“Mom, it’s the plague and on my Birthday!” 11/21-11/27/17 trip. Complete 2/26. New TR link!

11/22/17. Wednesday
Day 2, Part 1. DS and Mori”yummy”moto!

Hello Everyone,

When I left off, we were waiting on big blue. Andi was able to switch our Morimoto lunch from 2:30 to 11:30 so we could sleep in some instead of heading to MK at RD. I did sleep fairly well and our room at FQ was nice and quiet.

I did go and talk to the manager this morning to let him know we had to change our plans because of the late night and would be missing out on a morning at MK. He was nice and knew about our luggage debacle :scared1:. He offered us three anytime FP to use at MK and he loaded the FP’s on my MDE so that was nice. This gave us 6 FP for MK today.

At 10:00, we were heading to DS on the boat. This ride is so relaxing and Christmas Carol’s were playing on the boat. We arrived at shop opening so it was not to busy yet. The WOD was calling our name along with Sephora and Uniqlo. We mostly window shopped until our lunch time at Morimoto. They didn’t start seating until right at 11:30 but we were called very soon after this.
D833A1FE-677C-4ACE-8BA8-E1F63BB7CAEF.jpeg 164BE03B-E6C8-422A-8992-1A8C716E5F61.jpeg

Guess what! We had a nice little booth, no tiny, awkward table for us today! Our waitress was very nice and I enjoyed the atmosphere very much.
26FDD419-175D-427D-BCC1-184B520A514C.jpeg 4751478F-5801-457C-8E02-6CA37A355A9B.jpeg AD47F0C3-9898-4387-BABA-274A37DFD6F6.jpeg

We decided to try several different items, we started with the pork egg roll and the spare ribs. Both of these were delicious. The egg rolls were very fresh tasting and fried perfectly. The spare ribs were so good. Fall off the bone with an awesome taste. A little sticky but in a good way. I would get both of these again. The next up was the shrimp tempura Sushi. This was just okay, which surprised me because I figured the sushi would be out of this world. The rice was mushy and the texture was off some. I have had much better.
18A5E1F0-370D-4C0B-A17D-4E82C5E28683.jpeg 67C05B1C-0546-4CBF-A3B0-CD86FEC76285.jpeg DC327778-BEF5-4521-BB7A-F4CD89C1177F.jpeg B77627F5-0B2F-4174-A4E6-3497DBFDB89D.jpeg

Our final choice was the Orange Chicken, this was delicious, the orange sauce was so good, very fresh tasting and the chicken was cooked perfectly. I would definitely give this two thumbs up and would love to go back.
E336BF5B-7BD4-486F-9FFF-49A71319B78E.jpeg

We headed back to FQ for some cake and relaxation. My thoughts of our room at FQ, it was a little dated and worn but clean with a great shower and the beds were decent. It sure is small compared to the Poly room we had in August but overall, I was happy with it and would definitely recommend this place. The convenience to DS is really a plus!

Stay tuned for Part 2, an evening at MK with 6 FP’s!

I am fearful to use ME luggage delivery now, one other time it took a really long time to get our suitcases but they at least knew where they were.

Pizza for breakfast on vacation is A ok in my book.

Thanks for reading along

really makes me just want to carry on now, I've kicked around checking one bag and carrying on the rest to leave with bell services if our room isn't ready.

Awesome about the extra FP's!
Morimoto is somewhere I kind of want to try but haven't made it to yet. Your meal looks good ( minus the sushi since I don't do seafood) so I'm sure we'll get there someday :)

You all were really close to our room at FQ, did you all like it?
The Disney gift was really nice
Each trip, unfortunately, I see more grumpy CM’s.
I’m sorry you didn’t enjoy the tree trail at DS. The night we were there it was quiet and the trees with the fake snow put me in a Christmas mood.
I loved the DS boat transportation back and forth from FQ, so calming.

We liked POFQ well enough for our short stay and I do love the boat to DS. I do prefer the peacefulness of PORS.
Your Morimoto meal looks great.

That's great that the manager gave you extra FPs for the inconvenience!

Sounds like a nice time at Disney Springs and a nice meal!
It was so nice to have the extra FP as you will see coming up.
We spent more time at DS this trip because of the boats from FQ so nice!

Awesome about the extra FP's!
Morimoto is somewhere I kind of want to try but haven't made it to yet. Your meal looks good ( minus the sushi since I don't do seafood) so I'm sure we'll get there someday :)
The extra FP was awesome!
Morimoto was very good and many different menu items so I bet you would find something delicious!

Awesome! And so he should have!

Your luck at Morimoto looked really tasty!! Especially those spare ribs and the orange chicken.
I usually don’t like to complain but we are usually rope droppers so I knew we would be missing out because the afternoon would be busy at MK!
We really did enjoy our lunch.

We liked POFQ well enough for our short stay and I do love the boat to DS. I do prefer the peacefulness of PORS.
Your Morimoto meal looks great.
I agree the boats to DS are so nice! There are so many nice places to eat over in DS so this a plus also! I would definitely recommend Morimoto.

Hello Everyone,

I hope everyone has a wonderful, happy, and joyous Christmas! We are suppose to have the coldest Christmas in 25 years, yikes!! It is going to be 20 below zero with the windchill. This is stupid cold!! I am not looking forward to that. The plus is the sun will be out:rotfl2:

I wanted to show some pictures of POFQ for you all. It is hard to fit everything in the posts because of the 10 picture limit.

So enjoy some pictures of the resort!

F5EF0C2A-2F16-4FD9-B5E6-AC80074FD6F2.jpeg 411D8724-531D-4C54-877C-0ABF5F156093.jpeg 54D3A277-5337-4058-8566-622675C99F29.jpeg 9457B22A-FCE4-43AC-9FF0-1A2F0953E8E3.jpeg A5FBA10E-235A-4E1C-B55D-16C4C0ADAF46.jpeg DB697A46-2B21-42F3-8321-6891313FCD45.jpeg 5A44B458-C3FC-4258-93BF-DA7DBE6603B1.jpeg CE02B539-C46F-4490-B89C-1F8770C4C67F.jpeg 85DBE0D4-4D0A-47F9-BBAD-2504C0857E56.jpeg CB92D20A-67AC-445E-A7D1-323CE7AC5966.jpeg

I will be back soon with Day 2 Part 2, an evening in MK.

I am all caught up now! Great start!
That sucks your luggage came so late but that's nice they rectified it with the free FPs.
Love your lunch at Morimoto! We ate there twice this year and we enjoyed it. Last week we went for the omakase meal and it was delicious. I agree it is by far not the best sushi (although the ones in the omakase were better) so I definitely would stick with the other fusion style dishes. I can't help it though as sometimes I really just want some sushi since I like it so much and there seems to be a dearth of it at Disney.

Beautiful pics of POFQ. We stopped by this past weekend so that I could get some beignets - although they are different from what I remembered them to be (they seemed more dense on this trip, when I had them before they were lighter and pillow-y).

Looking forward to more!

If I knew how to pack efficiently, I would only do carry-on! I always overpack.

we went to Phoenix last may and could only carry on, and I did really good, I over packed us all BUT I also knew we had a washer/dryer lol. It also helped that I knew I was packing for HOT, the weather at Disney in Feb seems to be all over the place so I really don't know what to even think about packing yet.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter