Your Key to the World card

disneyfreak89

DIS Veteran
Can anyone whose stayed at a resort in WDW recently tell me if the "Your Key to the World" card has changed from the "Where Dreams Come True" logo (as seen below)? We have received this design for the past 2 years (since 2/07) and would like to know if they've finally (ran out) or changed the design by now!

img115.jpg

We were there in October. I believe it was the same card design. I will dig one out and check for sure though.

Thanks drag 'n fly.....that's disappointing to hear.

When we were there in 2008, we were hoping for a "Year of a Million Dreams" themed one....then this past year, a "What will you Celebrate?" one, but no such luck.....clearly, they made a gazillion of these and have to use them up! :mad:

Looking through my scrapbook, I have a variety of colorful "key to the world" cards that I've accumulated over the years. They are as follows:

'90-'95 resort specific
'96 it was blue with "Celebrating 25 Magical Years"
'99 was blue with the "2000" logo with Mickey, Donald and Goofy
'01' was purple and had Mickey holding a key
'03 was back to blue with Mickey holding a paintbrush in the upper top left hand corner and the fab 5 in the background
'05 was really cool with Tinkerbell
'06 had the castle with the "Happiest Celebration on Earth" logo
'07 to present, the same boring "Where Dreams Come True" logo :sad2:

Was same in Aug, going again in Jan, so hope we get a new design! Kinda like the mug issue, same blue ones for a few years, ugh! Love the red mugs, would love a red KTTW card like the new mugs!

Last month at the Contemporary my family and I got the same cards that said Where Dreams Come True, so at the time they had not changed them to reflect the What Will You Celebrate promotion and I doubt they have done that in the new year.

It has been a long time since we had new card designs, so I think it is time for a new design.:thumbsup2

Actually, to be honest, I never really notice. :lmao: My husband was going through our KTTW cards in our souvenir box when he put in the cards from our most recent trip (back in August) and mentioned that it has been quite a few vacations since they changed it.....

I was bored so decided to scan all the cards that I've accumulated over the years.

Look at how colorful they are! Wouldn't a RED "What will you celebrate?" or
"Give a Day get a Day" Muppet card be a great addition? ;)

KeystotheWorld.jpg

I was bored so decided to scan all the cards that I've accumulated over the years.

Look at how colorful they are! Wouldn't a RED "What will you celebrate?" or
"Give a Day get a Day" Muppet card be a great addition? ;)

KeystotheWorld.jpg
I noticed one of your cards says Fort Wilderness Resort, so I am wondering how old is that card and was there a time when all the resorts gave out cards which said the name of their resort?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter