2013/2014 Beach and Yacht FAQ, Fun & Friends ~ Aug, Sept, Oct, Nov, Dec & Jan ~

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are all checked into BC. We have a sv CL room with a view of illuminations...we just got finished eating from our balcony. We overlook the lobby...very nice view for standard in my opinion. So far we are loving it. All of the cast members have been so nice and helpful. I do have to say even though everyone says the lounge is small I have to say I was shocked at just how small. Otherwise the lounge has been great. We are close enough we could bring food back to the room. Off to HS tomorrow!

Oh exciting! Have a great trip!

Feeling pretty good. I have to be careful at the soccer field and not demonstrate myself the things I want the girls to do. All in all, I am lucky and am recovering quickly:)

Yes please be careful. My 13 year old plays a lot of soccer and his coach is right in the middle of all the practices. Lol. Try to restrain yourself.

I have also found it at TJMax, Marshall's and HomeGoods.....
Not sure if those stores are nationwide, but if you're in the Northeast, check them out.

I've been to two Marshall's and two TJ Maxx since you posted this and they've all been out of stock on Aquatics. :( I was able to pick up a few H2O+ items....exfoliators, lotion, etc but haven't been able to find any Aquatics items. I'm going to keep trying! Those stores are ALWAYS hit or miss. But I love them anyway!

Thanks for the heads up!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

I've been to two Marshall's and two TJ Maxx since you posted this and they've all been out of stock on Aquatics. :( I was able to pick up a few H2O+ items....exfoliators, lotion, etc but haven't been able to find any Aquatics items. I'm going to keep trying! Those stores are ALWAYS hit or miss. But I love them anyway!

Thanks for the heads up!

I saw them at Home goods last night on an end cap.

Okay- for all you AP people- What's the break even point for tickets vs an annual pass. We would have 3 trips in the next year. 2 trips would be 4 days of park usage, the final trip is an unknown length of time. Thanks!

I have been considering getting an AP because we are planning two trips, one in December and one at the end of April. We would normally buy a six day park hopper for one of these trips. But because we are planning two trips, I think we will save something like $228 for two annual passes over buying two six day park hoppers.

ETA:
Okay, here is the price breakdown for one adult ticket purchased on the WDW website:

annual pass with tax - $648.59 which would be an average of $216.20 per trip

one four day ticket(without park hopper) = $297.14, if you bought one for each of your three trips, it would be $891.42.

Even if you bought four day tickets for two of your trips and a one day ticket for your third trip, you would still save money by getting an annual pass.

If you normally buy park hoppers, then you would save money with an annual pass even if you only took two four day trips. since a four day park hopper costs $359.97 and two of them would be $719.94.

We always buy park hoppers. It is almost required for a stay at an Epcot resort. :goodvibes

The greatest advantage to AP is the Tables in Wonderland card, 20% off food and alcohol. It saves us enough to be worth the AP even if we only do one trip per year.

I upgraded my 4 day package tickets in May to an AP on my trip with my aunt knowing I was going to book a bounce back in Oct for me & DH. Before my May trip DH & I talked about it because DH loves Deluxe Dining planning which now says you save up to 15% whereas TIW saves 20%, you would think that would be a no brainier :scared:, but it took a lot to get through his thick head :lmao:. What it ended up being was he thought I'd be picky on price of what he ordered & not want to order appetizers or desserts (which is funny because we order what we want "in real life" anyways). I explained that with our last trip you're obligated with deluxe dining to order a drink, an appetizer, a meal & then dessert for each person which nice if your very hungry, you want to try a lot of things or you like all the options on the menu. Well I'm a picky eater, I don't like seafood, I don't like chocolate, I don't like peanut butter, I don't drink a lot of pop thats included in meal (prefer water or some cocktail) & I'm not that adventurous. I told Dh that sometimes the appetizers or desserts didnt sound good (& would maybe prefer to get something in one of the bakeries later instead) or maybe an appetizer sounded great for dinner, this way i can get exactly what i wanted. I also like that the alcohol is included in the 20% with Tiw. so as long as I told him he can order WHATEVER he wants (which was always my plan) he was agreeable to TIW. So I plan to buy TIW when we arrive in Oct.

Also it's nice to get the 10% mechantile discount in the stores with the AP. I used it my last night of May trip & saved some $.

Now the bad thing about APs that no one tells you......

IT ENCOURAGES MORE TRIPS :rotfl2:

I just booked a room only for Dec with my sister & nephew @ WL. I keep telling myself "well the tickets are paid for & I'll save $ with TIW & merchandise." :rotfl:

Then I'm still hoping for a spring trip with DH or with extended family too before AP expires! :goodvibes

http://touringplans.com/walt-disney-world/ticket-calculator has a ticket calculator that will show you all the different options and best values.

This website has all covered restaurants. >>> http://tablesinwonderland.com

Thanks for the links MickeyT

I created an Excel spreadsheet last night to calculate our savings if we bought a TiW card to use on our next trip. Using broad estimates for the ADR's we had planned for our six days trip, I figured we would save $84.60 with the TiW card in December. We have another trip scheduled in May and that is when we would start to see the savings on the card.

Although it is highly possible that I underestimated our expenses and will actually break even in December. ;)

For us, drinks and apps are more important than dessert, so TiW is a big win over the DP. Plus, my favorite dessert is a soft-serve Edy's cone over at Seashore Sweets anyway!
There is also the advantage of Disney math, i.e. I already have an AP & enough miles for free tickets so with the AP discount and TIW another trip is practically free! At least this is how my nerd brain works... :rotfl

Yep. That's how I think, but there's also that house we want to buy someday and that wedding we'd like to have .....sigh. I recently said to a friend, "I don't need to win the lottery, I just need about 14 thousand dollars to fall out of the sky. I feel like with that I could turn my world around."

To the uber nerdy types, buy gift cards at Target with their redcard debit card and prescription bonus...so 10% off, then buy the TiW

Friends if ours just did this

Or, if you are nerdy with too much time on your hands...

Purchase Walmart/Sam's Club gift cards from your kid's school fundraiser (2.5% of purchase price to school) and then use those gift cards to purchase Disney gift cards there (6% discount)

Clever, clever.

Scott, did you figure out anything about your flight times with JetBlue?

Not much. For now we're good. Again, I get out of work at 2:55 and work is 25 min from Logan Airport. DP (who btw has a name-Tom, and a screename here- JNPants) will be in a waiting car outside my work with our carry-ons. We're not checking any luggage. We will have our boarding passes printed, the ride to Logan will be a reverse commute as we live north of Boston, and even if the drive takes 40 min, that puts us at the airport just about an hour before our flight. We *should* be ok.

Thanks for the heads up!

It's touch-and-go. Sometimes it's there and sometimes it's not. I do have a large bottle of the Bath Aquatics lotion with a pump on top sitting on my desk at work- $4.99 at TJ Max.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

A little change to the Be Our Guest listing please - Caseystigger and I will be staying at the BC on October 18-23rd now. THANKS! :)

Seriously?!?!?!

I'm running to HomeGoods this morning! Thanks!!!!

I seem to live in home goods (unfortunately for my budget. Lol) and last night was the first time I saw them. You know all stores are different though do good luck!! Have they ever been at Ulta? I feel like I saw them there too at some point.

Logged into my ME and saw we could customize our bands today! I know there will be bugs and snags along the way, but I'm excited! :banana:

This vacation can not come soon enough!! :yay:

We checked in on Wednesday but today is our first full day at SAB... Just ordered a Sunken Treasure from Rocky!! Finally feels like vacation . Four nights at Vero was awesome. The next two nights at VWL not so much...just not my cup of tea.. Beach Club is home. As my 3 year old said "I love this place!" Saw the lovely Teena on Monday before she left for Jeanne's. need to figure out how to post pics.. Just got an iPhone and am tech challenged!

There is also the advantage of Disney math, i.e. I already have an AP & enough miles for free tickets so with the AP discount and TIW another trip is practically free! At least this is how my nerd brain works... :rotfl

Thats how my brain works... AP means park tickets are paid... Miles means airfare is paid... DVC means room is paid... TIW means food is discounted ... Disney costs me next to nothing = 6 trips this year!!

~N

Or, if you are nerdy with too much time on your hands...

Purchase Walmart/Sam's Club gift cards from your kid's school fundraiser (2.5% of purchase price to school) and then use those gift cards to purchase Disney gift cards there (6% discount)

Super über nerdy - you work for Target, save 10%, REDcard savings of 5% and RX Rewards of 5% = 18.5% Savings!! And DH turns all rewards in for disney giftcards. Magically however, we still overspend :confused3

My wife and I will be staying at the Beach Club, Garden View, club level for 4 nights 10/14-10/18. Please add us to the Be Our Guest list.
We have annual passes from last year that expire Nov.4.
We love the Food and Wine festival and try to go annually!

ski

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter