Yuck! The decor of the new BLT rooms

I like the design and style, but as a previous poster mentioned - I don't like the color palette.

I worry about the dark colored cabinets in the kitchen. We noticed when we stayed at AKV this past summer - that the dark wood really shows up the nicks and dings. We observed several gouges in the end tables, armoire in the BR and the kitchen cabinet doors. Whereas damage like that at OKW doesn't stand out as much because of the pickled wood color.

Haven't seen the models in person yet, but judging from Doc's photos, it looks fine to me.

The decor isn't my cup of tea but I can appreciate where the look is coming from......

However, I have to wonder, why all the kitchen cabinets but hardly a draw for clothes???????????

I mean, who actually fills up all those cabinets with food? Every DVC resort we have stayed in lacks space for clothes. I know people have groceries, esp when they have a 1 bdrm and up but I can't imagine anyone fills them.

What members need are more drawers!!! Unless they expect guests to put their clothes in the kitchen cabinets.....:)

Just my opinion,

MsA

When we saw the models on Thursday they said they wouldn't start selling until Sunday. Guess they stepped up their plans.

They can start writing up the contract but they can't be processed or signed until today (Sunday).

I may be the exception, but while I find the room decor in some of the other resorts to be “neat” none of them are totally outstanding. What gets me excited about a resort is the overall “feel” of the resorts and with the limited overall renderings of the public areas at BLT and not knowing what the “flow” is like, it is really hard to know. I stayed at WL this year for the first time and had seen lots of pictures but for me it takes the real “walk around” to get a real feel for a resort and what it does for me.

Also while some things are set at this points DVC still has lots of time to make “adjustments” to the décor so what is in the “display models” may be somewhat different from the final product.

bookwormde

What I like is that each resort is unique in its theming offering different choices for different tastes! :) I haven't been unhappy with a resort yet!

I'm with you. I can appreciate each resort's decor because of the theming the designers are trying to achieve. Would anyone decorate their own home like AKV or VWL? Probably not. Doesn't make the theme/decor less impressive, to me anyway. I'm not "contemporary" in my everyday decorating but from the pics I've seen BLT looks great (the color combos are funky).

Nah, I don't care for the modern look. I don't have that in my home because it doesn't suit my taste. We are warm woods and cozy beach cottage people (read: VWL, BCV, and OKW). Never been a fan of the retro-modern look.

To each is own....To those who love it, I am glad that it is finally a reality! I'm not saying that we would never stay there, the location would be great with the kids...I just don't care for the decor.

Would be interesting to see if people change their minds when they see the real thing vs pictures over the internet. I think it is the type of furnishings and decor that can look cheap in photos but the finish in actuality looks much better.

Although my initial reaction wasn't overly positive, I am looking forward to seeing it in November. We don't make our DVC purchase decision by decor, rather what the resort has to offer and this one has a lot. I remember when we were hesitant to stay at VWL because, being from Canada, the mountain lodge thing is basically "been there, done that". But, as soon as we actually stayed there it was love at first sight from the minute we walked through the doors!

I would guess that some opinions may improve when viewing the actual models.

Picturing...

August 2010... MK facing studio... 1 night...
grab drinks... open the patio door.... turn off all the room lights
and watch Wishes!!! :goodvibes

Get a great night sleep with the images & music from Wishes being replayed in my mind, check out early (sending luggage off to next resort) and hop the monorail to TTC/Epcot for the morning !!!

Who cares what the interior of the room looks like when it's dark? & I certainly couldn't care less what color the bedspreads, walls and carpet are when getting a good night's sleep :rotfl:

I can't recall ever being in someone's home where I thought it was decorated like a hotel room. Bottom line... there are homes and then there are hotel rooms. They are just not the same (nor are they meant to be)

I think the kitchen is nice...I'm more of a classy girl. I like classic over modern.

Is it me? Or, does anyone else think the decor of the new BLT rooms is not impressive? I was actually thinking of doing an add-on here but now I don't think so.:eek:

I'm with ya on that one. It sure isn't my tatste so I would have no interest in staying there, let alone buy there.
:sick:

Well I really like the decor. It is attached to the Contemporary Resort and has that kind of Jetson's modern feel. I really think it's cool. We won't be able to buy there (we're already timeshare poor as it is now), but I sure hope we can get a 7 month ressie at some point. I think it is so cool being so close to the monorail. If we were 30 years younger and didn't already have so many points as it is, I'd buy in a heartbeat.

My initial reaction after seeing the You Tube video and seeing the pictures on the members website was UGLY. But then I watched the Travel Channel's Disney Special and thought it actually wasn't so bad, in fact it was nice. Doc's picture confirms it. We'll be at the World in two weeks, so we'll check out the models and go from there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter