‘Tiana’s Bayou Adventure’ to Open in Late 2024, Replacing Splash Mountain

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, all you clever people, what is to become of BTMRR? I mean, with all the retro-fitting of Disney IP...how will they reimagine BTMRR?

And, what about the Golden Horse Shoe or Country Bear Jamboree...will they retheme these to fit with TBA and expand the NOLA themeing?
That's ... TBA (sorry, couldn't help it) 🤣

Imagineering Begins Testing Faux Foliage for Tiana’s Bayou Adventure Ahead of Magic Kingdom Installation

The leaves, as you can see in our photos below, are diverse in shape and color, but appear to be for the new ride. There is nothing else that has been announced for Magic Kingdom that would require such a test by Imagineers. In fact, if you look close enough, you might even be able to spot what appears to be foliage for a magnolia – a classic southern tree that we would expect to see in a ride that is promising to be as authentic to Louisiana as possible. Imagineers are likely testing how the material will weather in the Florida climate.

magic-kingdom-imagineering-laydown-foliage-test-1.jpg

magic-kingdom-imagineering-laydown-foliage-test-2.jpg

magic-kingdom-imagineering-laydown-foliage-test-4.jpg

Imagineering Begins Testing Faux Foliage for Tiana’s Bayou Adventure Ahead of Magic Kingdom Installation

The leaves, as you can see in our photos below, are diverse in shape and color, but appear to be for the new ride. There is nothing else that has been announced for Magic Kingdom that would require such a test by Imagineers. In fact, if you look close enough, you might even be able to spot what appears to be foliage for a magnolia – a classic southern tree that we would expect to see in a ride that is promising to be as authentic to Louisiana as possible. Imagineers are likely testing how the material will weather in the Florida climate.

magic-kingdom-imagineering-laydown-foliage-test-1.jpg

magic-kingdom-imagineering-laydown-foliage-test-2.jpg

magic-kingdom-imagineering-laydown-foliage-test-4.jpg
That could just as easily be for the Halloween party.

Have they already announced a closing date? Is there any chance this ride is still open in December for our trip? I'm guessing we are out of luck...

Have they already announced a closing date? Is there any chance this ride is still open in December for our trip? I'm guessing we are out of luck...
I'm gonna bet the next time they close it for refurb (generally over the winter months) will be the end of the Song of the South theme. That'll give them a little over a year to hit the deadline.

I believe the next announcement related to Tiana is early September. For it to remain open thru December after that, your odds are low but not definite. They may run Splash till the usual Winter refurb timing.

I'm gonna bet the next time they close it for refurb (generally over the winter months) will be the end of the Song of the South theme. That'll give them a little over a year to hit the deadline.
Oh I hope you are right! We would just squeeze in our trip before the closure.

And I agree with another PP that I hope they don't just throw a bunch of screens in there. I'm okay with a new theme but they should do it right and not rushed/cheap.

Oh I hope you are right! We would just squeeze in our trip before the closure.

And I agree with another PP that I hope they don't just throw a bunch of screens in there. I'm okay with a new theme but they should do it right and not rushed/cheap.
It would be ridiculous to turn it into a screen based attraction. The infrastructure is there. I would say the likelihood is that it will probably be a hybrid, not to far off from Frozen Ever After. That's probably the best way to do the moon and the fireflies. I'll remain optimistic for the look and feel of the attraction.

It was bare bones on our last visit in March the original Splash is toast. No zippy de do da…nothing.

It would be ridiculous to turn it into a screen based attraction. The infrastructure is there. I would say the likelihood is that it will probably be a hybrid, not to far off from Frozen Ever After. That's probably the best way to do the moon and the fireflies. I'll remain optimistic for the look and feel of the attraction.
I agree. I can't see them turning it into a screen based attraction if it's going to be closed for almost 2 years.

I guess hybrid is what I meant. I don't care for the Frozen "screen" stuff in FEA. I'd prefer real animatronics and landscape like Splash has now.

I guess hybrid is what I meant. I don't care for the Frozen "screen" stuff in FEA. I'd prefer real animatronics and landscape like Splash has now.
Just my gut opinion ....

When they built FEA it was a knee jerk reaction to get the families to go to EPCOT who saw no need. They put Anna & Elsa meet there and it was so popular and helped them get some families. That ride needed a full gut and therefore I think all the budget was going to handle was what they did.

SM is already built out in a way that works for the new theme and I think they could keep much of the structure and backgrounds. They could create a dimensional ride with what is there and adding a few layers in front of it. Perhaps the use of some screens in the darker areas much like Navi River would work.

Yeah, going to bet it closes after the holiday crowds/early January....will give it one "last ride" in August. Just wish it weren't in such a bad state of repair. And I also hope they bring some New Orleans inspired food offerings to WDW!

Just wish it weren't in such a bad state of repair.
😕

Splash Mountain Log Sinks Yet Again at Walt Disney World

As we approach the end of Splash Mountain at Walt Disney World, egregious failures in maintenance continue to come to light as for the third time in nearly two years, a log with guests aboard has sunk in the ride.

SplashMountainLogSinks2022_3.jpg

The video, shared by Ted Klein on Facebook, shows guests both still in the log and in the flume surrounding it, attempting to evacuate their fellow riders. The action took place near the attraction’s end, next to where Br’er Fox’s tail is being pulled on by Br’er Gator.

😕

As we approach the end of Splash Mountain at Walt Disney World, egregious failures in maintenance continue to come to light as for the third time in nearly two years, a log with guests aboard has sunk in the ride.

The video, shared by Ted Klein on Facebook, shows guests both still in the log and in the flume surrounding it, attempting to evacuate their fellow riders. The action took place near the attraction’s end, next to where Br’er Fox’s tail is being pulled on by Br’er Gator.
Don't have this on my evac bucket list but then again ..... :crazy:

😕

Well that's something they can talk about the rest of their lives!

Why do I secretly wish this happens to us? LOL Quite the memory

Dan

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter