2 Adults-Lugging stuff around the park??

kim532

DIS Veteran
I have bought what I think are essentials that need to be carried around the park. Are they really??? We are not big into carrying stuff around with us at Theme parks( just me and DH, No kids yet) Here is my list:

Squeeze Breeze bottle
pochos(small disposable kind)
1.5 L bottle with insualtion to keep it cool with a strap so it can be worn over shoulder.
Camera and extra film
2- 2- way radios ( in case I get tired and DH wants to get going, I swear that man has never ending energy)
Misc. First AId items(band Aids and such) also medicine for headaches.

I know for some of you guys, that probably doesn't seem like a lot. But I have a purse that is like a backpack to carry most of this in. This is my first summer trip and I am worried about the heat. Any advice. DO any of the other couples carry all this stuff around? I understand the need with kids( you guys with children are probably use to carrying stuff around with you all the time anyway) Any advice is appreciated.

I carry almost nothing. I take a small purse with me (that has a long strap that I loop across my body). It holds my sunglasses case, money, ID, credit card, room key, key to luggage lock. I also have a Mickey camera case that I also loop over me that holds my camera and film (before I got it, the camera and film got crammed in the purse). That is all I carry with me. If it is supposed to be cool at night, I might bring a sweatshirt with me and put it in a locker. The last 2 years I went with three friends, one of which always carries a water bottle with her, so she found a purse that would hold her water bottle. If one person was gonna be a sweatshirt or jacket, we all would and then just store it in a locker til we needed it. I personally do not want to have to worry about lugging things around, securing them on rides, and just plain losing them :)

We went to nearby amusement park today and we were so glad we had our mister fan with us. I got my money's worth out of it in 1 day.

DH and I just take a fanny pack. In it goes the camara, extra film, sunscreen, comb (I hate having my hair be tangled), Advil, Bandaids, hand sanitizer and baby wipes, lip sunscreen, and of course money, room key (which also works as a credit card), and driver's licenses for ID (we don't look 21). It sounds like a lot, but I get small ones of each of these and fit them in an average fanny pack. I put the sunscreen in a small shampoo or handcream container.

I think that a fanny pack is cooler than a backpack, and you don't have to worry about remembering to pick it up if you put it down. You do have to check the size of the waist band though if you think you may want your DH to wear it sometimes. Many of them have ladies size waist bands.

You seem to be on the right track. It's not fun to carry too much around the parks on a hot day. You will be much happier with the bare minimum. We went in April with a backpack which we switched off between three of us. It had snacks, one bottled water, camera and film and maps, two way radios, sunglasses, kleenex, bandaids, handiwipes, aspirin, brush. I didn't mind when it was my turn because it was April, but I think I would have minded if it was very hot and humid outside. As it wound up, we didn't use the two way radios and the bottled water and camera and supplies could have been carried in another way easier. We had alot of snacks for four of us that saved money though. I would take the suggestions above and carry as little as possible, but a must is water any time of year!

Just got back. I carried a purse with a long strap (loop across the body) on everyday but the last day when I had a fanny pack (I had the plane tix and extra travelers cheques and money--about $500 total) and felt that a fann pack was safer than a purse. In my purse was:
2 ponchos in a ziploc bag
small travel hand sanitizer
small travel sunblock
resort keys, park tix, drivers lic, and insurance cards (i had a small plastic cover--the kind that you put pictures in to organize all the cards)
travelers cheques and cash
key to room safe
film
advil
chapstick

my boyfriend carried the water (plastic container in a soft insulated container) that he looped around hi body. we found a small camera case and strapped it onto the water bottle. On days when he wore card shorts we moved some of the items in my purse into his extra pockets.

I used to carry a camera, film, medicine, water...the works. NOT ANYMORE!! There's nothing more miserable than a hot day with a lot to carry around. I know it's not cost-effective, but when we get thirsty we stop and get something to drink. Hey, we're on vacation so I don't mind spending $20-$30 extra on beverages. To us, it's worth it just to not have to carry stuff around.

I bought a little zipper packet with a snap that attaches to a belt loop (from LLBean). It's very light-weight and either me or DH can attach it to our shorts. In it I put our room keys/passes, money, licenses, credit card, little pill box, and kleenex.

DH and I carried:
Money
Camera
Extra roll of film
Pennies/Quarters (I love pressed pennies)
Blister block

I put this stuff in my purse. We tried to do the water bottle thing one day and that lasted about 30 minutes! LOL!! We couldn't stand carrying the bottles around. Just wasn't worth it to us.

I carry camera small one on belt money and Id and passes in pocket thats it.:p :p :p

my husband and i each carry a fanny pack. his carries two bottles of water and mine one. we also have park passes small wallets car keys, advil bottle, sunglasses and in mine room for my camera or walkie talkie if needed. We've been quite a few times so we plan iour camera visits accordingly. we go in the summer so we don't bother with ponchos i'd rather be wet than smoldering in plastic. The fannie packs are great because it keeps your hands free.

I would defenitely take the radios! It makes life so much easier. If you don't seem to need them after the first day you can always leave them in the hotel.

Have fun!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter