Your Opinion: Studio Vs 1 Bedroom

NJParkhopper

DIS Veteran- Thanks for everything, Walt!!!
We're going to be staying in a 1 bedroom at BWV. Since 2000, we've stayed in a studio (myself, DW, and DS). Lots of neighbors have been telling us that once we stay in a 1 bedroom we'll never go back to a studio. Is that true?

I haven't stayed in a studio yet, only a 1BR and prior to DVC the Ft Wilderness Cabins. However, I have stayed in many many nice hotel rooms that I would imagine are comparable to a studio - and I know without a doubt we will be doing 1BRs or better on our trips to WDW. The 1BRs are so nice, and I really enjoy having the living room, W/D, and full kitchen. I don't think I would be happy in a studio, unless that was the *only* way I could go or if it was just the two of us without kids. Anything at WDW is better than staying home!

Hi: We've never stayed in a studio (even when it's just dh and I or just ds and ddil). Some of my family have stayed in the studios on our points, but to me it's too much like a hotel room. Just my opinion though.

Our first trip (DH and I) was in a BWV studio. We were blown away. We couldn't imagine anything better :cloud9: . Well, we stayed in a 1BR and have never looked back :lovestruc . Even when there is only 2 of us we love the extra room. DH can stay up and watch ESPN in the living room, I can catch up on Soapnet in the BR. It is a slippery slope staying in a 1Br to buying an add-on :rolleyes1
Have a great trip but you've been warned!

NJParkhopper said:
We're going to be staying in a 1 bedroom at BWV. Since 2000, we've stayed in a studio (myself, DW, and DS). Lots of neighbors have been telling us that once we stay in a 1 bedroom we'll never go back to a studio. Is that true?
It's true. Worse yet, if you ever stay in a 2 bedroom with your son (mine was 16 when we joined) you will find yourself booking those just for 3 of you

I've stayed in both type of rooms. And I have to admitt....I LOVE the 1BR's much better. First of all you have MORE room. If you feel like relaxing and stretching out you can go into the bedroom, close the door and that's it! Then you have the full kitchen (not that we use it much ;) ) and the laundry facilities!!! You pack way less.

Now this July just DH and I are staying in a 1BR at SSR. We just purchased there and thought it would be kinda nice for our first trip. Then in October for the Food and Wine Festival, we'll be in a Studio over at our "original home"; the Boardwalk.

Trust me; you'll love it!! :thumbsup2

NJParkhopper said:
I'll go along with the "lots of neighbors". We used to stay in studios until on one trip, we decided at the last minute to "splurge" on a 1 BR (Why, oh, why?) The washer-dryer, 2 TVs (great if you have a sports-addict DH, like me), big porch (at some DVCs)-no going back. Only 1 BRs for us now.

It's true!! When we joined DVC, studios were like Heaven to us, then we splurged on a 1 bedroom, and we have never looked back! We have even borrowed points in order to get a 1or2 bedroom(and we own 900 pts!). It gets worse--we have even rented a grande villa for two of us! It's like an addiction, but there is nothing better than laundry facilities, a jacuzzi tub, and multiple bathrooms with teen aged girls. :teeth:

We've been in a BCV studio, OKW & VWL 1BR, BCV & OKW 2BR, and OKW GV. While I would LOVE to live in a GV (my home, not my vacation), we pick our location and accomodations according to our "mission" for any particular trip. Who we go with, when we go, how long we'll be there, and what we want to do dictate where we stay. We're staying in a BCV studio at the beginning of this summer. Why? There are just two of us (DD18 and I), we don't want to cook, we do want to walk to Epcot and D-MGM, and we want a longer trip (May 31 - June 11).

This trip... longer stay beats more room and a big tub hands down. :thumbsup2

On our first trip home (last year) we stayed in a one bedroom. We couldve stayed in a one bedroom this year, but for whatever reason I booked a studio. I am a bit nervous that my husband will not think much of the studio...in three more weeks I will find out for sure.

I agree that once you upgrade that it can be difficult to go back. I also think that "downgrading" can be easy when you want to save on points.

Our first stay at BWV we rented points and stayed in a 1 bedroom, we LOVED it, but couldnt afford to buy yet. Then we stayed at CSR in a regular hotel room, it was beautiful but we REALLY missed the 1 bedroom. Once we bought we booked a studio at SSR, waitlisted BWV or BC, when our waitlist came thru we found out there was a 1 bedroom standard we jumped on it! Now we are going in Oct. originally just the 4 of us and we got a 1 bedroom, now friends are coming so we got a 2 bedroom. Personally we LOVE LOVE LOVE the 1 bedroom, and will cut our trips shorter in order to stay in one

I'm going to go against the grain here: our first stay was in a 1-bedroom just after the BWV opened. A few years later, we joined DVC. Our first official DVC stay was split between a 1-bedroom and a studio. Most of my later trips have been in a studio (one of them for 34 nights!)

Last year, we had a 2-bedroom--which was wonderful! But, subsequent trips will be back in a studio (Oct/Jan/Feb). :teeth: What it boils down to for us is: we'd rather have looong stays in a studio than short stays in a 1-bedroom. :banana:

If we have guests/family with us, we will get a larger room or reserve separate studios, depending on the dynamics of the relationship. (I need my space from some of them!) ;)

But we have no problem switching back and forth between all types of accommodations. (I do really miss the washer/dryer.)

We will occationally stay in a studio 1 or 2 nights on either end of a ressie to extend points if it's just the two of us, but we usually get a 1 or 2 bedroom.

We stayed in studios for all of our DVC trips until this last one when we split our stay between a studio at BCV and a 1 bedroom at BWV. While there were some things about the 1 BR that were nice, I won't have any problem staying in studios again.

Well we bought enough points to stay in a one bedroom because that is what we wanted. Hubby and I figured why bother getting points to stay in a studio. (Yes I know there are good reasons, just this is our opinion.)

So we stayed in a one bedroom and it was so nice! The boys could watch TV at night and so could we, they could go to bed earlier and we could stay up without disturbing them.

We are going back to a std hotel room for this next trip and I have a feeling we will be missing our 1bdrm.

Besides I am the only girl in the house (even the dog is a boy) so a one bedroom will be necessary as our boys become pre-teens and teens.

First trip - rented points for the 1 br OKW - bought SSR that trip - never stayed in a studio and never will.......jus DH & I ....it's like out own little condo. LOVE IT!

We' ve done both studios and 1 BR. If we stay for a week we get a 1 BR but if we do a short weekend, we do a studio.

Our favorite is a 1 BR but studios on the weekend give us a nice get a way!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter