2009 Discussion-We'll make time fly by!

I just bought the Wishes soundtrack, so I can have some Disney at home while we wait!!!!!:cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:
We are also going to do a 10 day stay can't wait.
Only three more months and I will only have to wait 2 more years :hourglass

I am concerned about airline prices for February ('09 of course). We have driven down in '06 and just this past July we flew southwest with an incredible ding of $44 one way. The last time we flew was Nov '01.

Should I be worried about airline prices in Feb. we have a family of 5 and the air travel is a huge consideration. I'm sure we will never be able to get as great of a deal as we did this summer :cutie:

We would like to go for 10 days in 2009 as well. I'd loved to go for Christmas, but I'm so afraid we'd have bad weather and wouldn't be able to fly out. Oh well, as long as we get to go back. The school calendar for 2008-2009 will be out in Feb, then the serious planning can start.

I just bought the Wishes soundtrack, so I can have some Disney at home while we wait!!!!!:cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:
We are also going to do a 10 day stay can't wait.
Only three more months and I will only have to wait 2 more years :hourglass

I am excited because in 9 more days I can do the 2 year dance :banana: Everyone around me here thinks I have lost it but I know you guys all understand the excitement. Then I can finally say 1 year and ____ months until disney. I like that sound of 1 year much better than 2.

How many days will your trip be?

What month are you planning on going?

Are you going to book as soon as the rates come out next summer?

How are you going to book? With a TA or on your own?

We are going for 10 days.
We are looking at the middle of September.
plan to book as soon as the rates come out.
Going to try Dreams Unlimited for the first time.

13 or 14 days!

We are planning on going in Aug. thinking of the 3-15 (or 16), but this could always change depending on where my husband is teaching at.

Not sure yet!

I have only booked once and it was through Disney so I am going to look into other options. Just not sure what that might be!

~^*It looks like 10 days.

~^*July. I'm a teacher, so I don't have a choice :rolleyes1 !

~^*OH YEAH!!!!! I can't wait :thumbsup2 !

~^*I will be calling 407-DISNEY! We have decided against the time share, so it looks like we'll be staying at Poly!

We are planning on our second cruise on the Disney Magic for March 2009. I have a reservation for Dec 08 but I need to move it to March 09 once they open up the dates.

I am going to add a couple of days to the start of the trip at Disney and maybe add a couple of days after. But I also want to go to Disneyland in CA in the summer of 2009 so I might save the vacation days for that trip.

:confused3

DH looks at me yesterday and says "do you think we could go to Disney, not next year, but the year after?" :rolleyes1 I say "yeah, I guess so":lmao: It might turn into a big family trip, which would be cool! I'm so freakin' excited! :cloud9:

Then DD9 sees a picture today and says "mom, can we go back to Port Orleans again?" I say "maybe one of these days":yay:

So, I guess I'm joinin' the club!

Wow, I am so happy there are other people out there - as obsessed with Disney as I am. We are going Jan 25 2008, and I can't imagine that we won't be going Jan 25, 2009!! My DH and I talk about it all the time.

Yeah for Dinsney fans!!!

This time in 2 years (2009) we will be on our way to WDW! I know you 2009 folks will understand my little celebration.

hohummmmmmm

time is NOT flying by for me! I just read the *LIVE* report from the poly, and I have to say, I'm sad :sad2: It's just too far away! I talk about the trip everyday (okay, so sometimes I talk to MYSELF about the trip, but that still counts!). My dd's have become HUGE Lion King fans over the last few weeks, and I'm hoping to get my fix when Playhouse Disney comes in November.

You know it's bad when you log onto your Chase Visa card just to check out how many DISNEY POINTS you have...:blush:

2008 will most likely be the first year since 2001 we won't do Disney. :sad1: We're hoping to take our grandaughter in '09, when she will be 2.5 yo.

We are planning on doing the Disney 7 night cruise again for March 2009 but they have not opened it for booking yet. Plus I want to stay at AKV that year as well.:thumbsup2

Okay so it's less than a year until we can book and I'm in a quandry:confused:, do we choose the Poly due to the proximity to MK (our fav park), the BC due to it's proximity to quite a few places or go back to WL which we fell in love with this year:love: . We've never stayed at Poly or BC, leaning towards Poly but the varity or eateries in the surrounding area and pool are drawing us to BC. DH has mad the point "what if we don't like any of these places and regret not going back to WL?" I need some opinions from the experts....do you know feeling that I'm in a quandry and asking questions keeps me excited and makes the time go in quicker (yes I know I'm a bit mental but it makes me happy so hey ho!!):rotfl:
Thanks in advance for any input :thumbsup2

I feel the same way. We may not be leaving anytime soon, or have reservations for that matter. But asking questions and hanging out here keeps the excitement going. We are planning on staying at poly. It was between that and WL. I went back and forth a dozen times. I haven't been to either one, and WL looks fantastic. However, the convenience of Poly had a big hand in the decision.

I am so excited! '09 can't get here soon enough!

Was ten now trying to stay for twelve

december, maybe trying to push it up for spring break of 2009 (if i did that then I would be under the two year mark:banana: :banana: )

I plan on booking as soon as I can

last year (our first trip ever) I used mouse fan travel and loved it

I am now trying to decide if I should stay at pop or all star movies, we are going to go to a value resort and stayed at movies and loved it, but I am thinking maybe pop this time, oh I wish time would fly faster

Glad I found this thread!!! We went for the first time as a family (first time ever for DH and kids, my first time as an adult) this past April/May and it was soooo wonderful, can't wait to go back!!

We're looking at end of April/beginning of May again fro 2009. We found crowds manageable, weather good. We drive down from Ohio (DH does not fly) and want to stay 7 nights. DS started Kindergarten this year, so now we're into having to take him out of school. He'll be in first grade 2009 (and DD still in preschool), so I think taking him out for a week (which they are allowed, BTW) towards the end of the year is also better than earlier in the year. Anyways, here's my answers:

7 nights, 7 days I think. This past time we stayed our arrival night off-property, than 6 nights on to save $$. If we can swing it, I'd like to just stay all 7 nights on property to simplify and also get add'l dining credits (assuming we use DDP again) so I can take DD to CRT.

Oh, and at the Poly again!! I loved it so much, can't imagine staying elsewhere now!!

end of April/beginning of May..likely April 25th- May2nd

I'll probably wait for the package rates to come out in August/September.

Through AAA

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter