•The Official POLYNESIAN VILLAS & BUNGALOWS Owners and Fans info thread•

Can someone explain what resort view is?
For non DVC rooms, it can mean a view of anything from the parking lot, the roof and HVAC units, dumpsters, housekeeping metros, construction, to the garden/grassy areas. They made "resort view" a new category recently, combining the old standard view and garden view rooms together. For some, they get a nice view, others, well...

I have 2 reservations for the same view on rented points. What is the best way to go about linking the reservations so that we don't have to change rooms? I know that's not a guarantee, but would still like to make that request.
You will have to reach out to the owner to have them make the request. Or, you can wait until check in and ask then, but you may not want to take that chance.

I have 2 reservations for the same view on rented points. What is the best way to go about linking the reservations so that we don't have to change rooms? I know that's not a guarantee, but would still like to make that request.
As above, the DVC owner needs to make that request. If you rented from two different owners, you’ll need to contact each one, give them the other confirmation number, and ask them to chat/email/call MS to request a “continuing stay” notice be placed on each reservation. Then when you arrive for the first one, go to the front desk and ask whether you’re booked for the same room. If not, that’s the best time to fix it! The resort will want to keep you in the same room just as much as you want to stay there - it saves on housekeeping costs. Have a good trip!

As above, the DVC owner needs to make that request. If you rented from two different owners, you’ll need to contact each one, give them the other confirmation number, and ask them to chat/email/call MS to request a “continuing stay” notice be placed on each reservation. Then when you arrive for the first one, go to the front desk and ask whether you’re booked for the same room. If not, that’s the best time to fix it! The resort will want to keep you in the same room just as much as you want to stay there - it saves on housekeeping costs. Have a good trip!
Thanks so much everyone!

I heard that they said that was the plan for now but that it could change… just what I heard.
They could have easily said that decision hasn't been made yet. Like all things, nothing is over until it's over but this will be a tough genie to get back in the bottle.

We were almost ready to pull the trigger on a PVB add-on, but as we were discussing it, I think we want to stay at the tower before buying more points. The monorail could get a glut of new passengers and with it being a decent hike from the TTC (at least compared to the existing DVC studios) getting to MK could be a frustrating proposition. We just did a stay at VGF last month and with the walkway to MK closed the monorail was nearly always a decent wait. Have we heard anything that would not make this a concern?

We were almost ready to pull the trigger on a PVB add-on, but as we were discussing it, I think we want to stay at the tower before buying more points. The monorail could get a glut of new passengers and with it being a decent hike from the TTC (at least compared to the existing DVC studios) getting to MK could be a frustrating proposition. We just did a stay at VGF last month and with the walkway to MK closed the monorail was nearly always a decent wait. Have we heard anything that would not make this a concern?
From everything I've read, I think it could be a major issue. When we stayed in Moorea, we stopped going to the GCH because the TTC was closer. Unless there are some major (good) surprises related to the transportation options at the tower, I'm not sure we would stay there, if I can even afford to with our measly 220 points. And depending on how crowded the resort gets with the tower guests (and it already feels pretty crowded now), we may be using our Poly points as SAP.

From everything I've read, I think it could be a major issue. When we stayed in Moorea, we stopped going to the GCH because the TTC was closer. Unless there are some major (good) surprises related to the transportation options at the tower, I'm not sure we would stay there, if I can even afford to with our measly 220 points. And depending on how crowded the resort gets with the tower guests (and it already feels pretty crowded now), we may be using our Poly points as SAP.
I like the walk to the TTC from the DVC longhouses. If/when the walkway to VGF and then MK open, we might just try that walk from the Tower if we stay there.

Yeah, the tower represents maybe 1000 people (~270 rooms)? I’d be inclined to walk via VGF or boat via friendship boat over monorail from the tower.

The express line from TTC really is a nice perk of staying in the OG Studios.

I'll be at the Poly Villas next week. I'm assuming that the walking path over to the Grand Floridian is still blocked off but curious if anyone has been there recently. I believe they may be relocating the road behind the tower so may be closed for a while :/. Thanks in advance!

I'll be at the Poly Villas next week. I'm assuming that the walking path over to the Grand Floridian is still blocked off but curious if anyone has been there recently. I believe they may be relocating the road behind the tower so may be closed for a while :/. Thanks in advance!
There are signs up that say it’s not available, but the cast members don’t say you can’t use it. One told me there was a way through, but it was a little dangerous 🤷‍♂️. I didn’t try it as there was a lot of active construction going on.

Are there any requests we should make for a lake-view room for May? We always request high floor
because it is usually quieter, but anything else that I should add?

Thank you for your help! Super excited to finally get to stay here! I remember visiting the Polynesian with my DH and 2 young kids about 25 years ago and telling him that we would stay there SOME DAY, even if we could only afford to stay one night (we were staying at one of the All Stars for about $70 a night). Well, that day is finally almost here. :D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter