2009 Discussion-We'll make time fly by!

Our next trip will be (God willing!) in January 2009, for my ds' 16th b-day and dh's big 4-0. :) We hope to stay at the WL, but may have to do a moderate, or split the stay. We will have to see! :) But we're already saving for the trip! :thumbsup2

We are going this Dec. for another pre-Christmas trip, but we won't go again until Jan. 2009. My older DD will be in Middle School by then so we will need to go on MLK week. She will have 2 days off and 3 half days, so it is a perfect week for us. Youngest DD will still be in elementary school, so for her it'll be ok to miss some time.

DH and I are going in Oct '07, but our next trip after that won't be til '09 :-( We are thinking March or April '09, taking my little sis and mom with us to WDW on my sis's Spring Break from high school.

We're just back and now planning our next trip for end June beginning of July 2009...my 40th Birthday. It's the only way for me to stay sane (relatively speaking that is!!!). I'm so happy that I'm not the only nutter out there, keep the excitement coming.

After this year, I'm going to skip a year :scared1: and go back again sometime in 2009. 2 friends of mine are going that year to celebrate their wedding anniversary (not sure how many years...) and they are doing an "open invite" to all of us. I'm going to spend that time "needling" another friend to get him to go. So far, he's gone from "I WILL *NEVER* GO" (last year) to "I'm out of vacation time" (this year) to (so far) to "I'll consider it".

What a great thread! Count me in as a 2009 - it'll be a big trip for my 40th birthday and I already have friends that have said they'll be coming with as well to help celebrate. Now I just have to decide if I want to go in late Sept/early Oct - when I know we'll still be able to swim, do MNSSHP and the parks have been great the last two times we went during those month. OR - do the week after Thanksgiving or first week of December (my b-day is actually in early Dec)

Decisions, decisions :goodvibes

always happy to find people like me :cool1:
we just got back (July20-31st) it was the longest trip we ever took!! I loved it, and my dd loved it (turning to be just like her mom) :hug:

however 'the boys' have had it with the July heat and crowds. We have been 2 yrs in a row now - in July. This time we stayed so much longer in hopes to slow down, more days off....but it was still just ridiculously hot!

So we're taking a break from going next summer :mad: and I am supposed to be researching our options of either Feb. or April. vacations.
and looking at alternative places to stay (family of 5)

It's okay with me, I love the planning part :rotfl:
it's the coming home I don't like

Can I join in even though I am a 2010 person? Need some friends who are in my same boat. I will be thrilled when it is 2009 because then I know I can say next year I will be at Disney and also I can book our trip in 2009.

Guess what!!!! We moved our trip up a year to September 2009 so I can officially join in now!!! :woohoo:

Less than 2 years to go :banana: !! I am so excited...We are thinking of becoming DVC members, so I've stopped thinking about planning the trip, and have started thinking about becoming a member :yay: .

Here's to time flying by popcorn::

I just used a on-line calculator to figure out what day I could book a room...

March 16 2008

:bored:

can you point me in the direction of the on-line calculator you used? can't wait to find out when i can book it............:thumbsup2

My sons and I went to Disneyworld for the first time in March, and it's all the three of us can talk about. I was thinking that the next time I can afford to go would be Christmas of 2009, but I am not sure if I can wait that long. The last few nights I have been dreaming about disneyworld, and find myself making plans of where I want to eat, how many days we should stay and what we should do at the parks already. I am afraid that I am going to lose my mind.
I am glad that there are others out there who understand my pain!!!!

It looks like the next time we will be able to go back will not be until May or June '09. I would LOVE to go Dec '08 but with work and DD's school I don't think we can swing that. I'm glad there are others that are also planning '09 trips too!!

We got back from our WDW vacation a little over a week ago and I am already thinking about our next trip in 2009!:hourglass My husband had such a great time that he said we need to go at least every two years! But I am hoping after the next trip he will want to go every year!! :banana:

We got back from our WDW vacation a little over a week ago and I am already thinking about our next trip in 2009!:hourglass My husband had such a great time that he said we need to go at least every two years! But I am hoping after the next trip he will want to go every year!! :banana:

Do you have the month picked out for when you are going in 2009 or where you are staying? We are going in September and going back to POP.

earlier I posted we were waffling between February and April..... I have an update to report :lmao:
we have decided on February
my only concern is flying out from New England in February. but I'll take the worry for the cooler weather ( we are done going in July :laughing: )
got the month down,,,,,,,,,,
now narrowing down where to stay :rolleyes:
I love planning

I also love the planning. I have my notebook and all my spreadsheets. I don't need all that stuff but it is fun. My dh thinks I am crazy I think but he knows it helps pull off the perfect trip.

Do you have the month picked out for when you are going in 2009 or where you are staying? We are going in September and going back to POP.

It will most likely be August again because my husband is a teacher. And we really enjoyed our stay at Pop Century, so we are planning on staying there again.

We stayed one night at CSR, and it was nice but for us we didn't feel the extra cost to stay there was worth it. Plus after only one night we all ended up with cuts on our legs from the metal that was holding the beds up!

We leave in 13 days for a quick 4-day trip, staying at ASMo.

July 2009 will be a big 10-day affair with a split stay at AKL and CR.

We leave in 13 days for a quick 4-day trip, staying at ASMo.

July 2009 will be a big 10-day affair with a split stay at AKL and CR.

We are doing a 10 day trip also in 2009. This will be my longest trip ever and I am so excited.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter