•The Official COPPER CREEK VILLAS & CABINS Owners & Lovers Group•

Yes. They auto-book the Guaranteed Week for me, at the cost of the GW. If I cannot go, I can cancel the booking and get the 118 points per week back to use.

Here's the Copper Creek Guaranteed Week chart. You need to purchase direct for a GW (unless you find a resale contract with one), and you have to inquire to see if the week is still available to purchase. I was surprised to find mine were, as I assumed Thanksgiving and first weekend of December would already be gone!

https://*******.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/03/CCVC_GuaranteedWeeks.pdf
We are thinking about adding on a fixed week ourselves at CCV and like that it just shows up since they book it before the 11 month window.

We are thinking about adding on a fixed week ourselves at CCV and like that it just shows up since they book it before the 11 month window.
Last year our week did not get booked until January, usually it is a week or two after you GW. They admitted they were behind but assured us our week was there to book. So your confirmation may be delayed. But it was nice not to have to walk the ressie.

Last year our week did not get booked until January, usually it is a week or two after you GW. They admitted they were behind but assured us our week was there to book. So your confirmation may be delayed. But it was nice not to have to walk the ressie.
Ya, just having it appear is nice and not having to worry about it.

Proud to be a member here now. Fixed week in week 49 plus 32 additional points for 150 points total.

I kept going back and forth but the theme, discounting, and ability to get a fixed week (even though we won't use most years) won me over vs BLT (which I liked exclusively for being so close).

Between this and BWV we think we have 2 of the best spots at Disney to stay at.

First stay is going to be in January next year. We cancelled our BWV family stay in a 2BR so used the expiring points for 5 nights here and then 5 nights at BCV/BWV in a studio.

:welcome: Congrats to you! What is your UY? I will add you to Page 1!

Proud to be a member here now. Fixed week in week 49 plus 32 additional points for 150 points total.

I kept going back and forth but the theme, discounting, and ability to get a fixed week (even though we won't use most years) won me over vs BLT (which I liked exclusively for being so close).

Congratulations!

Funny you mention you were deciding between CCV and BLT. I've been thinking about finally buying into DVC and looking at BLT resale.

...but I just watched some room walk-through videos of the two bedroom units (which we'd be interested in) at CCV and BLT, and I've got to say I really like the CCV room much more. Only two bathrooms vs the three at BLT, but the theming at CCV is really outstanding! We were also at the WL hotel last fall, and did a late night swim in the "DVC" pool - really nice.

For me, as a non-member, the direct discounts just aren't temping enough so I think I'll have to stick to resale for either BLT or CCV. (Though it would be nice to have "future-proof" points).

Would you know (or anyone reading this know) how difficult it is to book a two bedroom at CCV around the last two weeks of the year at the seven month mark? If I do join DVC, I would like to be at WL during the Christmas timeframe at some point. I know studios are out of the question, but wonder if I bought at BLT if I could still get a two bedroom during peak.

Congratulations!

Funny you mention you were deciding between CCV and BLT. I've been thinking about finally buying into DVC and looking at BLT resale.

...but I just watched some room walk-through videos of the two bedroom units (which we'd be interested in) at CCV and BLT, and I've got to say I really like the CCV room much more. Only two bathrooms vs the three at BLT, but the theming at CCV is really outstanding! We were also at the WL hotel last fall, and did a late night swim in the "DVC" pool - really nice.

For me, as a non-member, the direct discounts just aren't temping enough so I think I'll have to stick to resale for either BLT or CCV. (Though it would be nice to have "future-proof" points).

Would you know (or anyone reading this know) how difficult it is to book a two bedroom at CCV around the last two weeks of the year at the seven month mark? If I do join DVC, I would like to be at WL during the Christmas timeframe at some point. I know studios are out of the question, but wonder if I bought at BLT if I could still get a two bedroom during peak.
First, I agree that the direct pricing + discounts/perks wouldn't be enough to convince me to buy from DVC, though I must add that I say that sitting here as an owner of direct points from way back. Booking almost any resort for any sized room for the last two weeks of the year will be a challenge at seven months; in particular, booking any category at CCV or VWL (oops, BRV as DVC likes to call it) is next to impossible. WL is the resort to stay at during the holidays as its theming is quintessential hearth and home. That's not to say you couldn't string together a few days here and there and, potentially, managing to fill all the days, but the odds are very low. In light of the current virus situation and all the cancellations, my educated guess is that for the next two years, snagging reservations anywhere/anytime at seven months could be problematic as Disney put millions of points back into the system when they allowed owners to bank them after cancelling reservations when the parks and resorts closed for a few months. Owners will be anxious to book stays to not lose points, so even 11-month reservations could prove to be difficult for many.

I don't say all this to discourage your decision to buy into DVC--that's an entirely personal decision. However, I always warn new buyers to fully understand the potential complications that can come with ownership. We have gotten a great deal of enjoyment out of our contracts the past 15+ years, and we'll continue to enjoy ownership as long as it fits our lifestyle. Yet, the DVC landscape has changed--all of Disney has changed recently--so going forward there will likely be even more challenges to owning a piece of the magic. Oh, and one last thought which I also tell every potential new owner: buy where you want to stay. Best wishes going forward!

Thanks for the insight Sleepydog.!

I was also wondering what the impact of all the point extensions would be, and even without the "covid backlog" you're saying the odds aren't great. Good to know.

Want to officially say hello there, as we became owners at CCV!!

After some debate - because we do love 1 BRs - we actually just bought two Guaranteed Weeks at CCV in Studios - #47 and #48! We do have two boys, now teenagers, and decided to do it this way so we could eventually leave them each one week, but also so that once my husband and I are traveling ourselves, we can do two weeks in Disney at our favorite time of year (Thanksgiving & Christmas season) without having to worry about grabbing reservations. We figured the two weeks guaranteed was worth "downgrading" to a Studio. :)

Best part is that we got the current incentives being offered, and the GW points are still at the original fixed chart. So week #47 still cost 118 points guaranteed even though it will cost 123 points to book in 2021! Week #48 is 118 points guaranteed, and now costs 110 in 2021. But all told, we're only paying an extra 3 points to get guaranteed weeks over Thanksgiving (most years) and into first week of December, so we're definitely okay with that. I'm pretty happy even if my savings account is not. ;-)

We also currently own at BRV and AKL, too, and have wanted to add CCV to our home for when we pass 2042 and lose BRV. So excited to officially call CCV home now!
Oh! And we did the shower/tub combo, too. I originally wanted Walk-In Shower because I do love those, but then I saw the alternate studio layouts and that those are tub/shower combos, so we switched our GW in the hopes we might get the alternate layouts from time to time!
We're also GW #48! I guess we'll be seeing you every year 😉. We purchased it last summer, so this Nov/Dec will be our first time staying then. It will also be our first time staying during the Christmas season, so we're looking forward to that. The plan is that it will be our new "kicking off the holidays" tradition. We chose to go with the GW because of the fear of having the hard time getting the studio and knowing that we're locked in if the point charts change, like they now have. That's amazing that you were able to take advantage with Thanksgiving week like that.

What's really funny - we also went with the tub/shower room after initially leaning towards the walk-in shower, for the exact same reason - we saw the alternate studio layouts and are hoping the same thing - that maybe we can get that sometimes. Looks like we'll be competing with you for it 😳. Although, you're there a week before us, and since it's said they usually don't like to move people if possible, I guess you'll always be ahead of us on that one 😢.

Our kids are still young (6 & 8), so we still have a while where we can fit in the studios, although we might be doing a 1-br cash stay next month, if we go through with our trip, so hopefully we don't get too spoiled.

Congrats on the purchase and Welcome Home! Maybe we'll have to grab a celebratory drink during one of our hopefully many-to-come crossover stays.

We're also GW #48! I guess we'll be seeing you every year 😉
Wonderful!! We’ll have to meet up!!

2021 will be the first time we have our GW, but if we stick to our current plans, we’ll be upgrading and only spending a few days around Thanksgiving, as we are hoping to do the Disney Cruise Thanksgiving weekend. And in 2022, we are currently planning to try to go right after Christmas to New Years with our fairy godson and his parents/our friends. So it might not be till 2023 we see you! But we may not go for the entire week even then. Our oldest will be in college by then, but our youngest will be a Junior in High School and so we’re unlikely to want to take him out of a week of school. So it really may not be till 2025 we take advantage of our full two weeks! But we knew that buying. We wanted to get the GWs before CCV sold out and we couldn’t get them so that in a few years we would be guaranteed to have them.

Thankfully there are more than one alternative studio so hopefully we both get them!

Yes, I added on Wednesday, taking advantage of the $35 off per point for the 236 points for the two guaranteed weeks. There’s only a small number of guides working now, but they are slowly bringing them back! I can PM you my guide’s contact info (not sure if we should directly post it) if you want to reach out to him.

Thanks for the heads up on the need to potentially call. We added 125 direct today to go with our original resale contract. Much appreciated, and so much more simple than buying resale (not that resale is difficult).

Good evening everybody! Hope everyone is staying safe. Listening to sorcerers radio and feeling the Disney grove....

We have 8 nights booked at our beloved Copper Creek, March 5 thru the 13th. Split stay with CBR 3/3 thru 3/5 first. Saving the best for last!

Anyone have a suggestion on a good cabin location I can request? I own at cc but this is our first time staying in the cascade cabins.

Anyone have a suggestion on a good cabin location I can request? I own at cc but this is our first time staying in the cascade cabins.
I might be staying in one in Dec and im looking at requesting the second cabin on the south side of Geyser Point.

I might be staying in one in Dec and im looking at requesting the second cabin on the south side of Geyser Point.
I was thinking that side would be better as well. We leave tomorrow. We’re doing 8 nights in the poly bungalows and decided to add 2 nights at the cabin. The ones by the boat dock look a bit more isolated.

We stayed in #8019 June 2019, which is midway down the line of the South-Side cabins. We rarely saw or heard anyone. Great for meals at the pick-nick table and hanging out in the Jacuzzi. Best part was watching the Water Electric Light flotilla while munching on a Cheese & Charcuterie board with wine and soaking in the hot tub. My family wants to go back every time for at least a couple of days to the cabins when at WDW.

Just cancelled our December CCV reservation. So sad. No trips for 2020 now. Hoping we can make next May 2021. Praying for a vaccine... :(

I feel your pain, we were scheduled for late May through early June this year. We are now scheduled for May 29-June 5 next year. Upside is the grandparents will get to go with their grands; downside is need for a vaccine. Hope it all works out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter