2/5/05 Eastern--anyone booked?

Disneybridein2k3 said:
iron clothes...aghhh!

I'm going to try a tip I saw on these boards a while back. I packed all the clothes that are "ironable" into the same suitcase, didn't even bother ironing them (they are clean, though). As soon as the luggage arrives in our room I will grab those clothes, stuff them in a laundry bag and hang them on our door. If all goes like it should, we should have our whole week's worth of clothes hanging in our closet by the next afternoon. One person said it costs around $40, well worth not having to trek to the laundry room!!!

Denise :goodvibes

praisehisname said:
I'm going to try a tip I saw on these boards a while back. I packed all the clothes that are "ironable" into the same suitcase, didn't even bother ironing them (they are clean, though). As soon as the luggage arrives in our room I will grab those clothes, stuff them in a laundry bag and hang them on our door. If all goes like it should, we should have our whole week's worth of clothes hanging in our closet by the next afternoon. One person said it costs around $40, well worth not having to trek to the laundry room!!!

Denise :goodvibes

Denise - that is a FABULOUS idea! As bad as it sounds, I'd rather pay someone to iron my clothes than have to wade through all of that ironing! Thanks for the tip!

Stacy :wave2:

I just read that Pin Trading has been suspended on the ship, due to fears of spreading flu/flu-like viruses. My DS's (and my mom) will be soooooooo disappointed if this is true. They've spent he last year collecting and looking for good values specifically for this cruise. Well, I guess if CM's can't trade anymore, we'll have to see if other passengers will be interested. Just a side note, my kids have no clue to the true value of any of the pins, they just trade for the ones they like.

Hi Mickeyfan. My kids are the same way. We've bought 30+ pins on ebay in anticipation of trading on this cruise. They are like yours, they're not there for the value or the collection, they're there for the trade. They'll trade pins they like just to be able to trade!
Apparently there will still be times for passengers to trade with each other. But the CM's were so wonderful about it that trading with them is the highlight for my kids!

2kidsrgreat said:
I bought the entire family matching tropical wear - I didn't realize the theme changed to pirates and I love the outfits I bought so that's what we will wear! I have read that a lot of people are wearing troical on Pirates Night so I don't think we will be out of place. And if we are --- OH WELL! :sunny:

Katy

Katy - Not to worry - I did the SAME thing! I just found out they were doing Pirate Night on the 7 nights just last week!

Stacy

Can you believe it is this week! I have packed and unpacked several times now. (Just for me... I still need to pack for Stephen.)

Can't wait to meet all of you!

Renee

All done... I have finished all my packing - WAHOO!!! I even packed our toothbrushes. I plan on living out of our suitcase for the rest of the week :rotfl2:

I even paid all my bills for the month AND went to the bank! I am usually packing the night before anything and freaking out so this is really big! Can you tell I am excited!

Now, how do we get through the next few days? I work Wed and Thurs but will be traveling on Friday... so close !!!

Renee, thanks for the tour info - I am going to try and make that one but if I am not there... no worries, I probably just got carried away drinking a margarita :cool1:

Can't wait to meet you all...

Katy :wave:

Looks like everyone is packing, or left already!

I've got a list a mile long of last minute things to do tomorrow, and then we're flying out Friday morning at the crack of dawn. Spending a day at Port Orleans Riverside before the cruise. Last I saw, the weather will be pretty chilly for swimming in Florida, but perfrect for a day in one of the parks or doing some shopping!

Can't wait to meet you all on board!!!
Deb

One full day of work to go!

I just had to see the countdown so low!

Scott

:cool1: My mom and I went and got our nails done today, so we're ready!

I'm looking forward to meeting all of you onboard Saturday. See you at 3pm, Deck 10, side closest to the port overlooking the Goofy pool.

Denise :banana:

:cloud9: I woke up this morning more than an hour before the alarm clock was set to go off and as soon as I realized that we are leaving at 6:00am TOMORROW, I got that "little kid day Christmas Eve" feeling in my tummy and coulndn't sleep! So I got up and tried to think of anything I FORGOT to pack (and there WERE items I forgot!)...I think I'd better pull an actual packing list off the net and go make sure I don't forget anything else! I just printed off the spreadsheet with everyone's names. See everyone in TWO days!!! :wave2:

Stacy

I don't know if any of you remember a Disney commercial from about 4 years ago, when the dad his trying to get his kids to bed before their big Disney vacation, and the little boy sits up and squeals, "I'M TOO EXCITED TO SLEEP!". That's been me, all this week. I'll be exhausted by the time we get there. And even when I can sleep, I'm having bad dreams that I forgot something big--not just items, but events! Like you Denise, I drempt (is that a word?) that I slept through our day in St. Thomas. Worse yet, that I forgot all about our Palo ressies! Let's hope this is one vacation, where my dreams don't actually come true! :wave2:

"worse yet, that I forgot all about our Palo ressies! Let's hope this is one vacation, where my dreams don't actually come true! "

Mickeyfan9194,

Those are not dreams, but nightmares!! :rotfl2:

We'll all be fine, because, hey, we're on vacation.
I have nails to be done this afternoon, packing today along with ironing and trying on last minute clothes....oh, and buying someone some shoes!!!!
My room is a disaster! :confused3

See you soon!!!

Last day of work for me! After this, I go home, pick up my daughter and we are getting our fingers and toes done... then last minute packing and we leave tomorrow morning. Today is already going soooo slow. :earboy2:

Tomorrow at this time, I will be getting ready to get on the shuttle bus going over to the terminal. Wahoo!!!

I love to hear what everyone is doing to get ready for the trip - just makes me more excited (if that is possible!)!

Katy

2kidsrgreat said:
Last day of work for me! After this, I go home, pick up my daughter and we are getting our fingers and toes done... then last minute packing and we leave tomorrow morning. Today is already going soooo slow. :earboy2:

Tomorrow at this time, I will be getting ready to get on the shuttle bus going over to the terminal. Wahoo!!!

I love to hear what everyone is doing to get ready for the trip - just makes me more excited (if that is possible!)!

Katy

You all have been sleeping this week? I am scared I will over sleep our ride tomorrow morning. (4:15AM off to the airport.) My husband is in L.A. and will not even be home until midnight tonight (maybe). I have one more day of work, too. I am so excited! :-)

In case I do not get on the boards again... Everyone have a safe trip and see you Saturday! (Remember -- Think "hot pink/bright pink" sun hat w/no kids and you will find the Pate family early. :-)

TTYS,
Renée

Last day of work for me too! DH has been off all week, so I've got him cleaning the house today. :teeth:

After work, I'm going to get my nails done (first time ever!) Then the last minute items should be able to go in the suitcase. Have to remember to check the kids backpacks to make sure they have everything they need for the flight, water the plants, take the trash out, take the dog to the neighbor's house (I'm going to miss him so much!), charge the cell phones, and TRY to get to bed early. Wow, I guess that's still a lot to do, but at least it's fun (not days away anymore). :banana:

4.5 hours for me! I guess getting your nails done is the thing to do because I had mine done yesterday. My mom and I also went and got spray tans last night. We'll be the fair skinned freckled people who mysteriously have tans! I'll be in a large group - 17 - with the dreaded matching t-shirts on embarkation day! I know, we're goobers.
I'm completeley ready. The kids will be doing homework today, and I'll be watching the time :teeth: DRAG by.
Tammy

Hi All,

We are all packed and almost ready. I am working half day to get ready Oscars when we return. :rotfl2: DW is working today tring not to repack for the 4th time. :worship: DS has all his homeschooling home work packed for the plane. 23 hours we will be airborne.

We are very excited DW and I had our nails done on tuesday. Actually she goes weekly so no big deal. she will be the short HOT blonde with long nails. I got a pedcure so my feet will look good in sandles. I will be the 6' 220 man chasing a 9 yr old around all week. :rotfl:

Can't wait to meet everyone Saturday. :hourglass

Kevin :love2: Sana :wave2: Jon

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter