Your First Morning of Vacation...

Which DVC resort gives you your favorite "first day of vacation" experience?

• Old Key West

• Wilderness Lodge Villas

• Board Walk Villas

• Beach Club Villas

• Saratoga Springs Resort

• Hilton Head Resort

• Vero Beach Resort

Results are only viewable after voting.

NJParkhopper

DIS Veteran- Thanks for everything, Walt!!!
Ahhhhh... that first morning of vacation after you've checked in the day before and been "welcomed home!" What is that morning like for you?

I enjoy getting up at BWV's or BCV's, taking a morning run out to Disney/MGM Studios, watching the park "wake up"... then running along the waterway back to finish with a few laps around the Boardwalk before stopping. Or sometimes just walking down to the Bakery and getting that morning cup of coffee and just relishing the fact that our family has the whole vacation ahead of us! I get lost in the "magic" and look forward to that first stroll down Main Street... seeing Cinderella's Castle as we turn the corner by the Emporium... or the prospect of enjoying Illuminations (anticipating the emotions we all feel at its' finale... the same emotions I felt the very first time our family saw it). Or the knowledge that you're going to get that feeling later that night; you know... the feeling as you head back to the resort... not wanting to go to bed because you just don't want such a special day to end! Or the feeling that I bought into such a special ownership... with "neighbors" like all of you! When I meet some of you from this forum and we see the faces and families behind the screen name. What a special thing we have, isn't it?

What is that first morning like for you?

Definately Boardwalk for me. First since it is our home and we enjoy staying there the most. Last June we had a one bedroom with a Boardwalk view. I loved being out on the balcony in the early morning. The water is calm and everything looks so peaceful. Definately a great way to start vacation.

The sounds of birds and watching the boats pick up those first visitors in the morning heading to the MK, all while enjoying a cup of hot coffee from the balcony of our room at VWL. Thats a great wake up call! We know we are "Home"

BWV, I like to have my coffee :coffee: and walk around the lake as soon as the bakery opens, then into the pool for a dip , then more coffee. :coffee:

We stay at all the on-site DVC and I can walk at all of them but BWV is my favorite.

I voted for OKW but also the BCV. I love waking up and wandering out onto the balcony and sitting there while the rest of the world wakes up. We always request a view of the quiet pool at BCV and often watch the ducks take a swim in the pool first thing in the morning. At OKW we often have them lingering around our balcony looking for a snack. It is sooo peaceful.

Now, we haven't stayed at Vero, but I can imagine waking up and taking a stroll on the beach first thing while it is all still quiet.

Voted BW if its BW View-cant beat it for in the middle of the magic. :thumbsup2

coffee on the porch at OKW watching the ducks, the lawn maintenance crews and just relaxing with no need to rush or hurry to get anywhere. Just threw in a 1 night stay there on the way to visit friends in Bradenton the first week of April. Retire April 1 - OKW watching the sun come up April 4 - doesn't get much better than that.

Definitely Hilton Head. I'm not usually a "morning" person, :scared1: but I absolutely LOVE to start my morning with coffee and the Island Packet looking out over the marsh at Hilton Head! :coffee:

For WDW resorts, it would have to be OKW, because it also has that nice relaxing feel in the morning to help me ease into the rest of the day. :sunny:

BWV is my favorite; love walking along the freshly-washed boardwalk, watching the resorts 'wake up' with me. Second favorite would be the VWL; like the stroll along the covered walkway to the hotel to grab a bite for breakfast, then out to the geyser and along the lake back to the villas...
BCV is more of an afternoon break favorite; can't beat lazing about Stormalong Bay!

We always begin with the Magic Kingdom, so I always feel like our vacation really starts when we enter the gates and start walking up Main Street toward the castle. We had no idea about the "Cinderellabration" show, so it was a really great surprise to walk up to the castle with the music swelling and everyone dancing around. We really felt like we entered another world. My DS5 nearly passed out from excitement. :)

Ooops. I just looked at the original question, and realized you were asking about which RESORT gave us that vacation feeling. I think all the DVC resorts are amazing, so I'm happy to start the morning at any of them.

OKW! Just love to spend the morning AND evening out on the big porch with a cup of tea listening to the birds and watching everything wake up!

Right now I just love waking up at the BWV!!! In August will be my first stay at OKW, so maybe I'll change my mind.

I go for all of the above....hey I am on Vacation

True as long as I am on vacation I'm happy, although I did vote for Vero since when you get up there , you are not rushing!! Nothing like waking up everyone is sleeping and you sit on your balcony and stare at the ocean. Can't beat it!! I also have to say it only takes me a couple days and I am bored, so I have to rush back to the World!!

My DD and I just love feeding the ducks and bunnies from OKW patio.

It's such a nice way to start the day ;)

Goldi

My family loves feeding the ducks and bunnies too! While I love waking up ANYWHERE in WDW, Old Key West is my favorite because it is so peaceful. You just head out to that wonderful balcony and the little critters keep you company. We will be there in about 10 days and I am so excited I can't stand it. This morning on the way to school my son (7) kept saying "I wish it would be next week because I want to go to Disney World!" I am raising him right :)

First let me say..... I want to go to Disney!!! You all remind me how much I miss it. And we just got back a few months ago.

I voted OKW. I love the fact I can lounge on the balcony ( we go off season so there usually aren't many golfers) having my coffee, watching the ducks while the rest of the family scurries around inside.

I voted OKW because I love to go out on the balcony and watch the golfers :)

Sipping my hot tea, sitting in my jammies...ahh.....

100_2225.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter