1/15/2005

DH and I didn't sail in January this year, but we will be on 1-15-04 Western!

Yep, we did. Were you on the "According to Jim" cruise also? We booked a Cat.# 6 rm on Deck 6 just forward of the Aft elevators. It was our 1st cruise and it was great!

We were also on the According to Jim cruise. What a blast. We booked for the same week next year. I remember reading your posts before the cruise about being nervous. I am glad to hear you had fun. That was our 3rd cruise with Disney and they have been great every time! Did you meet any of the other people that posted on this site? We will have to keep in touch throughout the year to make time go by faster! We are from CT also enjoying this lovely weather!! My e-mail is dsitler90@msn.com. Talk to you later.

Yer we met MNMom at the Radisson and kept bumping in to her group throughout the cruise. We found out that out tablemates were also a Dis family, FabFam4. They had cruised before and were a great help and helped make our 1st cruise that much better. Did you get in any shots? During the sail away party we happened to be the 1st group off the stage next to the handrails and the shot where Jim knocked Goofy off happened right in front of us. I'm wearing a yellow shirt (same color as Jim was wearing) and the only way we are out of the shot is if they mask us out.

I will be looking for you on According to Jim. I don't think we got in any of the shots. I thought there would of been much more opportunity. I noticed they used alot of the abc staff as extras! Have you notice how much the price of the 1/15/05 has gone up since we booked!! Glad I booked when I did.

We had booked through All Seasons Travel for our Cat.#6 cabin and they had a price of 3575.00 for our group of 4. They beat the best of all the others by 610.00. The on board price for our next cruise for the same cat.#6 and deck was 3995.00 (that was with the 10% disc. included) and an add. 200.00 cabin credit brings the actual costs to 3795.00, a 200.00 increase from this years costs. Not too terrible of an increase. Did you book with AllSeasons too? Their web site lists their prices www.allseastravel.com

We have always booked through DCL. We did this time as well and I have looked at other web sites for prices and so far I haven't found anything to beat what I have.
We always get a Cat 11. Our price for 2005 is actually less then 2004 with the 10% off! But I just checked the price again for 2005 and it has gone up by about 400. I wish I was there now we are getting a big storm today! :(

It's an easy way to bring a post that has slipped back a page or two back to the top of the first page. It is bumping the thread back to the top.

Just booked our first ever Disney Cruise for the week of 15JAN05. Can't wait! We have a Cat 3, and are travelling with our 11 (12 by then) and 3 (4 by then) year old sons. If anyone wants to stay in touch, possibly introduce our kids, let me know! We have so much to read/learn about before we go!

Originally posted by FlynnStone
Just booked our first ever Disney Cruise for the week of 15JAN05. Can't wait! We have a Cat 3, and are travelling with our 11 (12 by then) and 3 (4 by then) year old sons. If anyone wants to stay in touch, possibly introduce our kids, let me know! We have so much to read/learn about before we go!

Congrats on booking your first cruise. You are going to have a great time. We just went 1/17/04 and as you know we are going again 1/15/05. The only problem being is that it is too long of a wait!! I could leave tomorrow if given the chance. Well we will be in touch via the thread.

We are also on board for the 1/15/05 Western cruise. This is our first Disney cruise. My husband and I cruised RCCL on our honeymoon but have not cruised since!! We have three sons ages 8, 6, & 4. We welcome any suggestions from experienced Disney cruisers and would love to hear from others on our cruise with children the same ages as ours!!::MickeyMo

Hi fellow cruisers,
Question for Mark and Sandra. If I remember correctly you stayed at the Radisson this past Jan. the night before the cruise. I am thinking of doing that in 2005. Did you like it and did it work out well for you. Where did you book it through and how was the rate. I looked at their web site and they don't have the rates for 2005 yet. Thanks for any info.

My DH and are are taking our first ever cruise on this date as well. We will be celebrating our 25th Anniversary and we are both very excited. We have 3 grown children 2 girls- 20 and 23 and a boy 22. While they ARE old, we ARE NOT- DH is 48 and I am 44- We jsut started and ended early (and it's a good thing we did as I would have absolutley NO energy to keep up with kids right now - although I do love them!) We would love to get some suggestions or hear your stories from previous cruises. Any good tips? I have this fear that I'm gonna miss getting ressies for Palo's and all that other good stuff!

We are going to be on the Jan 15, 2005 cruise, too. My husband, myself, 3 grown children and their familes, 4 girls--9, 7, 7, and 3 and a boy 3....My daughter in law's parents and her sister....and another couple our age!! Our grandchildren's second cruise. The older ones are already looking at excusions to plan for.

hey mickeymom30- We enjoyed the Radisson alot. We booked it using the tips on www.mousesaver.com and we got a 2 king bed room with a jacuzzi in the bedroom for 109.00 using AAA rate. The hotel is great. Food is easy to get, either the restaurant or next door is a pizza place, and a short drive to everything else. We booked a car from Budget, 1 way from MCO for 26.00 and the drop off was a 3 minute walk from the Radisson. It was rather cold the night of 1/16 so we didn't let the kids swim at the pool, but they made up for it in the bedroom Jacuzzi. All in all we liked it enough to want to book it again. Why don't we both keep our eyes out for deals and let each other know if either finds any?

Mark and Sandra, Thanks for the tips on the Radisson. We are definetly going to stay there the night of the 14th. I hope their buses head over to the port early in the a.m. I would like to be on the boat by 11:00. I will definetly let you know if I find a good deal. Thanks.

Once you have a ressie you can call and ask to reserve space on the 1st shuttle over to the port. You need to bring all your luggage to the front door area and when your group is called to board you must bring your luggage to the rear of the shuttle to be put on and then board. I saw many people looking for their luggage when we got to the pier and discover that their luggage was not put on. They thought someone else would do it for them since their name was called.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter