Your (Loews) first benefits announced.

I was told just the opposite by someone at Lowes First on the 15th. I enrolled a few months ago at the Blue level. I'll be making my first stay at a Lowes hotel (PBH) this Saturday. I was told that I was no longer eligible for a free upgrade if available and was now demoted (okay, that's my word for it not the CSR I spoke with) to "Member" status.

Now there are more reasons than ever to experience a Loews Hotel and start enjoying the benefits of your YouFirst membership.

You're automatically enrolled in YouFirst at your current level of membership until January 1, 2009. Extend your current membership status for an additional 12 months just by staying with us at least once between now and then.

Get full details on your new YouFirst benefits at loewshotels.com/youfirst

it was a confirmation that i am at platinum and will continue to be if i make one stay again before january 09.

I was told just the opposite by someone at Lowes First on the 15th. I enrolled a few months ago at the Blue level. I'll be making my first stay at a Lowes hotel (PBH) this Saturday. I was told that I was no longer eligible for a free upgrade if available and was now demoted (okay, that's my word for it not the CSR I spoke with) to "Member" status.

Have you received a Blue membership card? I'm curious how this will all work. I have a Gold membership card. Others have Platinum cards. When checking in and showing your card, will the desk agent have to pull up your membership status to verify your ranking prior to upgrading? I can see them checking when you book the room, but not when checking in.

Okay Dis'ers are you ready for another installment of "As The Loews Turns"...

Soooo, I just called to reserve my Portofino Suite, the lady asked if I was aware of the new changes taking place, I told her yes and I know alot of members that aren't too thrilled. She asked why and I told her some of us members who finally have attained a Platinum status feel like after 2010 we are getting the shaft. :rolleyes1 She was very nice and had a nice sense of humor. ;)

I explained to her that I was under the impression that I have until Jan 2009 to stay at a Loews hotel where I will be granted another 12 months grace period as a Platinum member, after that I had to stay 10 times within that year to keep my member status, or I would be downgraded to Gold, after that year if I didn't stay 5 -7 times I would downgrade to Blue, and then to Member if I didn't meet those requirements. She said, no that is not correct. :scared1:

She said you only have to stay with us once during the grace period, then you keep your status as long as you stay with us once a year, every year, if not then you get downgraded.

If this is true...............:yay: :yay: :yay:

I wish the grace period was one measly month longer...

Okay Dis'ers are you ready for another installment of "As The Loews Turns"...

Soooo, I just called to reserve my Portofino Suite, the lady asked if I was aware of the new changes taking place, I told her yes and I know alot of members that aren't too thrilled. She asked why and I told her some of us members who finally have attained a Platinum status feel like after 2010 we are getting the shaft. :rolleyes1 She was very nice and had a nice sense of humor. ;)

I explained to her that I was under the impression that I have until Jan 2009 to stay at a Loews hotel where I will be granted another 12 months grace period as a Platinum member, after that I had to stay 10 times within that year to keep my member status, or I would be downgraded to Gold, after that year if I didn't stay 5 -7 times I would downgrade to Blue, and then to Member if I didn't meet those requirements. She said, no that is not correct. :scared1:

She said you only have to stay with us once during the grace period, then you keep your status as long as you stay with us once a year, every year, if not then you get downgraded.

If this is true...............:yay: :yay: :yay:

You might have been told that verbally but this is what is in writing:

If a Member does not earn enough qualifying stays during the 12 months following a change in status to progress to the next level of membership or to maintain the Member’s existing level of membership, the Member will be downgraded to the next-lower level of membership on the 1-year anniversary of that change in status (12 months after earning status). For example, if a Member earns Gold status on October 1, 2008, but does not qualify for Gold status as of September 30, 2009 (has not had at least 5 qualifying stays in the most recent 12 months), that Member would be downgraded to Blue status as of October 1, 2009.

This is why many are so upset, in the past it was qualifying nights not stays so it will be virtually impossible for those of us who only use Loews while in Orlando to maintain status.

Yes, I've had my blue membership card for a couple of months now. And I actually had the same questions about checking in. I asked them in the Lowes sticky thread and got what I thought was interesting advice: to hand them my id, credit card, and lowesfirst card right off the bat when checking in.

But from what was quoted above, it appears that what the LowesFirst CSR told me was wrong: we should all be 'grandfathered' into our current level of membership for a year from the time we enrolled. My concern is that with Lowes' CSRs so confused about this, it's almost a lock that registration people will as well, some thinking it works one way, others other ways. I feel like it's almost certainly going to be a crap shoot!

Have you received a Blue membership card? I'm curious how this will all work. I have a Gold membership card. Others have Platinum cards. When checking in and showing your card, will the desk agent have to pull up your membership status to verify your ranking prior to upgrading? I can see them checking when you book the room, but not when checking in.

If a Member does not earn enough qualifying stays during the 12 months following a change in status to progress to the next level of membership or to maintain the Member’s existing level of membership, the Member will be downgraded to the next-lower level of membership on the 1-year anniversary of that change in status (12 months after earning status). For example, if a Member earns Gold status on October 1, 2008, but does not qualify for Gold status as of September 30, 2009 (has not had at least 5 qualifying stays in the most recent 12 months), that Member would be downgraded to Blue status as of October 1, 2009.

I was told after you reach Platinum, or if you already are Platinum, "maintain" meant stay at any one of the Loews hotels at least 1 time a year. It is so confusing. I called the Loews number under the contact us page for YouFirst, and the rep couldn't answer this question, so I have emailed the corporate and we'll see what happens. :confused3

I'm curious where you got the quote from. If this is true then, since I enrolled as blue, I should still be eligible for a free upgrade (if available, of course) and free internet - both of which would be very nice. Could you direct me to the source so I could have something to appeal to in case the person at registration has the same misunderstanding about it that the CSR at LowesFirst had when she told me that I was automatically demoted, as of the 15th, to member status?

You might have been told that verbally but this is what is in writing:

This is why many are so upset, in the past it was qualifying nights not stays so it will be virtually impossible for those of us who only use Loews while in Orlando to maintain status.

That quote is from an email that was sent out explaining the new program. Maybe you aren't grandfathered in because you didn't stay onsite before the changes? :confused3

Darn, I did receive an e-mail but deleted it supposing it just contained the same info I was getting online about this (and deleted it in an irretrievable way). And I just called again and spoke with a CSR about this who simply couldn't respond to the question about what happens to current members. I see that others have gotten prompt responses from the VP. I'll try sending her an e-mail and see what happens.

That quote is from an email that was sent out explaining the new program. Maybe you aren't grandfathered in because you didn't stay onsite before the changes? :confused3

I'm curious where you got the quote from. If this is true then, since I enrolled as blue, I should still be eligible for a free upgrade (if available, of course) and free internet - both of which would be very nice. Could you direct me to the source so I could have something to appeal to in case the person at registration has the same misunderstanding about it that the CSR at LowesFirst had when she told me that I was automatically demoted, as of the 15th, to member status?

The quote is from the terms and conditions of the YouFirst program directly from the Loews site. It is very clear to me that if the program is implemented as per the terms and conditions almost all of us lose out. However, as has been stated elsewhere, it is early in the program's roll out and hopefully things will change.

Tizzy_Meliss - if you look below the area you highlighted in my quote, it is very clear that to maintain status you start from step 1 for each rolling year. The example they gave is that gold must have another 5 qualifying stays to maintain gold.

Thanks. I found it. But reading it more carefully, it doesn't look like it necessarily has to be interpreted to apply to members previously enrolled under LowesFirst. I guess it all depends on what is meant by the phrase, "change in status," when they write: "If a Member does not earn enough qualifying stays during the 12 months following a change in status to progress to the next level of membership or to maintain the Member’s existing level of membership, the Member will be downgraded to the next-lower level of membership on the 1-year anniversary of that change in status (12 months after earning status)." If "a change in status" refers to the change that just took place this week with the new criteria for membership levels, then it does. But are we sure it refers to that? Has anyone received an e-mail or been told over the phone that it does?

The quote is from the terms and conditions of the YouFirst program directly from the Loews site. It is very clear to me that if the program is implemented as per the terms and conditions almost all of us lose out. However, as has been stated elsewhere, it is early in the program's roll out and hopefully things will change.

Tizzy_Meliss - if you look below the area you highlighted in my quote, it is very clear that to maintain status you start from step 1 for each rolling year. The example they gave is that gold must have another 5 qualifying stays to maintain gold.

Calgary, I am not trying to be argumentative with you, I realize what the email said, I was merely reporting what was told to me by the CSR when I booked my suite today. I told the CSR what was written in the email, she was the one who told me you had to stay once per year to maintain. She most likely is wrong, but a girl can dream. :cloud9:

Loews needs to get their employees better informed. When I called the number on the Loews You First page, they couldn't even give me the answer. :confused3

Calgary, I am not trying to be argumentative with you, I realize what the email said, I was merely reporting what was told to me by the CSR when I booked my suite today. I told the CSR what was written in the email, she was the one who told me you had to stay once per year to maintain. She most likely is wrong, but a girl can dream. :cloud9:

Loews needs to get their employees better informed. When I called the number on the Loews You First page, they couldn't even give me the answer. :confused3

:thumbsup2

I totally agree. On the 15th I called the number on my Loews card which was the existing office that fielded questions. Fortunately, the person who answered the phone remembered me and answered my initial questions. At the end of the convesation, she referred me to the new CSR department set up for YouFirst which is the 1-877-LOEWS14 number for all future questions. I believe the old number is now the "corporate" CSR office. The two calls I made to the new CSR department made it evident they are still learning. The one CSR stated she is really only trained in signing up new people. It may take awhile for them to work out the kinks on this one.

Also, I just booked a night in August at the Phila Loews to see the Real Pirate Exhibit and have dinner. No suie upgrade as the Governor's suite was booked. We are getting a $100 food and beverage credit which is just incredible to me for a one night stay! I foresee Loews placing a # of night minimum on this benefit in the future. I was told the Special Welcome gift is decided by the managers of the various resorts and is supposed to be locally unique.

I just received this e-mail from Lowes regarding my membership level:

"We sincerely apologize for any confusion. During the transition from LoewsFirst to YouFirst, a small percentage of our guests mistakenly experienced a downgrade in status. We have identified the problem and are in the process of rectifying the issue. Your former membership status will be reinstated when the technical fix has been put in place."

I'll take this e-mail to registration with me in case the person at check in doesn't believe I'm still blue. Hopefully that will be enough to settle things. And I just looked and saw the hotel currently has rooms that are one upgrade above ours (standard with a bay view - currently we just have standard garden view)!

This is like calculus.

I applied for a Loew's card. Received it a few months ago. Made my reservations at RPR in Orlando and mentioned the Loew's card.

The card they sent me says "Blue" (but I've never used it).

Under the rules, new rules, existing rules, changing rules...he he....what exactly will I get?...and what status am I?

For platinum, I was told about the $100 resort credit, but not about the "special welcome gift"??

I will be platinum for this summer trip, but probably will drop a level...
Thats okay..I'll take the $100 resort credit..We use the breakfast buffets anyway, so the $100 will be well spent!

Any infor on platinum special welcome gift?????????????

Thx.........:goodvibes :goodvibes :goodvibes

For platinum, I was told about the $100 resort credit, but not about the "special welcome gift"??

I will be platinum for this summer trip, but probably will drop a level...
Thats okay..I'll take the $100 resort credit..We use the breakfast buffets anyway, so the $100 will be well spent!

Any infor on platinum special welcome gift?????????????

Thx.........:goodvibes :goodvibes :goodvibes

Loews central reservations stated the special welcome gift is decided by the managers of the hotel and is usually something local. I will find out in Phila in August what the unitguely Phila local gift is. Soft pretzels? Pat's cheesesteak? Drive by shooting?

If the Philadelphia welcome gift is still the same regional gift it was when we went for the King Tut exhibit it was fabulous. Hard pretzels, rootbeer and a bunch of other local food items. They gave my son a bag with a King Tut themed book and sticker book and some food items and a water. We are booked in a suite (hopefully we stay platinum) this October for the Pirate exhibit. Please post how things go afterwards. Thanks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter