Zen And The Art Of PTR Maintenance. Sept 2016 PTR. 16/4 Trip Report Anyone??

That's nuts, I would have been totally freaking out. Thank goodness you landed safely though.

I was petrified! It was so funny though that they wouldn't let anyone out of their seats but it's an eight hour flight! No one was going to stay seated that long! Well unless they wanted a really wet plane :crazy2:

Yikes! Hurricane Lu for sure! :rotfl:;)

I am not a fan of French airport staff :sad2: I think I handled it all really well :rolleyes1

I was freaking out! :rotfl: I kept saying to DM "someone's stolen it! They are going to check into our hotel and drink the mini bar!" And guess someone had stolen it...my butt! :lmao:

Cute photo!

I know that guy photobombing is a hunk! :rotfl:

See I'm clearly missing my true calling!

:hyper:

Oh dear indeed!

Yeah my poor, poor credit card :sad2:

Dang you must know how to shop to get that deal! P.S. love Confessions of a Shopaholic!

Seriously the single best shopping experience of my life! I love it too! People trash it but I love it! Glad someone else does too! ::yes::

Aw what?!

You have eyes right? You want to keep them? Then it stays buried in that dark place things no one should ever see go! :lmao:

Cause there's not golfing everywhere else in the entire world, right?:confused3

I know right? Yeah I'm gonna golf cause there are just soooo many dolphins just hanging around all the time I'm sure I'll catch one sooner or later!

LOVE SLOTHS!

Hands down my favourite animal ever! They are just so chill.

OH MY goodness so cute:cutie::cutie:

He was just such a tiny little tiny I wanted to steal him. But I didn't.

This happened to me when I was first learning on our honeymoon in Jamaica. I just didn't understand why I was taking on water and everyone else was having the best time! :rotfl2:
Oh good it'd not just me! Everyone was like this is so great! I could do this for hours! :confused: No, cause I would legit drown :rotfl2:

This shot is adorable!

Those dolphins are such posers! :rotfl:

::yes::

"
" frameborder="0"

So true :sad2:

Yay, Aulani!! :bounce: We're hoping to get there next Summer for our 10 year anniversary! :hyper:
:hyper: :bday:....there isn't an anniversary one...:rolleyes1

I really like the ME. It's convenient, don't have to wait in the long lines you sometimes see at the rental car counters and it's free!
I am excited to try it. I wish I could have seen the better video before they changed it. Sad times.

I literally say this on a daily basis. ::yes::
1-zoolander-quotes.gif
(And no, there isn't! :lmao:)
What's Marmite? :blush::blush::blush:
Curse of the British! It's a yeast extract spread, doesn't that sound tasty?? :rotfl2: It's like Vegemite in Australia. We eat some weird stuff! They always say you either love it or you hate it!

Agh, you must get this then please!! Lots of people prefer the Dole Whip Floats (never tried) but I just love the whip. Whatever you decide, just please get something!
I promise I will! I'm pretty sound I will be evicted from the DIS if I don't...:rolleyes1

"
" frameborder="0"
I used to LOVE Epcot when I was a kid, then they took away all my favourite things like Horizons, Origional Figment, Food Rocks (which they replaced with that rubbish Circle of Life nonsense!) And Cranial Command so alas it has slipped down my list :sad2:

Yes to both!
:thumbsup2

I just love Epcot because of this. It's definitely an adult park (with some kid aspects thrown in, for sure) but really you can't go wrong with grabbing a cocktail in every country. That's my idea of a fun time. That and you don't have to board a plane and go though Hurricanes to get to other countries right?! ::yes::

Seriously we could be the same person :rotfl:Besides I'm never actually going to go to China...or Japan...or Morroco...But I can still get drunk like I did! :thumbsup2

I used to very much dislike this park. Not sure why. But it has now easily become one of my favorite parks. I think i'm finally seeing all the details that the imagineers put into it and i'm appreciating it now. It's an absolutely gorgeous place!

I think it's one of those places where everything is so spaced out you kind of rush around trying to hit all the big ticket attractions you sorta miss everything into you stop and get the chance to appreciate it all.

Try the bloody mary's if you like em! They make some great ones at AK!

One question: does it have booze in it? ::yes:: Then I like it! :drinking1

YES YES YESSSSSS to all of these options!!! :worship: Not sure why they couldn't play off of movies they had in the 'vault'. But it will be interesting to see what they do:thumbsup2

I mean the artwork looks amazin but still....Avatar??:confused3

Perfect. Their Grapefruit Cake is everything. I know, it doesn't have chocolate, but i'll take this as a temporary replacement.

Ok...if you say so....:rotfl:

Stop I think you look great!
Aw you are too blind- I mean kind!:lmao:

How in the world has DM never seen ET?!

I honestly do not know! I only just managed to get her to watch Grease last year! :faint:

:laughing: I rode it at Universal Hollywood back in 2008 and thought the same thign!

:crazy2: uh and that cotton candy smell still haunts me..

Stop. Just. Stop.....

:sad::sad1::sad2:

I'm sorry! I tried I really did! Are we still friends? :flower3:

It's Slytherin :snooty::snooty::snooty:

;)

Good to know!

I'm very willing to give it a shot but I can already foresee us not being US people either.

Maybe if I had never been to Disney I might have liked it more it just felt...lacking somehow. But I know everyone says they did an amazing job with the HP stuff so maybe if I was into that it would have been better!

You did not just GIF 'It Take Two'!!!! :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl: I totally forgot about that movie. That was the ish back in the day!
:thumbsup2 I loved the Olsen twins growing up! I might even own a movie or two...:rolleyes1....and the entire collection of Full House!

Just skipping this part :rotfl2:

Are you saying you didn't have a phase of eating glass? Well who's the weirdo now! :rotfl:

I used to all the time! And now that I have a kid, i'm lucky if I can get half a leg shaved.

:scratchin Hmmmm....I don't have a kid and this is pretty accurate for me too! :lmao:

Super cute and fun!

See I told you I didn't grow out of it!

Woot woot! :dancer:

:dogdance:
Wow, extremely jealous. But awesome!!!
It is a bonus of living so close to Europe. I know I shouldn't say this but.......PIZZA and HOT ITALIAN MEN!! :banana::rotfl:

He's quite the character that's for sure! And just so you know, we got engaged back in 2013 sooo.....yeah.

Well darn! :worried:

Oh DBF?! Should I casually send him an email with a direct link to your Number 8?? :scratchin

I may have casually mentioned that we could have Mickey and Minnie at our wedding...he was not swayed :sad2:

Same here. And if I can only survive on these items without developing diabetes or becoming obese, that'd be cool too :thumbsup2

Yeah I second that! Skipping diabetes and obesity would be good!

HOLY MOLY CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! :cheer2:party::jumping1::cool1:

That's great i'm so happy for you! Sooo....this Disney Wedding is happening yes??!

:thanks: I am working on it! ;)

Uh, don't be sorry this is something that needed to be told, hello!! But where's the deets at??? Or is that personal :blush: Either way, i'm very happy for you and can't wait to hear your plans for the wedding :goodvibes

I did post our (uber :rotfl:) romantic proposal story somewhere on here! Basically he was planning to propose in Italy (that's were we went on holiday together for the first time) but then during a lively discussion (argument :lmao:) he blurted out that I was ridiculous and he would just have to marry me! :rotfl2: Well of course! I was in my PJs eating my breakfast in my kitchen...not quite how I pictured it! But so perfectly us! :rotfl:

Great plans so far. I'm so envious of how long you will get to be in the Disney bubble!!! You will know every corner of the place!!!

Great plans so far. I'm so envious of how long you will get to be in the Disney bubble!!! You will know every corner of the place!!!

:thanks: It's super hard not to get too carried away planning when it's still like a year and five months away! I am a super duper impatient person so this is killing me!

Neither of us really like to fly so we tend to go longer and less frequently, I do wish I lived in the same country at least then I could drive instead! :car:

:rotfl: I wish! I've been longer before and thought I knew everything, man oh man was I wrong! :lmao: I'm gonna try though! :thumbsup2

So DBF...wait no its DF now...can't get used to that...started with a new law firm at the end of last year.

Yet another similarity with Bridget Jones - he's serious and a lawyer. Do you call them barristers or did TV fool me? So my boys love English accents and they are very interested in the different words for things. Just this morning Sammy was telling me that sweaters are jumpers. :laughing:

EVERYTHING IS NOW BOOKED!!!!!! :hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper:

Yay! How exciting. :cheer2: Your trip sounds amazing.

Now I have never seen the welcome show before, mostly cause I never drag myself out of bed in time! Its a good job we go for longer as we are so not rope drop people

We never went to the welcome show either. I firmly believe that vacation is for sleeping in. I made an exception for our most recent trip and we were up and out early most days. Even so I missed the welcome show and it was wrapping up as we were getting off the bus. At least you have about a month to make it. :thumbsup2

As far as ADR's I'm thinking I will try for BOG for dinner (Ballroom preferably. I like to actually see what I'm getting!)

Can you choose the room when you get an ADR for dinner?

This is pretty much the only ADR in MK I am thinking of right now. I just don't really like any of the other table service restaurants there :confused3

I'm with you there. I liked the sound of Liberty Tree Tavern but only for lunch. I heard the Plaza is a nice low cost option but I wouldn't expect much food wise.

Yet another similarity with Bridget Jones - he's serious and a lawyer. Do you call them barristers or did TV fool me? So my boys love English accents and they are very interested in the different words for things. Just this morning Sammy was telling me that sweaters are jumpers. :laughing:
See I told you it was the perfect comparison! :rotfl:No TV didn't fool you (as if it would do that! :happytv:) They are indeed barristers, not to be confused with baristas sounds so similar but say "I hear you are barista" to a barrister and all hell breaks loose! I know I did it! :lmao: He does make a mean coffee though! :thumbsup2
It is hilarious just how many things are different in England and America. Chips are fries to us, chips to you are crisps to us! A trunk to you is a boot to us. Restroom to you is a loo to us. Bumbag to us is fanny pack to you (I'm not going to comment on what fanny means to us :rolleyes1) One shared language! So many different meanings!

Yay! How exciting. :cheer2: Your trip sounds amazing.

:cheer2: It's so far away still but I am so excited!!

We never went to the welcome show either. I firmly believe that vacation is for sleeping in. I made an exception for our most recent trip and we were up and out early most days. Even so I missed the welcome show and it was wrapping up as we were getting off the bus. At least you have about a month to make it. :thumbsup2

Technically I've had like 20 years to make it :rolleyes1 I don't know why they have to make morning so darn early :confused3 couldn't they just wait till later in the day! :rotfl:

Can you choose the room when you get an ADR for dinner?

I don't think so but hey it's never stopped me before! :lmao:

I'm with you there. I liked the sound of Liberty Tree Tavern but only for lunch. I heard the Plaza is a nice low cost option but I wouldn't expect much food wise.

I did look at these (I could pretty much quote you ever menu in Disney :rotfl:) But neither really appealed so I think I will keep the credits for something else...Beaches and Cream perhaps?? :banana:

I hear you. I thought those were the best sounding if you stuck to MK but I would rather make plans elsewhere. We really enjoyed Beaches and Cream. :thumbsup2

Ice cream! :hyper: Also I have just caught up on you TR (you kept sneaking updates in on me!:tiptoe:) and I was part way through replying when the DIS kicked me out and my internet crashed :sad2: So I will endeavour to get it back up and post it! I'm loving it so far! Your boys on the mine train were just adorable! :rotfl:

Ice cream! :hyper: Also I have just caught up on you TR (you kept sneaking updates in on me!:tiptoe:) and I was part way through replying when the DIS kicked me out and my internet crashed :sad2: So I will endeavour to get it back up and post it! I'm loving it so far! Your boys on the mine train were just adorable! :rotfl:

Don't worry about it. I guess my TR is hard to get into. :rotfl:

So DBF...wait no its DF now...can't get used to that...started with a new law firm at the end of last year. They have offices in London, Manchester and Newcastle (which is where we live) and at the beginning of the year his boss mentioned that he might want DF to be involved in some cases in the London office. So flash forward to April and he gets a phone call from said boss telling him he is needed in London. Ok. Not an issue. So off he pops to London for two weeks. He gets home and tells me that actually now he is going to have to be in London for most of May and part of June :scared1:

Hang in there! I know its hard but its temporary! :)

So this week was the start of his time in London so as a good fiancée I decided to go with him to settle him in to his new apartment. It had nothing to down with the fact I could go shopping on Oxford Street...Nothing at all...
Everything was really nice and we had a great time. Until it came time for him to drop me off at the train station and it hit me that I wasn't going to see him for at least a month and after that maybe only for a weekend or two.

Such a good fiancee you are (it took me a really long time to get used to this too, it actually caused a fight!):lovestruc

The good thing about DF not being here is I can DIS when whenever and for as long as I want (OkAy that sounded dirty...)

:rotfl2:

Now I have never seen the welcome show before, mostly cause I never drag myself out of bed in time! Its a good job we go for longer as we are so not rope drop people :lmao:
So the plan is to hit rope drop. It's the most likely day we could do it as we will only be one stop on the Monorail so we don't actually have to get up quite as early! :thumbsup2 :rotfl:

Make it to the welcome show at least once, i dragged my DH a few years ago, and he was talking it up this trip! I take that as a sign its a fun thing to do, at least once!:bounce:

I know the trip seems far away it always does, but it will be her before you know it, and you are going to be there for such a good chunk of time! :cheer2:

Joining in!! We are going sometime between end of September and first week of November in 2016! Maybe we can help you get that Dismeet off your bucket list!!

Hang in there! I know its hard but its temporary! :)

I know it's just not the best timing ever but what can you do? :confused3

Such a good fiancee you are (it took me a really long time to get used to this too, it actually caused a fight!):lovestruc

Well I try...honestly it had nothing to do with the fact that I got to go shopping on Oxford Street...:rolleyes1...nothing at all! Oh dear caused a fight!:eek: Good job you made up :thumbsup2

My mind lives permanently in the gutter ::yes::

Make it to the welcome show at least once, i dragged my DH a few years ago, and he was talking it up this trip! I take that as a sign its a fun thing to do, at least once!:bounce:

I really do want to see it at least once, and I really want to see the Kiss Goodnight...Maybe I should just camp outside the Magic Kingdom and do both! :rotfl:
I know the trip seems far away it always does, but it will be her before you know it, and you are going to be there for such a good chunk of time! :cheer2:

I am just the MOST impatient person ever! :rotfl: I was born three weeks early cause I was too impatient to wait to be born! :lmao:

Joining in!! We are going sometime between end of September and first week of November in 2016! Maybe we can help you get that Dismeet off your bucket list!!

:welcome: So excited to have another 2016 planner along for the ride! :jumping1: We can get crazy impatient together! :rotfl:

:welcome: So excited to have another 2016 planner along for the ride! :jumping1: We can get crazy impatient together! :rotfl:

The lady I'm planning with I mention in my PTR has been super busy with her sons wedding and now work. I told her just a bit ago maybe getting back into the dis was a bad idea for me. It's gotten my planning bug going a bit haywire!

So this weekend wasn't the greatest.

On Saturday one of my fur babies, Tazer, passed away from cancer. He was 10 which is a good age for a Rottie and with his diagnosis it wasn't a total surprise but it was still so so heartbreaking.

IMG_0003.JPG

He was such a sweet dude and I already really miss him.

IMG_0974.JPG

He was Disney fan too!

Rest in peace Mr T.

On Saturday one of my fur babies, Tazer, passed away from cancer. He was 10 which is a good age for a Rottie and with his diagnosis it wasn't a total surprise but it was still so so heartbreaking.

Oh, Lyndsay. So sorry for your loss. Losing a pet is always difficult. :hug:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter