mean about bldg.49..........take ear plugs,was up all night. And that's my suggestion.....:thumbsup2...........Welcome Home.

We like to be near the HH area but don't like to hear bus/traffic noise (stayed in #27 recently and found it a bit loud). If we aren't able to get the HH category, I would love to hear any additional suggestions for favorite buildings near HH area but still quiet.

Now that we're back (boy, this post was old!), I can suggest a building to avoid-#40. That's the one we had this last trip, and in all our times at OKW, this was the first building we disliked. No views, lots of road noise, and worst of all-no ducks or bunnies all week.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter