Your "Magic" Spot

PhillipV

Goofy is... as Goofy does.
My wife & I have a question...

Where is your "spot" at WDW? You know what we mean... that one place where the magic is the strongest? Maybe it's sitting at The Floridian watching fireworks? Maybe it's the moment you turn that corner to see The Castle?

Our's is strolling down Main Street... hand in hand.

Where is your "spot"?

Sitting in the rocking chairs on the wooden porch in Frontierland. I think the store near it is the Frontierland Trading Post.

hi like your question! we have a many that we enjoy! One of them is the little outdoor eating area at norway in Epcot, we get some pastries and viking coffee :drinking1 ,its so pretty back there and the little birds are so so cute ,we also love the mexican pavillian and the little ride back there, and when the mariachi band plays :charac2: , we like to eat ice cream and people wacth at the little tables by the plaza restautant at mk , we like the view of the castle and the ducks, we like walking around the lake at csr it's so pretty during the day and even more so at night! i could go on but i'm getting "homesick" thanks for stirring my memory! Jan

I like strolling around Epcot with a drink in hand, people watching and listening to the music change as I walk from one country to the next.

Melissa

No its got to be standing outside MK, looking up at Main Street station for the first time on your holiday-that "can't believe I'm here and I'm so excited I feel sick"feeling where you don't know whether to laugh or cry!

On a related topic, whats the moment when you know you're there? For me its when I see the really broad blades of grass on the sidewalks-English grass is really weedy and spindly! :rotfl:

What a great topic!

Philip, the strolling down Main Street hand in hand almost brought tears to my eyes...that's a definite magic moment for DH and I, as well. Our first date was at MK 15 years ago.

In addition, I'd say right after we get through the turnstyles at MK and we're getting our backback, sunglasses and hats "organized" after all the chaos. We sorta look at each other with that "look," like, "Okay...we're finally here!"

Another vote for strolling the countries in Epcot. We enjoy our drinks on vacation. We start with big beers in Mexico, then another in Germany, then a black & tan in England. We're generally fairly loopy by this time, so we find that quiet little area back where the Beatles spinoff band plays and try and sober up before steak dinner at Le Cellier. Inevitably we see Pooh there, after which DH and I need to cuddle on a bench and seriously consider never leaving WDW.

Glad you like the topic!! I thought more people would respond. Guess we're the only ones who really feel the magic! :-)

We adore the Mexico pavilion in EPCOT. :love: We always eat lunch at the San Angel Inn (we LOVE the ambiance, food is just OK).

We also love to get margaritas & a snack and eat at the Cantina and look out over the lagoon toward the other countries. :sunny:

We love the backround music as we stroll from country to country, too, but Mexico is our favorite. :lovestruc

We have dozens of favorite spots but the one that still takes my breath away every time, even after all these years, is coming out from under the train station in MK and seeing Main Street.

The sight of the Castle always gives me that "I'm home" feeling......We love Main Street!!! :sunny:

Shopping at the Emporiumn with DD.
First glance of the castle
Chef Mickeys while twirling my napkin
riding that stinkie monorail :rotfl2:
Inspecting the carvings on the tree of life
PINA COLADA at the Poly
Spotting tigger' for the first time of the trip----OK I could go on forever and I know I should just pick one.

OK that would be entering MK with my group of 16 last December!!!!!!!!!
Susan

Guess I'm being redundant but for us it's definitely that moment after passing through the train tunnel, seeing the Town Square and knowing the Castle is a blink away! Seems like a jumble of memories held in my heart come right to the surface and exit through my tear ducts...every time!

(13 Days and counting down!)

Wow. What a topic.

The absolute first thing I thought about was Main Street. Even though it's not my favorite spot at WDW, it's definately the place where the magic is the most powerful.

I can spend my whole vacation in the World Showcase and feel absolutely pleased, but there is just something about Main Street that keeps me coming back. As I get older I appreciate more about Main Street than any other place at WDW. As WDW grows, the rides/attractions and parks have grown or transformed. The one constant in my life has been Main Street. The penny arcade was my favorite when I use to visit when I was 8-14 yrs. old. The bakery/ice cream parlor was my next favorite in addition to Crystal Palace. Now, it seems that I appreciate the architecture more than anything else. Is there anything better than the Main Street Theatre? The Barber Shop Quartet? The fact that you're that much closer to Space Mountain?

Writing this tells me that it's definately been too long since I've been to Main Street and I hope that what I've written is still relevant.

Thank you to PhillipV for starting this thread. The $$$ you've just cost me to book another WDW vacation will be well worth it.

Strolling hand-in-hand through World Showcase with my husband after Illuminations. We always walk slowly, trying to make the beautiful time together last a bit longer. :love:

Thanks for this very special thread! :goodvibes

Every spot!! :thumbsup2 :cool1: :rotfl2:

Seriously, I do love them all but I guess my favorite would be walking from World Showcase towards Spaceship Earth. Being able to see the lights on that "Big Golf Ball" and watch the fountain dance at night. :cool1: That is when I really know I have been to Disney and know that it can't get any better than this! :woohoo:

Loved looking out my window at the Grand Floridian and seeing the Castle. Entering MK and standing on Main Street, gazing at the Castle (do you see a theme? :) ). But the strongest magic for me is watching Wishes and being reminded to "dare to do what dreamers do" and "make a wish, dream a dream, and your wish WILL come true."

Thanks for helping me remember...

Exiting from the Monorail and making that run toward the entrance!!!

It's like living that first moment from childhood all over again!

Yeah, Main Street for me too. Or sometimes the first "spot" where you spot
a character giving autographs especially if it's a part of the MainSt area
where you had your first character encounter. Including the circular area
where you can look down all of MainSt with the Castle right in the middle.

My favorite time to do is in the Beginning of December when all the Christmas decorations and walking down Main Street with all the Chrisatmas lightsmakes it even more magical. You get that feeling like your walking on air and nothing else matters. Then I look down at my girls are their eyes light up like it is the first time all over again.

Not to mention seeing Cinderella walk next to her Carriage behind the Castle during Christmas party.

Seeing the first parade on my trip (or any parade) always transfixes me ;) My family also loves looking at all the flowers that are at Epcot in the spring...they're beautiful!

I do like coming up Main Street and catching that first glimpse of the castle. I also like getting my first beer of the trip at the Rose & Crown Pub.

But my favorite spot at WDW (and this is a weird one, believe me) is on the walkway from the YC/BC to the International Gateway. Most people walk up the hill and go straight to the IG or turn to go to the Boardwalk. However, a part of the path branches off and goes underneath the bridge to the Boardwalk. I rarely see anyone else using that path and, for that reason, I feel like that small part of WDW is "mine." I am always so thrilled when I can take that path for the first time during a WDW trip and my family refer's to that place as "daddy's favorite spot."

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter