•The Official COPPER CREEK VILLAS & CABINS Owners & Lovers Group•

No problem! Just did a search on Youtube! We literally look on YouTube for any new resort stay! I like to know everything! LOL

Omg, I am totally the same way. I love YouTube and watch it almost every day for everything under the sun!

:welcome:Welcome to the thread! We are also planning our trip for that week. I just realized my dates aren't posted so I must not have added them yet! We will be "home" at CCV from Sept 9-14, 2018. Can't wait to make our first booking next week.

Added your dates to page 1!!

Omg, I am totally the same way. I love YouTube and watch it almost every day for everything under the sun!

LOL!! It really is great, so helpful when you want to know what something is like!! Resorts, restaurants, new rides, etc! I definitely recommend people check there when you can’t find pictures!

Our guide was good - very friendly and always followed up. Answered each and every question and called me back immediately every time. However, I felt a couple things were left out that I found out through these boards that I had to ask about. That was frustrating, but don't think it was done intentionally.

That was very much our experience. I almost knew too much going in, so I didn't have any real questions. I did have him go over everything for my husband as he isn't as into researching this sort of thing as I am. I will also say he has been very responsive and helpful since we purchased. I have no delusion that he just wants to chat (I am sure he hopes we will add more points), but I appreciate what he has done to make things easy for us. We had a very pleasant purchase experience and he facilitated a number of things for us to make our tour/purchase and return to the parks better. He also assisted us when we had questions about timelines due to the hurricane.

We actually switched guides at the time of purchase. The guide we spoke to on the phone gave us incorrect information. I guess the point I am trying to make is that a good guide seems to be worth it even if you have to switch!

Glad to hear you had a relatively good experience with your guide. It's probably hard for them to cover every all the details without prompted questions by the buyer. I hardly got any information at all from my guide since I had already scoured the forums for all the what/when/how's before I finally talked to my guide on the phone. Maybe phone conversations is how the guides prefer to communicate, but it's so much easier for me to email since I'm not readily available to talk on the phone during the day. Oh well, it's all over with now anyways.

It's so hard to wait until January to make my first reservation! I keep thinking maybe we should do a trip earlier in the year just so I can book/plan ASAP, but I'm really looking forward to see all the Christmas decorations for the first time. That's me, though...not an ounce of patience in my body!

My understanding is that they only use email to share documents and won't use it to communicate. I assume because what they say would be in writing. I think that came into play for us as if they guide had written what he told me on the phone, we might have been able to get them to agree to honor it. As it was, they didn't. That being said, I was honestly ok with buying more points.

I'm really wondering if I should call the sales rep to change the UY. The problem is that July would most likely be the best month for us, so we probably wouldn't get the 2016 points anyhow. Also, from looking at current availability, I'm not sure we could use 2016 points at the moment (our schedule is a little awkward this year because DS just started college and we're trying to find times we can all meet in FL).

Thoughts?

I think it is worth it to call. As stated previously, it wouldn't get you 2016 points, but if it fits your travel pattern it is worth the call!

Glad to hear you had a relatively good experience with your guide. It's probably hard for them to cover every all the details without prompted questions by the buyer. I hardly got any information at all from my guide since I had already scoured the forums for all the what/when/how's before I finally talked to my guide on the phone. Maybe phone conversations is how the guides prefer to communicate, but it's so much easier for me to email since I'm not readily available to talk on the phone during the day. Oh well, it's all over with now anyways.

It's so hard to wait until January to make my first reservation! I keep thinking maybe we should do a trip earlier in the year just so I can book/plan ASAP, but I'm really looking forward to see all the Christmas decorations for the first time. That's me, though...not an ounce of patience in my body!

That was very much our experience. I almost knew too much going in, so I didn't have any real questions. I did have him go over everything for my husband as he isn't as into researching this sort of thing as I am. I will also say he has been very responsive and helpful since we purchased. I have no delusion that he just wants to chat (I am sure he hopes we will add more points), but I appreciate what he has done to make things easy for us. We had a very pleasant purchase experience and he facilitated a number of things for us to make our tour/purchase and return to the parks better. He also assisted us when we had questions about timelines due to the hurricane.

My understanding is that they only use email to share documents and won't use it to communicate. I assume because what they say would be in writing. I think that came into play for us as if they guide had written what he told me on the phone, we might have been able to get them to agree to honor it. As it was, they didn't. That being said, I was honestly ok with buying more points.

I think it is worth it to call. As stated previously, it wouldn't get you 2016 points, but if it fits your travel pattern it is worth the call!

I completely agree - I tried emailing questions several times, and instead of responding by email, she always called me back. The one time she even wrote back and said they are limited to how many email replies they're allowed per day, so to just call her.

I'm really wondering if I should call the sales rep to change the UY. The problem is that July would most likely be the best month for us, so we probably wouldn't get the 2016 points anyhow. Also, from looking at current availability, I'm not sure we could use 2016 points at the moment (our schedule is a little awkward this year because DS just started college and we're trying to find times we can all meet in FL).

Thoughts?

A few things to keep in mind:
  • Not sure if you meant July is when you like to travel the most or that you want a July use year. In case it's the latter, note that July isn't a valid use year for DVC. There are only 8 possible use years, so not every month is an option. Would June or August work for you?

• You won't get 2016 points (which is unfortunate, as you can bank them even if you can't use them now), but your 2017 points will come available to you that much sooner. So there's that consolation. I would favor the long-term benefit over the short-term 2016 points, personally.

• Many people state their visiting patterns change over the years, so what seems like the perfect use year now might not be later. When we chose an April use year, it seemed nearly perfect for our travel patterns (based on over 2 decades of WDW visits... we were late to the DVC party), but only 2 years later that has changed. That said, no other use year is perfect for us, either, as we visit all through the year, so I don't regret choosing April. This is just more a comment to think about how much the use year really means to you.

Bought CCV in September, and we also own at BWV (since 99), and HHI (since 2000)! Excited to stay at CCV in 2018!!! We love our DVC
Looking forward to CCV! Bought 160 points! Now own 533 points!

DeerH

:welcome: and Congrats!!!! I think you definitely made a great choice adding CCV to your already great list of resorts! I hope you love it! Did you book your first trip yet?! I added you to Page 1! You'll find lots of great people here to chat with! It's great to have you as a neighbor!!

*WELCOME HOME*

A few things to keep in mind:
  • Not sure if you meant July is when you like to travel the most or that you want a July use year. In case it's the latter, note that July isn't a valid use year for DVC. There are only 8 possible use years, so not every month is an option. Would June or August work for you?

• You won't get 2016 points (which is unfortunate, as you can bank them even if you can't use them now), but your 2017 points will come available to you that much sooner. So there's that consolation. I would favor the long-term benefit over the short-term 2016 points, personally.

• Many people state their visiting patterns change over the years, so what seems like the perfect use year now might not be later. When we chose an April use year, it seemed nearly perfect for our travel patterns (based on over 2 decades of WDW visits... we were late to the DVC party), but only 2 years later that has changed. That said, no other use year is perfect for us, either, as we visit all through the year, so I don't regret choosing April. This is just more a comment to think about how much the use year really means to you.

Great advice!!!!

That makes sense to not want to put things down in writing if not all the guides are properly trained. Just out of curiosity, what false information did you get from your first guide?

I completely agree - I tried emailing questions several times, and instead of responding by email, she always called me back. The one time she even wrote back and said they are limited to how many email replies they're allowed per day, so to just call her.

I'm surprised they're limited to a certain number of emails per day! Well, my guide never replied back to my emails or called me back regarding my questions. Like everything else in life, it seems really hit or miss.

That makes sense to not want to put things down in writing if not all the guides are properly trained. Just out of curiosity, what false information did you get from your first guide?

I'm surprised they're limited to a certain number of emails per day! Well, my guide never replied back to my emails or called me back regarding my questions. Like everything else in life, it seems really hit or miss.

Ugh! You know what - for what you're spending, you should be happy with your experience! I'm totally that kind of person that when I want something - I want it no matter what - but in this case, your service and your end result should be great! If you're not happy, don't wait any longer and contact him! If he can't help you, someone else will! My guide literally answered every single annoying and repetitive question my husband and I had! You should definitely call if you haven't yet!

And PS - I think it's a bunch of BS she couldn't email me - probably didn't want anything in writing! LOL :smokin::drinking: (I'll get off my soap box now) lol :rotfl2:

Last edited:

He told us we could buy any increment of points over 50 rather than the actual requirement for 75. We are happy with our contract, but did decide to go with the guide who sold us our points and was much more helpful overall.

. . .probably didn't want anything in writing! LOL :smokin:
I feel quite certain that you are correct, and while I do find that aspect annoying, I'm sure there is some kernel of reasoning behind the move. First, and primarily, of course, rare is the sales agency of this sort which would have employees giving out specific content in emails. If the advice turns out to be incorrect, they're stuck. Further, attempting to look at it from their vantage, what if an agent was able to swing a particular, say, UY or snag some other perk for one client then not be able to do so for the next? As we all know from just reading the DIS, once someone has success with an action, he/she will spread the good news far and wide. In this example, it's easy to see an agent--or fellow agents--being swamped by well-meaning buyers wanting the same good deal. By keeping mostly, if not strictly, to phone conversations, it's more difficult to pin down specifics. While that may not be the superb customer service we expect, it's certainly not unusual. Mortgage finance corporations, car dealerships, and renovation outfits are three companies with which I've dealt who have been reluctant to engage in emails. That being said, it's still aggravating when one goes looking for information from a DVC agent and it becomes a trying endeavor. ;)

Last edited:
We arrive at CC in 10 days. (!!) Split stay, 1BR and 2BR (3 people then up to 5 people). I just read thru this thread and was wondering about room requests. Would Bay Lake view give a view of the Electrical Water Pageant? Hoping not to get a room view of just rooftops as some have posted. A pool view would be nice. I am confused about which is north or south side. I have stayed at WL and Boulder Ridge a few times before, just unfamiliar with room views from the CC wing. We do not care if we are near the elevator, so I just clicked upper floor on the room requests on MDE.

Are the words Bay Lake View or Courtyard view the appropriate words to use, and what would each of those choices offer?

We are so excited, and views are not everything, just figured making a request would not hurt. We DO spend more time in the room than some people, because we like to take breaks and we have a special needs adult son who likes to retire early.

We arrive at CC in 10 days. (!!) Split stay, 1BR and 2BR (3 people then up to 5 people). I just read thru this thread and was wondering about room requests. Would Bay Lake view give a view of the Electrical Water Pageant? Hoping not to get a room view of just rooftops as some have posted. A pool view would be nice. I am confused about which is north or south side. I have stayed at WL and Boulder Ridge a few times before, just unfamiliar with room views from the CC wing. We do not care if we are near the elevator, so I just clicked upper floor on the room requests on MDE.

Are the words Bay Lake View or Courtyard view the appropriate words to use, and what would each of those choices offer?

We are so excited, and views are not everything, just figured making a request would not hurt. We DO spend more time in the room than some people, because we like to take breaks and we have a special needs adult son who likes to retire early.
The Copper Creek wing is the South one, so rooms on the North side of it overlook the main pool while ones on the South side of it overlook the Boulder Ridge Cove pool. To see Bay Lake, you’d do better to be on the North side. Most of the Copper Creek rooms overlook a courtyard, with the exception of a few rooms above the registration desk that overlook the bus stop.

I love the main Wilderness Lodge thread, but it is nice to have a CCV specific one as well. We bought back in April with a Dec use year and our first trip will be end of March next year. Really looking forward to it. I have loved this resort since I was a kid. I think they did a great job with CCV, we love the more modern subdued Pacific NW style. The other enhancements to the resort look amazing. It will be spectacular in a few years when the trees etc grow more.

We just made our first Copper Creek Reservation! We'll be in a dedicated 2 bedroom from September 6-12, 2018. (I had a typo in my original post, which showed us arriving on the 8th) On October 12 I get to book the remainder of our stay...

I love the main Wilderness Lodge thread, but it is nice to have a CCV specific one as well. We bought back in April with a Dec use year and our first trip will be end of March next year. Really looking forward to it. I have loved this resort since I was a kid. I think they did a great job with CCV, we love the more modern subdued Pacific NW style. The other enhancements to the resort look amazing. It will be spectacular in a few years when the trees etc grow more.

:welcome:and CONGRATS!!! It’s definitely become a great little thread! Everyone here is so nice and especially helpful!! CCV is just SO beautiful!!! And I agree, WL itself is amazing! I am looking forward to visiting on our upcoming trip in November!! It’s great to have you as a neighbor! I added you to Page 1!

*WELCOME HOME!*

We just made our first Copper Creek Reservation! We'll be in a dedicated 2 bedroom from September 6-12, 2018. (I had a typo in my original post, which showed us arriving on the 8th) On October 12 I get to book the remainder of our stay...

Congrats! Sounds great!! I fixed your arrival date! Are you still staying till the 15th? Also wanted to ask if it would be OK if I posted your CCV floor plan on Post 1. Thought it would get more attention there. Thank you!

Last edited:
Congrats! Sounds great!! I fixed your arrival date! Are you still staying till the 15th? Also wanted to ask if it would be OK if I posted your CCV floor plan on Post 1. Thought it would get more attention there. Thank you!
Yes, absolutely, post any of my stuff wherever you want. I may have pictures you want too if you're looking for anything in particular. We are staying through the 15th, but our last three nights will be in a cabin! I get to call and book that next week.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter