2 great days at Disney with a toddler - any questions?

bc7ate9

DIS Veteran
Hey all!

We are driving home after a quick 2 day visit to Orlando with our 2.5 year old (her very first trip - and our first with a kid!) We stayed offsite and did Magic Kingdom on Friday and Epcot on Saturday - open to close both days! The pandemic obviously made things very different, but we had an awesome time anyway. I have 8 hours to kill on the drive home so if you have any questions about the current state of things, ask away! 2DE9055D-6EB6-4B70-AF1F-EDF9916F5CB1.jpeg

Hey all!

We are driving home after a quick 2 day visit to Orlando with our 2.5 year old (her very first trip - and our first with a kid!) We stayed offsite and did Magic Kingdom on Friday and Epcot on Saturday - open to close both days! The pandemic obviously made things very different, but we had an awesome time anyway. I have 8 hours to kill on the drive home so if you have any questions about the current state of things, ask away! View attachment 559633
I have a question. We’re on our way now. My daughter and 2 year old granddaughter are with us. How did you manage to get your child to keep her mask on?

I have a question. We’re on our way now. My daughter and 2 year old granddaughter are with us. How did you manage to get your child to keep her mask on?
We practiced at home for a couple weeks. We bribed her with stickers at first - she could have a sheet of stickers to stick in her book, but only if she kept the mask on. We also let her pick out her own masks - Kohl’s has tons of fun designs and the elastic is adjustable and the have a wire in the nose so we shape it for maximum comfort. In the parks, EVERYBODY is wearing a mask so I think she just accepted it as normal. I was worried about it, but it ended up not being an issue at all.

Did you do a lot of rides? I’ve been reading that the crowds are crazy. We went in September last year and the longest we waited was maybe 30 minutes. Planning on going again in April but I’m worried about keeping my almost 3 year old content in the lines.

Did you do a lot of rides? I’ve been reading that the crowds are crazy. We went in September last year and the longest we waited was maybe 30 minutes. Planning on going again in April but I’m worried about keeping my almost 3 year old content in the lines.
Yes, we did almost every ride our little one could do and many multiple times. I think if we’d wanted to do the “thrill rides”, that would’ve sucked up a lot more time. Only things we missed at MK were Astro Orbiters and Buzz - we’d saved them for last, but opted for another half dozen rides on the carousel instead. 😊

My husband and I are old pros and also liked going in September and very rarely waited in lines. This trip was very different. There were 30 min+ lines for most everything...but we kept watching the app and took advantage of times when waits dropped. Our daughter just accepted the lines as normal and didn’t have any issues. We played lots of “I spy”.

Hey all!

We are driving home after a quick 2 day visit to Orlando with our 2.5 year old (her very first trip - and our first with a kid!) We stayed offsite and did Magic Kingdom on Friday and Epcot on Saturday - open to close both days! The pandemic obviously made things very different, but we had an awesome time anyway. I have 8 hours to kill on the drive home so if you have any questions about the current state of things, ask away! View attachment 559633

I have a question! Where did you stay off-site? We have littles as well, and have never been to Orlando before and will likely be staying off-site but no clue where! So happy for you that you had a successful trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter