2/5/05 Eastern--anyone booked?

We also have yet to receive our Docs. But, we just got really good news!! The upgrade fairy has seen fit to bestow upon us a 3 Catagory upgrade. We went from a cat.11 to a cat.8! Awesome!! We were told our docs should be here by Friday at the latest...... That was definately worth the wait!
See y'all onboard!
Mark, Stacy, Taylor (9), Tiffany (6)

Greetings All!

Got our docs on Monday. :banana:

We have reservations at the Quality Suites Cocoa Beach (sister of Radisson) for the night before. They have an Aloha Package that includes parking and shuttle as well as two free Aloha shirts.

We are driving down and will be leaving Thursday after school. Plan on driving through the night. The boys watch a few movies, stop for dinner, a few more movies, then fall asleep - wake up - we're there! No "Are we there yet?"

The only excursion booked is the Doubloon cruise in St. Thomas. Looks pretty fun and right down the boys' alley.

I'll be watching the superbowl somewhere - life long Steelers and Redskins fan, but hey those Eagles are right up there too. Would have been fun to have a Steagles (or Eealers) superbowl.

Did somebody mention cigars. Wife hates them - oh well guess she won't be watch the game :rotfl2:

Late dinner seating

Beer mug program looks pretty interesting - have to make a strong lanyard!

Konk Koolers? I'll try anything once - twice if I like it!

Be warned - 1999 Biggest Splash Champion - Couples Resort Ocho Rios. All challengers welcome.

Hopefully we'll make to the get together - no promises. My opinion is only 1/5th and is normally the minority.

I'm easy to reconize - 5'8" "mini-me" version of a sumo wrestler without the funny hairdo.

See you soon and safe travel! :wave:

John

praisehisname said:
We'll definitely have to try and meet up! My daughter will be 8 when we cruise, and she's a little nervous that she won't meet anyone to hang out with. She ended up meeting someone the second day on our first cruise, but she's still nervous.

Denise

Denise -- My DD is 10 and an only child so she's a little nervous as well for not knowing anyone. We are also from MD...Maybe the girls could meet up?

Stacy and Ken, and DD Morgan

mardal said:
We also have yet to receive our Docs. But, we just got really good news!! The upgrade fairy has seen fit to bestow upon us a 3 Catagory upgrade. We went from a cat.11 to a cat.8! Awesome!! We were told our docs should be here by Friday at the latest...... That was definately worth the wait!
See y'all onboard!

HOW?????? Who to call what to say?

15minfromOGDL said:
Hello,

I will also pray for good weather and light seas as some posts in the main forum state that seas have been rough.

The docs package includes: a "flight coupon type" booklet for each passenger which contain the baggage tags, transfer purchase options, payment auth. form, embarkation form, and cruise contract. Also a Bahamas Immigration form, a tux rental info sheet, DCL gift info, a "Passport to Disney Magic" info booklet which I'm sure everyone here already knows everything in the booklet, a immigration document reminder, and a new Castaway Cay excursion info sheet. All this in a paper clutch type enclosure.

Well we leave for Florida on Saturday morning, but I hear there are some internet terminals where we are staying so I hope I can get any last minute info.

Merv

Some places I read to put the Disney tags on *BEFORE* we board plane and others say not until just before bording ship.

Which???

I think, I could be wrong, you should put the tags on before you fly if you're taking Disney transfers. Otherwise, you might wait to avoid your bags being picked up by the transfer people.

Disneybridein2k3 said:
Denise -- My DD is 10 and an only child so she's a little nervous as well for not knowing anyone. We are also from MD...Maybe the girls could meet up?

Stacy and Ken, and DD Morgan

Stacy,

I would love to meet up, and I know Sarah would, too! Do you want a copy of the spreadsheet of DIS cruisers? Send me your email and I'll get you a copy.

Denise

mardal said:
See y'all onboard!

Do you guys want to be included in our spreadsheet and meet? Send me your email and I'll get you a copy.

We're meeting at 3pm, Deck 10 overlooking the Goofy Pool, side closest to the port. I've got bubbles for the kids and I'm working on nametags!

Denise

Hi all,

We are also going on the 2/5 cruise...so exciting!!!

We are me & DH Ivan, (36), son Rich (13), daughter Bethany (11) & daughter Katie (5). Also there will be my mother, father & sister.

It's going to be great!!!

See ya all there,
Dianne ::MickeyMo

Dianne6886 said:
Hi all,

We are me & DH Ivan, (36), son Rich (13), daughter Bethany (11) & daughter Katie (5). Also there will be my mother, father & sister.

See ya all there,

Dianne,

Welcome! Send me your home state, room #, and email, and I'll send you a copy of the spreadsheet we put together showing all the DISers on this cruise.

Thanks!
Denise

praisehisname said:
Yep! We're leaving Friday (2/4), so I'll send it out on Thursday (2/3).

Denise (who still doesn't have docs...)

Hey Denise! Is there any more room for us "late comers"??? Myself (Stacy, celebrating my 30th b-day on 2/4), DH (Ken, 24), and DD (Morgan, 10 but almost 11!) will be there (plus a good friend of mine - Tracey, who will be hanging out with us - no kids or husband)... we fly in on the 4th and are staying at a hotel close to my DH's family in Titusville who will drive us to port Saturday morning. We are so excited! Sorry it took me so long to find everyone -- I've been posting on the main board and never thought to look here!

Only a week to go! :hourglass :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

Stacy
forgot to say - Home state is Maryland!

Hi! This will be our second cruise. We did the 4-day Disney World/3-day cruise last year and loved the cruise so much! Had to book the 7 day cruise for this year. Last year the weather was just wonderful the entire time. DH and I will be traveling with no kids this year. Hello Mickeyfan9194!! Thanks for showing me this link! Hope to see you there! Hard waiting, isn't it??

I'm so exicted I can hardly stand it...now that it's only about a week away!

My parents are cruising with us also, but spending some time in WDW before the cruise--I dropped them off at the airport this morning. Let me tell you, it was extremely hard to not zip myself up in one of their bags and take off today.

Wishuponastar147, great to see you here! Better late than never. This is a great way to meet new people who are just as excited as we are about going!

Disneybridein2k3, my HD's birthday is the same as yours (2/4), he's going to be 45, but *SHHHHH* don't tell anyone! I have it noted on our reservations to celebrate with a cake in the dining room the first night. Then my mom's birthday is on Feb. 15th, so I want to surprise her by celebrating it early on the last night.

Hubby said he's definitely up for a cigar smoke some night. I guess he can just follow the smell, and find y'all.

DS13 is finally getting excited, after seeing there are some 13 yo girls on the cruise. Don't worry, he's a good kid.

Deb

Dianne6886 said:
Hi all,

See ya all there,

Dianne - Looking forward to meeting up -- DD Morgan is almost 11 (in March) and I know will love the idea of having a "friend" with whom to go to the Lab with! Are you going to the meet before the safety drill?

See you in a week!
Stacy
(also traveling is DH Ken and a good friend Tracey)

mickeyfan9194 said:
I'm so exicted I can hardly stand it...now that it's only about a week away!

Disneybridein2k3, my HD's birthday is the same as yours (2/4), he's going to be 45, but *SHHHHH* don't tell anyone! I have it noted on our reservations to celebrate with a cake in the dining room the first night. Then my mom's birthday is on Feb. 15th, so I want to surprise her by celebrating it early on the last night.
Deb

Deb - Just tell DH that he's actually celebrating the 16th Anniversary of his 29th birthday! We are also doing our cake on the first night - no surprise to me since I was the one who booked it...I was tempted to tell the TA to not do a cake at all, but then I knew DH would be very mad at me :teeth: That is very cool to celebrate your mom's birthday while cruisin'! We are really psyched now - we've been counting down for over a year and a half at this point and it seems a bit unreal to say "Only 8 more days!!!"

See you soon!
Stacy

Denise
In my humble opinion it would be better to get a passport rather than play around with birth certificates. They're good for ten years and a lot easier to keep track of. Also easier to use as officials recognise them instantly.
As to the Spa. You'll love it, I mean love it. One tip though. Arrive for your appointment about ten minutes or so early. This gives you time to change into a robe or whatever and it won't account against your allotted spa appointment.

praisehisname said:
Dianne,

Welcome! Send me your home state, room #, and email, and I'll send you a copy of the spreadsheet we put together showing all the DISers on this cruise.

Thanks!
Denise

Hi Denise,

Thank you for the updated spreadsheet. I appreciate it.

Just so you know... Stephen and I may/may not be a few minutes late for the meet. The ship has a walking tour that starts at 2:30. We will break away close to 3PM so that we are not too late for the "meet".

In case anyone is interested, I am dressing kind of "campy/tourist" for embarkment day. Look for a long haired brunette, 5'7", 165 wearing a hot pink shirt, hot pink hat, pink sunglasses, and white pants. Haven't decided if I am going to go all the way with white heals (sandals). Kind of a "Mrs. Howell" theme. My shirt has a rhinestone pin. Who cares if it isn't even Memorial Day yet. My husband is 6', black/gray hair about 225. Most likely will be wearing khaki pants, but beyond that can't tell you. :-)

Are we there yet?

TTYS,
Renée

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter