‘Tiana’s Bayou Adventure’ to Open in Late 2024, Replacing Splash Mountain

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had Splash break down on me back in the 90's. The log stopped, and we got to hear repeated recordings of "Looks like Brer Fox and Brer Bear are causing some trouble downstream." My brother videoed me pretending to be all freaked out over it. Didn't get an in-show exit, though.

Tiana’s Bayou Adventure Preview Coming to D23 Expo 2022

D23 just announced that Disney Parks will host the Wonderful World of Dreams pavilion at this year’s expo. The pavilion will have “behind-the-scenes glimpses” of several upcoming Disney Parks experiences, including Tiana’s Bayou Adventure.

Tiana's Bayou Adventure concept art

The new attraction featuring Princess Tiana from “The Princess and the Frog” will replace Splash Mountain at both Walt Disney World and Disneyland in 2024.

The story of the ride is that Tiana, with Naveen and Louis, sets off on a journey to host a unique Mardi Gras party. Guests will be “active participants” in the ride and it will end with the “ultimate Mardi Gras party.”

Still not excited that Disney still prefers exclusion over inclusion. They would rather tear down or replace than build better attractions and-messaging....not to mention ignoring the theming and storytelling. My thoughts.

This makes me even more excited for the transformation. I love this artist's style, and it seems to jive perfectly with the style of the movie.
Me too! I've hunted down her website and going shopping!!! Hopefully they will sell some Tiana themed work at the parks.

Why couldn't Disney just name this retheme "Louis' Big Bayou Splash" and have it more centered on Louis the Alligator's journey to a Mardi Gras party instead of focusing on a "Disney Princess" like Tiana? I wouldn't have mind the retheme if it was like that, but no. Disney had to go with Tiana as the main character!

Why couldn't Disney just name this retheme "Louis' Big Bayou Splash" and have it more centered on Louis the Alligator's journey to a Mardi Gras party instead of focusing on a "Disney Princess" like Tiana? I wouldn't have mind the retheme if it was like that, but no. Disney had to go with Tiana as the main character!

Because Tiana is the star of the movie.

Just back from a trip. Haven't been on Splash Mountain for nearly 20 years. It is a wonderful ride - a great length, atmospheric and a brilliant drop. One of the very best Disney has ever made. But I have to admit, having done lots of other more modern rides, I think it does need an update. It is the jewel in the crown and deserves a remake given it has been around nearly 35 years. Whether or not you think that should be Tiana is obviously a matter of taste. I think that fits perfectly and will be brilliant. But I am glad they are not just leaving it.

Plenty of boys and men relate just fine to Disney princesses. You alone do not speak for all genders. Stop thinking this is anyone else's issue but your own.

I certainly enjoy all the Disney princess stuff - more than my wife! Besides, the Tiana adventure is not the typical Disney princess of old - it is the sort of adventure which I think has wide appeal.

I don't think you will find much support here. I think everyone, even if they will miss SM, believes that Disney is moving forward with the retheme of SM to Tiana's Adventure. I only hope that D23 makes a clear and solid presentation with a timeline of closure so that those holding on hope can let go and move on.

Maybe they can retheme Splash Mountain, if "Tiana" ends up being a totally new/original ride,

to be "inspired by"/"loosely based on" the Br'er Rabbit stories, basically with the characters not being based off of African-Americans?
They already have a new theme, it is a perfect fit for the structure, it's an IP grossly underused and it will be a very popular ride ~ probably way more than it is now. I anticipate ILL and long lines.

We could get in to why the second part of what you say is not possible but ... I don't think you want to listen.

…then why are some of Splash Mountain's songs still playing at Magic Kingdom's entrance?
https://blogmickey.com/2022/08/spla...after-being-removed-from-disneyland-entrance/
Just because the ride will be rethemed doesn't mean it never existed. There are some nods to past attractions in different places. Mr. Toad is in Pooh, the Nautilus is engraved in the stone at Ariel's. The music is a catchy tune, and what is playing has no lyrics. I'm sure at some point it will disappear with a new tract being created - but for now this is literally grasping at nothing. I guess it was a slow news day for Blog Mickey - he put too much effort in to a "nothing burger".

I can't BELIEVE all of you support this "girly-fying" revamp of Splash Mountain instead of trying to speak out and save it! It’s disheartening to me. Don’t reminisce!
That’s why I don’t want a Princess to take over a ride that appeals to all genders.

Are you more upset about a ride being themed to a Princess ~ honestly as @DisneyOma said Tiana is "more like a motivated, self-made young woman" which should be a role model to anyone out there trying to build a future ~ or are you upset that you are losing the Br'er stories? I guess it could be both but again.

I did ask my adult sons what they thought about the change, the "girly" part. One just loves the boat ride and the splash fun and I'm sure that will be most kids. He also really likes Princess and the Frog. The other is VERY happy about the change. As a history teacher he's been hoping Disney would retheme it and couldn't be happier with the Princess they chose. Considers the change to be a huge upgrade. This will appeal to EVERYONE, all genders.

If the Princess aspect is upsetting, then just don't ride it. There are attractions I don't go on for various reasons, that I wish got a retheme to something I'd like better. But alas there is plenty for me to do so I just move on.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter