2010 Princess Half Marathon and Flower & Garden Fest Trip!

You have such wonderful pictures of the events!!! Did you have to stop a lot to take the pictures? It was was very difficult during the wine and dine half for me to get any good ones at night time. Yours are so awesome and I love reading about the race :goodvibes I agree that .1 is the worst!!

You have such wonderful pictures of the events!!! Did you have to stop a lot to take the pictures? It was was very difficult during the wine and dine half for me to get any good ones at night time. Yours are so awesome and I love reading about the race :goodvibes I agree that .1 is the worst!!

Thank you!

I did not stop for most of them, although I did pause for some. I took a lot more pictures than what I'm posting; some are blurry and some are just blah. I agree night photos are far more difficult; that is a large part of why I had so many more good photos towards the end of this race than the beginning - the sun came up!

I Love all the pics and info about the race. i can't wait to run it myself in 2012. WTG on crossing the finish line:thumbsup2

Thanks!

I hope to get another update posted tonight.

i have really enjoyed your updates Bethany. I felt almost like I was there cheering you on! Can't wait to read how the rest of the trip went with an achy and tired body goes.

Awesome! I am so proud of you! And such great pics along the way. I love the fairies. Too cute. Can't wait to hear what happens next!!:thumbsup2

i have really enjoyed your updates Bethany. I felt almost like I was there cheering you on! Can't wait to read how the rest of the trip went with an achy and tired body goes.

Thanks!

Awesome! I am so proud of you! And such great pics along the way. I love the fairies. Too cute. Can't wait to hear what happens next!!:thumbsup2

Thanks!

What happens next is coming up! And what makes you think I was tired? :lmao:

I left off at the Finish Line. Once you pass through the line, there are people standing around to hand out medals. They actually put it on you while you stand there, as if you are on the medal stand at the Olympics. :goodvibes I love that ALL finishers get the medal, whether you are first or last. It really is an accomplishment. I believe the first few finishers in each category get something extra, but I never looked into it because I knew it wouldn't be me!

The area after the finish line is actually the same area where we assembled and waited around prior to that long walk in the dark to the start line. There were many port of potties, some food distribution, and some places to spend money. The food was some fruit, bagels, and Powerade and water. It was free (well, included in the race fee) for all participants. You could get your medal engraved at one tent, buy race merchandise at a gift shop tent, and there were some other tents. I know first aid and an info station were there.

There was also the bus area for people staying at resorts with the transportation. The bus situation was interesting. There were signs by each bus with their resort, similar to all the WDW bus stations. And, like the typical bus stops, we got a situation like this:

I thought this like was long. It was for the Port Orleans resorts.
2292879140106080727NkwLrk_fs-M.jpg

You can see the very tiny line getting into the yellow Mears bus (they were supplementing Disney Transport buses) for people going to Old Key West.

Then, I saw my line. :scared1:
2138439320106080727HGLUUL_fs-M.jpg

I believe Morgan texted me while I was still in that line that she was already in bed at her resort!

I finally got to the front of the line and on the bus, only for it to be standing room only. :headache: Do you know how badly I wanted to SIT by this point?! At least I was staying at Sports, so we did get to get off the bus first!
2789004270106080727zOrajM_fs-M.jpg

I finally made it back to my resort. The baseball section really was not all that far from the bus area, but it sure felt like it this time! And I think I took the elevator and not the stairs. I had a good reason. My legs were tired. :laughing:

I got back to the hotel and needed to take a bath. I had heard to take a cold one so it helps your muscles. I cannot remember exactly what I did, maybe a cold shower first? But I do remember that I had bought bath bombs at Basin at DTD the night before. One of the ones I bought was a "therapy bath bomb". The selling point on the sign for this bath bomb is
Do your body a favor. This bath bomb is filled with epsom salts and plumeria scent to help soothe your tired, aching muscles.

I was counting on this thing to do what it said!

I fell asleep in the bath tub. For how long? I don't know. Maybe an hour. I only woke up when the water was chilly!

I guess that means the bath bomb was soothing! :rotfl:

I decided to take a nap in the bed. I don't know...something about comfort. :laughing:

I couldn't fall asleep! I was thinking about how here I was in WDW, and only for a few days, that what was I doing spending it SLEEPING?! I tried to sleep for an hour, then finally just gave up.

The time stamp on the picture of boarding the bus is 10:39. The time stamp on a picture of entering the Magic Kingdom is 2:07. I was at the resort for less than 3 hours. And let's not forget this quote from post 77 in this report, referring to getting up for the half marathon...which was earlier this same day.
And if you recall, my flight was at 6:30 the morning before; I had only gotten about 4.5 hours of sleep on Friday night. And 3.5 hours on Saturday night.

Yes, 8 hours of sleep between 2 nights. Sounds like the perfect way to prepare for a half marathon.

Sleep tally....9 hours since Friday, and it's now about 1 in the afternoon on Sunday, and I'm heading out with the intent on staying for Extra Magic Hours at the Magic Kingdom. :eek:

Up next: The Magic Kingdom!

After my brief stopover at the resort for my "nap", I went back out to the bus stop to catch a bus to the Magic Kingdom. Lori was cruising the topiaries at the Flower and Garden Festival over in Epcot, but we agreed to meet up in the Magic Kingdom. I didn't wait long for a bus from the resort, and there were only two other people on it. They had also done the Princess, as evidenced by the medals they were wearing.

For the rest of the weekend, Morgan and I, along with many other people, wore our medals. Cast members and strangers would congratulate us. Yes, it was a bit of bragging, but when else could I really wear my medal and enjoy it?

The bus ride was quick, and I spent it looking out the window and thinking about how earlier in the day I had walked it! It was much easier on a bus, especially this hill just outside of the Magic Kingdom!

2355994640106080727hcAdll_fs-M.jpg

I love making rope drop at the parks, but that usually involves long lines at bag check and at the entry point. Since it was early afternoon, very few people were entering at that time. I took the time to take a picture of the train station with a train in front.

2629940640106080727cSdVgG_fs-M.jpg

I was still giddy from the morning. I really was not sure I was going to finish, since my longest training walk/jog was 10 miles. This really made Disney's theme resonate with me. I HAD to get a picture of the banner!

2334270640106080727ldniDI_ph-M.jpg

I decided to take it slow while entering the Magic Kingdom, especially since Lori was still on her way from Epcot. I didn't want to go too far into the park.

I decided to take a picture of the backstage entry gate that is next to Tony's in the Town Square. This is the point where we entered the Magic Kingdom during the Half Marathon.

2130135970106080727mQXDHk_fs-M.jpg

As I made my way around the Town Square, I stopped to take the obligatory Castle photo. I did not take too many this trip, because Main Street was under construction with that decorated scaffolding. It's just not the same! I do like those balloons, though!

2157798130106080727jtqoGk_fs-M.jpg

I decided to browse the Emporium, to see what might jump out at me as something I need that I didn't realize before I entered. The cast members were playing jump rope and they had hula hoops laying around for people to play with. I did not join in, but I thought it was fun. It's always amazing to me how many different things are going on throughout Walt Disney World.

2558547720106080727yyjacU_fs-M.jpg

After a few minutes of browsing in the Emporium, I met up with Lori. I realized I had not eaten lunch. Actually, I had not eaten much all day. I
had some granola bars in the room before the Princess, that nasty energy stuff during the race, some Powerade, and a little bit of that post-race food. I really had not had anything substantial. We decided that first we should get a Fastpass for Space, so we could ride it later. It's one of my favorite WDW rides.

After grabbing the Fastpasses, we went to lunch at Pinocchios. I have no food pictures, because I forgot to take them since I was hungry. I do have a few pictures of Small World, since we were sitting above it. I like sitting there; it's a little odd to have people from the boats wave to you while you're eating, but I do like watching them go by.

On our way back to Tomorrowland, we passed by the Tea Cups. For a long time, they've had a sculpture garden thing of the Mad Tea Party.

2050603020106080727cJvdyf_fs-M.jpg

What I had not noticed in the past was a big leaf with a quote on it. The author of the quote is also the author of the book The Last Lecture. It's a book that is on my "to read" list. This quote makes me stop and think, and it wasn't something I was expecting to see in Fantasyland!

2713043460106080727SkysyW_fs-M.jpg

After going from Main Street to Tomorrowland and then Fantasyland, we ended up back in Tomorrowland to ride the TTA. I have no idea what it's official name is now, since they seem to keep changing it, but I love the little Peoplemover. I do miss the old spiel they had with the corny jokes. I seem to remember something about "it's time to take the time to travel through time" and something about a "Mr. Morrow".

I love the TTA. I don't know what exactly what it is, but I think it's the chance to sit down, feel the wind in your face, and see glimpses of activity all around Tomorrowland. And, it curves enough that I never quite remember the route from trip to trip, even though it hasn't changed. There's an element of surprise for me.

2899882840106080727oTXlfC_fs-M.jpg

2240801030106080727bTjhex_fs-M.jpg

After the classic TTA, we had to do the classic COP. Carousel of Progress is one of those hidden treasures. It seems to be overlooked by a lot of people, but I love it. It's a little corny, but it's a must do for me. Must be some sort of nostalgia. I wonder if I would like some of the things at WDW if I had not grown up with them. I'm never quite sure if it's the ride itself I am enjoying, or if it's the happy memories the ride is bringing up that makes me like Disney World (and Disneyland) so much!

The area after the finish line is actually the same area where we assembled and waited around prior to that long walk in the dark to the start line. There were many port of potties, some food distribution, and some places to spend money. The food was some fruit, bagels, and Powerade and water. It was free (well, included in the race fee) for all participants. You could get your medal engraved at one tent, buy race merchandise at a gift shop tent, and there were some other tents. I know first aid and an info station were there.
How Disney is that? You get off the ride and there's a gift shop to greet you! :rotfl:

After going from Main Street to Tomorrowland and then Fantasyland, we ended up back in Tomorrowland to ride the TTA. I have no idea what it's official name is now, since they seem to keep changing it, but I love the little Peoplemover. I do miss the old spiel they had with the corny jokes. I seem to remember something about "it's time to take the time to travel through time" and something about a "Mr. Morrow".
"Paging Mr. Morrow. Mr. Tom Morrow. Your party from Saturn has arrived. Please give them a ring."

Do I get to place a bet on how late you stayed at EMH? You are our Disney Energizer Bunny! :thumbsup2 However, I'm wondering how you fared once you got some nutrition in you... More, please! :flower3:

How Disney is that? You get off the ride and there's a gift shop to great you! :rotfl:

"Paging Mr. Morrow. Mr. Tom Morrow. Your party from Saturn has arrived. Please give them a ring."

Do I get to place a bet on how late you stayed at EMH? You are our Disney Energizer Bunny! :thumbsup2 However, I'm wondering how you fared once you got some nutrition in you... More, please! :flower3:

Of course there was a gift shop! We expect nothing less!

Ahhhh, thanks. I knew it involved Saturn somehow. :rotfl:

Would you like to take a guess?

I came on here to add an update, so here it comes!

After we rode the Carousel of Progress, we met up with a friend I hadn't seen in awhile. She moved to Celebration and she was able to pop over to the MK for a little while. It was great seeing her again, even though it really was very short. We went on Buzz Lightyear. Usually, I get scores of far less than 100,000. I am sure there have been times my score has been less than 10,000. Well, since Christine can visit the park whenever she wants, she is aware of some of the sweet spots on Buzz! She pointed one out to me, and I got my BEST SCORE EVER!!! I think it was the first room, on the left side of the very first robot on the left side of the car that was where I hit my jackpot.

Of course, I HAD to take a picture of my Second Big Accomplishment of the day:
2374846410106080727MjFlBO_ph-M.jpg

Believe it or not, I do not have many photos from the afternoon. I guess I was just having too much fun to remember to take pictures! The three of us (Lori, Christine, and I) met up with Morgan in her mom in the gift shop that is across from Buzz (Star Traders?) and we browsed in there for a little bit. I don't remember buying anything. I realize I spend a good bit of time looking at things in Disney gift shops, but I don't bring home a lot of stuff. This is good for my bank account, but maybe I could get more rides done if I'm not always browsing! Besides, their stuff is not as good as it used to be. :( We were having a good conversation while browsing, so all was not lost! It's much easier to chat while shopping or eating than while saving the planet from the Evil Emperor Zurg.

Considering Chrstine lives in the area and has normal day to day things to take care of, she had to leave. Morgan and her mom decided to split off to go to more rides, while Lori and I split off to do more rides. A few minutes later we found each other again in the Haunted Mansion line.

After the Haunted Mansion, Lori and I went to split one of those ice cream cookie sandwiches I had on my "Must Eat" list from my planning session. Neither one of us wanted to walk all the way back to Main Street, so we got one at Sleepy Hollow in Liberty Square. The cookie was a little overcooked, but otherwise it was great as always!

2704704460106080727XRJmoE_ph-M.jpg

We walked over to Big Thunder Mountain Railroad to get a Fastpass. I wanted to do Splash Mountain, but it was getting dark and chilly and we
wanted to stay for quite some time more for the EMH. We only had three partial park days, we had to maximize our time!

We went on Pirates of the Caribbean and the Jungle Cruise. We had a great skipper and it was pretty dark, and we were laughing really hard almost the whole time. We also did the Tiki Room. When we came out, Spectromagic was running. We saw part of it before deciding we should get dinner during the parade before everybody got in line. We went into Pecos Bills for some burgers. We were able to see the parade from inside, even though it wasn't a great view.

After eating, it was time to use our Fastpasses. We went to Big Thunder. I love this ride, especially in the dark. There's just something about it. And Wishes was happening at the same time, so we kept seeing fireworks as we came around corners!

Before heading over to use our Space Mountain Fastpasses, we stopped at Small World. This is a classic and I like to ride it on every trip. And no, the song does not get stuck in my head. I even LIKE it; my favorite version of it is in the Polynesian room.

We went BACK to Tomorrowland. By some miracle I still have what seems like endless energy supplies, and I'm really not that sore. We ride Space Mountain and then TTA again two more times. At some point, we joined back up with Morgan, but I think her mother had gone back to their resort. (Smart woman, she is!) We went back on Buzz Lightyear one more time. I could not match my other score, but I sure came close!

2906501810106080727RAsgno_fs-M.jpg

We then went BACK to Fantasyland to catch a few more rides since the park was clearing out and the lines were getting shorter. I had hopes of hitting up most of Fantasyland. We did Winnie the Pooh. I start to show signs of getting a little sleepy, but I figure I can fit in another ride or two. Morgan was holding up okay because she had managed to get in a decent nap in the afternoon before returning to the park. She also had not had as much trouble sleeping the two nights prior. Lori was fine becuase she did not get up as early as us with us, and she was not too nervous to sleep the night before!

Bad idea. One thing about me is that I can be fine one minute and then very tired the next. It's rarely a gradual process, although many times I'll get tired but then get a "second wind" and I'll be fine for another few hours. I think I must have gotten a little tired earlier but missed it. Because while in the line for Peter Pan, I fell asleep. Standing up. I was fine when we got in the line, but by the time we had looped around to the part against the wall (maybe 20 minutes later?), I was leaning against that wall and dozing off. When the line moved forward, they nudged me and I moved up and dozed off again! I felt like a ton of bricks, like my body weighed 10 times it's normal weight, and it took everything in me to stay awake. It was that kind of tired that made it feel like a chore to breathe. Anyways, since I was already at the front of the line, I got on the ride, but I kept falling asleep! Over and over! It's a nice, gentle ride, but it rocks you back and forth- but not side to side. It rocks you backwards and forwards, like a rocking chair! I've never noticed that before, but when I was feeling like I was going to fall out of the seat, I would wake up. I spent the ride dozing in and out to the rhythm of the ship's rocking.

When we got off the ride, the fresh air helped some, but I was extremely tired. No more rides. I needed a bed, and as soon as possible! We made our way through the castle. I did manage at some point to take this, probably earlier in the evening:

2258059870106080727fgKTXr_ph-M.jpg

I do remember we stopped at Casey's and got some free ice water. It did help wake me up some, so the walk to the bus and the wait for it was bearable. I did fall asleep almost immediately on the bus, and slept the entire way back to the resort.

So how late did we make it in EMH? We pulled into All Star Sports right around midnight.

Coming Up: Hollywood Studios (errr, MGM) and the Flower and Garden Festival!!

I cannot believe you stayed up that late after that little of sleep...I can barely do that on a good nights sleep and especially after that half marathon!!! crazy!! :rotfl: I am tempted to take advantage of EMH night time at MK next time after reading this, usually I avoid it, but you have to make the most of your time :goodvibes

Did you get directly on a bus after the half marathon? the wine and dine had an "after party" but it was way too crowded to enjoy

I cant believe your scores on buzz, I walk out of the ride with blisters and hardly any points usually :lmao:

I cannot believe you stayed up that late after that little of sleep...I can barely do that on a good nights sleep and especially after that half marathon!!! crazy!! :rotfl: I am tempted to take advantage of EMH night time at MK next time after reading this, usually I avoid it, but you have to make the most of your time :goodvibes

Did you get directly on a bus after the half marathon? the wine and dine had an "after party" but it was way too crowded to enjoy

I cant believe your scores on buzz, I walk out of the ride with blisters and hardly any points usually :lmao:

I can't believe it either! It had to be pure adrenaline or something! A more typical touring plan for me involves being up for rope drop, getting a lot done in the early morning, then resting in the afternoon before going back to take advantage of the night shows and evening EMHs.

Morgan and I sat for a few minutes (on the ground) but then got on the bus. There was not a big party.

That's my usual Buzz routine, too! :lmao:

Hey checking in :thumbsup2

:thumbsup2 More is coming! And I have a Disneyland report to start also, from Labor Day Weekend!

We decided to sleep in a bit the next morning, but we wanted to make rope drop so we could get in and out quickly on Toy Story Mania, because I also still had not been to Epcot and I really wanted to browse around and see all the topiaries for the Flower and Garden Festival.

Heres the recap of the weekend:
~On Friday, I had gone to a full day of work, the last of a normal 5 day week. I went to bed at about 11pm but got up at 3:30am to finish packing before leaving for the airport at 5am. (Sleep = 4.5 hours)
~On Saturday, we went to the Princess Expo, Animal Kingdom, and Downtown Disney. I fell asleep around 11pm and got up at 2:30am!! (Sleep=3.5 hours)
~On Sunday, I did the Princess Half Marathon, took a nap, and went to the Magic Kingdom for the afternoon and evening Extra Magic Hours.
~By the end of EMH, my sleep tally for the weekend was 9 hours.

We got back to the resort at about midnight on Sunday. We planned to get up at 7. This brings my sleep total to about 16 hours for 3 nights combined, and Im the type that usually sleeps 7 or 8 hours a night! Its as if I pulled an all-nighter, AND Ive been doing heavy park touring AND a half marathon! :eek:This is NOT a recipe for success!

We did wake up around 7, and got all packed up and ready to go. We left the room around 8 or so, and we ate something :confused3 for breakfast in the food court before dropping off our bags at the luggage room. Since we were flying Southwest, we had already checked in to the airline. I used my Southwest App on my iPhone during dinner at Pecos Bills the night before! We would just need to check our bags once we got to the airport.

Today it was going to be just Lori and me. I had hoped to meet up with Morgan and her mother at least one more time, but it was not meant to be. :sad1:

We headed to the bus stop to catch a bus to Disneys Hollywood Studios, which is known by its initials MGM. ;) We must have just missed the official rope drop, the opening entertainment was still going, but few people were standing around to pay much attention to it!

2624170180106080727zkmgek_fs-M.jpg

I got a quick shot of that hat that nobody seems to like. I like it, but Im not crazy about its location. I like that its what you see when you enter the park, like all the other parks have an icon, but I dont like that it blocks the theater behind it.

2900008990106080727RWteNV_fs-M.jpg

I love the theming of this area, and how the toys are all over, even on the tops of the roofs. I also like how they have the real toy soldiers walking around doing morning crowd control!

2846431380106080727izhAFR_fs-M.jpg

2689799990106080727UWzkkC_fs-M.jpg

We got a Fast Pass! We must have really JUST missed rope drop  the FP is time stamped for 9:09!

2253352670106080727EkPYBM_fs-M.jpg

We got in the line at 9:10. The posted wait time was already 30 minutes!

2184104070106080727woZXWW_fs-M.jpg

I dont think we waited quite that long, but we did have enough time to get several shots throughout the queue. I love this queue area, and its cool that while youre walking through, it seems like many people are talking about their childhoods and you see a lot of pointing and I had that as a kid! comments.

I like this giant nightlight and electrical socket on the wall. Its one of those little Disney details that was not overlooked. It helps set the scene that you are small!

2168834420106080727ilUkDI_fs-M.jpg

This is another little detail, one that shows somebody has a little sense of humor. The prices were always higher in Canada, but never THIS much higher!

2493058610106080727enRiBw_fs-M.jpg

I love this. I had a Viewfinder growing up, and I know I had some Disney ones. The cool thing about this is that it actually has real pictures on it, just like a real Viewfinder slide!

2453184290106080727bOLAqa_fs-M.jpg

2748504880106080727yiaWfM_fs-M.jpg

Mr. Potato Head is the star of this queue! He talks and moves and holds up the line while everyone in the line acts like the paparazzi!

2649507940106080727grsJnK_fs-M.jpg

Clearly, my scores are not as good on Toy Story Mania as they were on Buzz Lightyear! :laughing: I think I was on the left, but Im not sure.

2044325520106080727ycAZRG_fs-M.jpg

After having a fantastic time on one of my favorite WDW rides, we went just down the street to One Mans Dream.

2980475260106080727qtFbJS_fs-M.jpg

If you have not visited this attraction yet, you should put it on your to do list for your next trip. Its a walk through exhibit of the history of Disney animation and the parks. There is also a short (10-15 minutes) video at the end of the exhibit that you can choose to watch. If youre into Disney history at all, its definitely worth the time!

2006425390106080727qAOoWJ_fs-M.jpg

This is from a video of him sketching an early version of Mickey:

2027342200106080727bkLcSq_fs-M.jpg

There are several scale models of castles and rides from Disney parks around the world. They are very cool in person, and the photos dont do them justice. This is a model of the castle at Disneyland:

2314440370106080727YEieqW_fs-M.jpg

This is a model of the Peter Pan dark ride! (Also known as , what I missed last night while I was sleeping! :rotfl:)

2556828720106080727KPyVeD_fs-M.jpg

We didnt spend a ton of time in the exhibit area, because the movie, which runs continuously, was about to start. We went to watch it, and by some miracle, I do believe we both stayed awake throughout the entire thing, although we both exited the theater feeling quite drowsy!
It was now time to use our Toy Story Mania Fastpass! This time, my score (and accuracy!) were even worse, although Lori seems to have improved her score slightly! Again, I believe I was on the left.

2874539510106080727xnmRzz_fs-M.jpg

I wish this trip had not been so short. Between the Princess Expo, the actual Princess Half Marathon, and flight times, I really only had Saturday afternoon, Sunday afternoon, and Monday morning for park time. I would have loved to stay at MGM and done several other things, such as Star Tours, The Great Movie Ride, and Rockin Roller Coaster. Anything but Sounds Dangerous!

However, I had to prioritize what I really wanted to do, and I really wanted to enjoy the Garden Festival since I had never seen it before. I HAD seen a glimpse of it when my family went in early June 2005, but I had never been when it was in full force. Im really not a gardener myself, but I like to enjoy gardening done by others!

Coming up next: Hopping to Epcot, with lunch in between!

I can't believe all of the things you were able to get done so far in this trip with of course lack of sleep :rotfl: You really made the most of your short trip, I know the race/race transportation and expo really ate up a lot of our time for the Wine and Dine race :sad2:

I still call Hollywood Studios "MGM"...it was really confusing DBF since this was his first trip to WDW

I need to get in the regular line for TSM, I really enjoyed the pictures you took in the queue, I love all the small details Disney has

Thanks...I know I'm getting tired just reading about this again. :rotfl:

I can't believe all of the things you were able to get done so far in this trip with of course lack of sleep :rotfl: You really made the most of your short trip, I know the race/race transportation and expo really ate up a lot of our time for the Wine and Dine race :sad2:

I still call Hollywood Studios "MGM"...it was really confusing DBF since this was his first trip to WDW

I need to get in the regular line for TSM, I really enjoyed the pictures you took in the queue, I love all the small details Disney has

I really did get a lot done. But it's making me want to go back and do all those things again along with the things I missed! :laughing:

I hope y'all like pictures! I'm uploading the pictures for the Flower & Garden Festival. I might change the title of this so it reflects the Garden Fest in addition to the half marathon.

I have walked between MGM and Epcot many times. I like it and think its actually faster than the boat if you are an average or faster walker. Ive even walked in it mid-August.

This time, we took the boat. The thought of walking that far when there was a boat available just sounded crazy! It was about 10:45 and I was already starting to feel the need to reserve energy.

The boat seemed very slow to me, as usual, but we had good seats outside in the back, so it felt good. We stopped first at the Swan & Dolphin before continuing on to our destination, the Yacht & Beach Club!

2922874340106080727EDigQV_fs-M.jpg

One of my favorite restaurants at WDW is Beaches & Cream. It is a family tradition to eat there, and I have eaten there on almost every trip Ive taken to WDW. This trip was no exception! And since we got there right around 11, we had no wait! We got in and we got to sit at a BOOTH! I do not remember the last time Ive sat at a booth there. The last several times we have sat at the counter because it was so crowded. I like the counter; its fun to watch them cook and rush around, but its hard to have a conversation when your family is sitting in a line facing the wall. I liked getting to sit at the booth with the little juke box!

I got my usual, the cheeseburger and fries and a chocolate milkshake! I love their shakes! And they are huge!

2755917640106080727FaBmnA_ph-M.jpg

2561646910106080727gSRCJK_ph-M.jpg

YUM! I am mostly glad I dont live near WDW; I know that for me the magic would wear off quickly. However, I there are times I wish I was close enough to go get a meal at Beaches and Cream, or go cool off from the heat by riding Kali River Rapids, or end the evening with a showing of Illuminations. Writing this trip report and going back through all of the pictures is making me want to go back!

After we ate, we took the short walk to Epcot. (I was NOT taking the boat for this part!) We walked past this fantastic beach. Too bad I cant just jump in the picture and relax on one of those lounge chairs in the sun right now!

2010761310106080727pCvXeF_fs-M.jpg

Actually, I cant really complain about our weather. Its warmer out now here than it was the day I took this picture I think! Yesterday was sunny and 82! A friend and I had snowballs at a picnic table outside Tuesday afternoon, and Monday some friends and I were eating meals outside.

All weather trade offers must include acceptance of our August. ;)

Further along the path to Epcot&.what gorgeous weather we had on our trip! It makes me want to go in spring more often! I have been to WDW in June, August (twice), October (twice), November, and December (twice). This was the only spring trip and it had such great weather! The fall weather was pleasant too. It was the summer and December weather that I wasnt particularly fond of. I still will go again, in any month, when the time is right!

2112176560106080727OmFKII_ph-M.jpg

Coming Up: Will I make it to ALL the topiaries at the Epcot Flower and Garden Festival? How many pictures did I really take of shrubbery?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter