“Pixie Dust” with online check-in?

Alabama Minnie

DIS Veteran
Anyone ever get an upgrade after doing online check in? In all our years of visits we have been lucky enough to get 2 upgrades but online checki-in wasn’t an option then. Just a nice surprise when we got there.

Whether you do online check in or not has zero affect on possibly getting an upgrade.
I've never personally been upgraded before, but I occasionally see stories about people being upgraded to better resorts and the such. If you were to do online check in, how do they inform you that you've been upgraded? would the reservation simply show up as a different resort?

I've never personally been upgraded before, but I occasionally see stories about people being upgraded to better resorts and the such. If you were to do online check in, how do they inform you that you've been upgraded? would the reservation simply show up as a different resort?
Possibly, but most likely you will get a message to stop by the front desk and then you would be informed.

Both times for us it was an upgrade to club-level at the same resort. The room I booked shows up in my plans now. Guess I will see what happens after I do online. 🤞

I’ve been pixie dusted, and I always do online check-in. Reg CL room at BWI to 2-bedroom CL. 1-bedroom at Riviera to 2-bedroom. Reg CL room to Garden Cottage CL at BWI, which was just my son and me, so not ideal. During Covid 2 or 3 times we were given 2-bedroom at BCV when I had booked studio or 1-bedroom. Regular CL room at BWI to Deluxe room, which I didn’t know was an upgrade. It was one of the third floor ones near the stairs. I thought they were just being nice and giving us a room with more space. It wasn’t until a few years later that I had booked Deluxe when I realized what had happened.

Did online check in and got bumped from standard to preferred at CBR. It showed up when I logged into the app to see the room assignment.

I always do online check in and have been pixie dusted several times.

FWIW I also never put in specific room requests, just the general ones in online check in menu.

I did online check-in and got a preferred room at AS Sports. Don’t know if it was intentional pixie dust but it felt special for me (and I loved saving all those steps).

I think my main takeaway from this thread is to find whoever the room assignor has been on @SkyGuy’s trips and stay wherever they are working. 😂
😂 We’ve been lucky. The Riviera was a one-night stay, so the room was kind of wasted, but I’ve been chasing that high since. I don’t think I’d ever pay out of pocket for a 2-bed at Riv! The BWI 2-bed was a week, but every time we left the room we felt guilty for not staying in it more. There were just two of us, so it felt cavernous, and we didn’t really spend time together while in the room. The Garden Cottage was a weekend trip to do the 6:30am early open for HS when Galaxy’s Edge was new. I was annoyed by that one because I was with my 19yo son with a king bed and a non-pull out couch, and I didn’t want to have to walk outside for CL. I asked for my regular cl room, and they said they didn’t have it. The BCV 2-bed upgrades were during full-on Covid, masking every time you left your room. The place was a ghost-town, so I’m not really sure that was too special.

Anyone ever get an upgrade after doing online check in? In all our years of visits we have been lucky enough to get 2 upgrades but online checki-in wasn’t an option then. Just a nice surprise when we got there.
The quick answer is yes - you can get a pixie dust upgrade when using online check in. Lots of people have gotten them, including us. :)

I hear of it happening all the time. I've personally never gotten an upgrade in 15+ visits but I also never win anything that's lottery-like in nature.

I hear of it happening all the time. I've personally never gotten an upgrade in 15+ visits but I also never win anything that's lottery-like in nature.
I go 1-2 times a year and never get upgraded either. Tons of friends/clients have gotten upgrades because it's their first visit so I think we are at a disadvantage the more we go.

I go 1-2 times a year and never get upgraded either. Tons of friends/clients have gotten upgrades because it's their first visit so I think we are at a disadvantage the more we go.
I think this is true. When we were going several times a year I NEVER got a “pin-code” but after missing a couple of years I got a “Return to the Magic” code, which we are using on this trip. Saving almost $300 a night on a deluxe. Probably will be another 10 years before I get another one.

I think this is true. When we were going several times a year I NEVER got a “pin-code” but after missing a couple of years I got a “Return to the Magic” code, which we are using on this trip. Saving almost $300 a night on a deluxe. Probably will be another 10 years before I get another one.
Just out of curiosity, did you get it in the mail or an email?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter