Yup, it's another "What are my chances?"

kristenrice

NOT just an ambulance driver
So if my plan to book a value 2BR for next October is not successful, I will need to use the one-time use points and book at standard 2BR at the 7-month window. Here it comes...will I have a problem booking a dedicated 2BR standard at Kidani village for mid-October at the 7-month window???

I don't think you will have a problem with getting a 2 bedroom unit at that time

At AKV, the value villas go about as quickly as the concierge villas. My guess is the savanna views go next with standard following. But I could be wrong. I don't think you'll have a problem.

Thanks everyone. I kind of suspected we'd be OK but I guess I was looking for reassurance:hug:. Since we're talking October, right in the middle of F&W, I wasn't sure how many standard view rooms there are, particularly at Kidani.

I've invited my sister and her family (DH, DD6 and other DD who will turn 3 the week after we return!) to stay with us so they can squeak in a trip before their youngest turns 3. We have the exact amount of points needed for the value 2BR without having to borrow. When I looked at the difference between a standard and a value, I was suprised to see that it was a mere 10 points over the duration of our stay. At $15/point, paying $150 to upgrade from a value 2BR to a standard 2BR at Kidani seems like a great bargain. OTOH, I don't think I would spend the money to switch from a value 2BR to a standard 2BR at Jambo. They would both be lock-offs and with the value category, we'd still have a 40% chance of a full savanna view.

I have stayed in a value studio and a value 1BR before, as well as a standard 2BR at Kidani. I love the convenience of Jambo, especially the location of the value rooms, but I'd gladly give it up for the increased space at Kidani. I think my youngest niece will like the pool/play area better at Kidani as well. I was originally going to book a lock-off, but now I am not sure. We may want to put all four kids in the second bedroom and lock the door:lmao:. I'm just not sure how my sister and her DH would feel about sleeping on the sleeper sofa. *I* find it very comfortable, but I am already donating my points...I'm sure not giving up my king-size bed:lmao:.

I'll know more in 2 days...:hourglass

Say, how was the Wine & Dine Half Marathon?

FANTASTIC!!:cool1: I loved it so much, I am trying to figure out if I can manage to do it again in 2015. I can't do it next year because our family vacation will be October 19-24...can't really go back the following week:blush:. DH was not as pleased with it. His goal was to run the entire distance (it was his first 1/2 too, and only his second organized race ever!) but he had to stop for a potty break at mile 7. He didn't want to, but he said he had been running in pain for about 2 miles before he couldn't take it anymore:sick:. After that, he basically "gave up" and chalked the entire event up as a failure. He has no desire to try it again. He said he will stick to local races or just go back to running for health and fitness purposes. I made all my goals...I finished (most important), I stayed under 3 hours (2:51:07) and kept my pace under 13:00/mile (12:47!).

Back to my original topic...I went to my sister's house this afternoon and had an epiphany:idea:!

First, a little back-tracking...

Sister's family is her, DH and two daughters. Her older daughter will be 6 when we go and the younger one will turn 3 the week after we return. So, because of their ages, they are looking to do some serious damage at the buffets and AYCE joints. Because of this, they are considering a dining plan. Unfortunately, our children will be 11 and 8 and we do NOT want to eat at a lot of buffets/AYCE because our 11-year old eats like a bird and I'm not inclined to spend $40 for a dinner buffet so she can eat mac n cheese:(. This led me to my great idea...

Since we have 145 points, and they want to do a DP and we don't, we decided to do a SPLIT-STAY:banana:. The revised plan now is to book our first two nights in (2) standard studios at Jambo House and then the last three nights in a standard 2BR at Kidani Village. This will only cost us 141 points:yay:. This way, my sister can add the DxDDP to her studio stay and enjoy essentially three days of character meals and buffets and we can eat as we choose. They can also use all those snack credits (12 of them!) at the F&W kiosks and save even more!

Good idea?? I discussed the details of luggage transfer and grocery storage and they were fine with it. I've done several split stays and find that the advantages far outweigh the disadvantages.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter