15 days & 600+ pix. The trip report you've been waiting a year to read....

Thanks Barb, maybe something to consider for next year. Lilys still not sure about a cruise.

Like I told her last summer....start with a 3 or 4 nighter just to check it out. The caribbean is very calm and I'm sure she wouldn't even notice she's on the water. :thumbsup2 (Bubba didn't) Differnet lines leave from different ports too. In Fl, there's Tampa, Port Canaveral, Ft Lauderdale, Miami, etc... Ships leave from everywhere anymore.

Awesome TR! I love your style. I can't wait to read this coming up one as well. I am interested to hear about your cruise too. I bet it will be fun, and interesting to see if you like it better than the Disney one.

Thanks....where's your report from your cruise? You were supposed to take a Disney cruise...remember?

PS - I love the pics of you in the balloon hat. I won't tell you what I thought when I saw the first shot
. :rolleyes1

Don't worry...I know you, and I know what you were thinking! :eek:

As usual, an awesome TR and a ton of fun!
Thanks, Barb!
Maria :upsidedow

you bet! :thumbsup2

We were! last March, and I kept bugging DH to book it and then in Jan. he said, he'd rather go to WDW. He has this crazy thinking that we might fall off the ship, so all of a sudden he's against cruising. Claire and I keep bugging him still though. I think there is going to be a trip to no where this year though.
In fact today we be the normal day we usually leave for WDW each year. I am so bummed to be not gettting ready right now for a plane trip. :headache:

Like I told her last summer....start with a 3 or 4 nighter just to check it out. The caribbean is very calm and I'm sure she wouldn't even notice she's on the water. :thumbsup2 (Bubba didn't) Differnet lines leave from different ports too. In Fl, there's Tampa, Port Canaveral, Ft Lauderdale, Miami, etc... Ships leave from everywhere anymore.

-
Barb, she asked everybody she knows who has been on a cruise, and they said the same as you. She was on a boat once and was extremely sick, the sea was rough, and this put her off boats. Her brother said she should try a short one like you said as well, but as i have everything booked this year now, so it will have to be next year, if we can talk her into it. Looked at ones from Tampa, and they seem to bo ok, so you never know.

We were! last March, and I kept bugging DH to book it and then in Jan. he said, he'd rather go to WDW. He has this crazy thinking that we might fall off the ship, so all of a sudden he's against cruising. Claire and I keep bugging him still though. I think there is going to be a trip to no where this year though.
In fact today we be the normal day we usually leave for WDW each year. I am so bummed to be not gettting ready right now for a plane trip. :headache:

THOUSANDS of people cruise every year! :headache: Your DH needs to see pix of people on the ship. There is no way to fall off without climbing up on the railing...it is geared toward KIDS afterall. Find him pix of people on the deck in front of the railings to prove how high they are. (They even have plexiglass over them to prevent 'things' from falling over too.) You may need pix to convince him. Good luck.

Sorry to hear no trip this year.... I don't know if I could make it w/o a vacation at least once a year! :eek:

Like I told her last summer....start with a 3 or 4 nighter just to check it out. The caribbean is very calm and I'm sure she wouldn't even notice she's on the water. :thumbsup2 (Bubba didn't) Different lines leave from different ports too. In Fl, there's Tampa, Port Canaveral, Ft Lauderdale, Miami, etc... Ships leave from everywhere anymore.
-
Barb, she asked everybody she knows who has been on a cruise, and they said the same as you. She was on a boat once and was extremely sick, the sea was rough, and this put her off boats. Her brother said she should try a short one like you said as well, but as i have everything booked this year now, so it will have to be next year, if we can talk her into it. Looked at ones from Tampa, and they seem to bo ok, so you never know.

So, hasn't she realized that "everybody" knows what they're talking about? :teeth:

The caribbean sea is SO much calmer. And, if she's afraid of still getting sick, they have anti-nausea meds she can take. LOTS of people get the seasickness, but won't let that little thing stop them from having a great time!!

I'm sure you could squeeze in a quick 3 or 4 nite one departing SOMEWHERE out of Fla... it just depends where you want to go.

Tell her to mention it to her doctor next time she sees him...get his opinion/recommendation about the anti-nausea stuff. :thumbsup2

(I really wish she would give it a try....I think she'd have a fabulous time! ...and Lily, if you're reading this...c'mon girl...ya KNOW you WANT to give it another go :thumbsup2 )

Thanks Barb, she is due an appointment at the hospital with her consultant, so told her to ask him about them.
If i had not booked St Petes would have cancelled and looked for a cruise this year, but i am tied to the rate i booked.
But will look for next year

I have been finding that the sooner you are ABLE to book the cruise, the better the rate. The rate just keeps going up....until the last couple of months prior...then, they start to drop just to fill the ship.

Never hurts to start looking for that cruise you want to take ;)

Will not know what plans are for next year till August/September this year.
As you know we are heading to California, and are hoping our cousins will visit us next summer, so will not know for certain till we are there ,and find dates that suits them, thats if they decide to come here. They have been all around Ireland, and apparently like to visit different countries, so wether they want to visit here again i am not sure, so will find out in the summer and can then decide what we are doing next year. But will let you know after our vacation this year

:idea: Come to the states to visit the cousins and go on cruise WITH THEM!!! :teeth:

I've known since last year we are supposed to cruise next year ('11). :laughing: But not a commercial ship...actually rent a sailboat in the caribbean and sail. :eek:

should be fun?

Now thats an idea for next year Barb.

WOW, next year sounds like a great vacation, cannot wait to read that report and pics Barb. Are you planning the parks as well after your cruising around the Carribbean.

Are you planning the parks as well after your cruising around the Carribbean.

I don't know that yet. Not sure exactly how much the sailing trip is gonna cost us (will find out from Captn BIL on this year's vacay). I would love to bring my niece to Universal next summer for her high school graduation gift. (she's a Potter-head :laughing: ) I don't know if we are taking 2 trips to FL next summer, or trying the sailing w/ the parks... :confused3 TBD i suppose :goodvibes

Your vacation next year sounds like it will be great, and something to really look forward to, even if you do not get to the parks.

Just checking to see if yuou went on your yearly trip yet and if you got a new TR started!

Just checking to see if yuou went on your yearly trip yet and if you got a new TR started!

:laughing: yes we went.

we are home.

my laptop took a you-know-what.:mad:

ordered a new one.

be here this week. hope to start after it's up & runnin. (this sharing DH's desktop is barely workin for me)

:wave2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter