(2014-2020) Disney's GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA + VILLAS Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
We love the cabanas and usually do the morning hours which are 10 - 2. It comes with water and coke products and if you run out of anything, they are happy to replace them, it also come with a fruit basket. The cabana staff is very nice, they also will get lunch for you and use your meal plan if you have one. I believe the cost with tax for a half day is $211, we actually got a credit this year because a child pooped in the pool and they had to clear everyone out for over an hour and the cabana person got a credit for us since we only got less then a couple of hours at the pool that day. Otherwise I would have forgotten the price, they make you pay in advance now, years ago you paid when you showed up.

The DAS pass is very helpful for sitting close and getting a couple of extra FP passes during the day. We usually grab one on our way in, you can only have one at a time. That way you can ride the advance FPs while you wait for that return time. I also make sure we arrive at the tail end of our first FP return time, so I can get in right in to the second with hopes that the DAS FP time is ready when we're done. We sometimes get a second, but not that often because we usually go into the parks the later part of day and I plan dinner in whatever park we're in too to help get her out of the sun and heat, so there's not too much time. She is a girl, so worst comes to worst she always loves popping into stores and going for snacks..lol.

We usually get the cabana every other day and for the in between days we monorail hop and grab lunch at the Contempo Cafe or the Poly. We also usually go shopping around Disney Springs its slow moving and she pops in and out of the stores to get out of the sun and heat.

If there is anything else I can help you please don't hesitate to ask. I have been taking my DD to WDW since she's 2 and to be honest its easier then going to an island or pretty much anywhere else. I can manage an island vacation with her, but WDW is definitely more flexible and fun for her.

thank you, I was wondering how the DAS works! I will let you know if I can think of any questions :)

So my husband is saying no to Sugarloaf because we can save that money for another trip the following year !! I was going to just lie to him but I'm assuming that the IPO is going to call him ?! Can't remember if those are the right initials LOL I'm still half asleep...

So my husband is saying no to Sugarloaf because we can save that money for another trip the following year !! I was going to just lie to him but I'm assuming that the IPO is going to call him ?! Can't remember if those are the right initials LOL I'm still half asleep...

Disney Signatures Services (DSS, the new IPO) will 'likely' call the primary name/number on the reservation. Reports have generally been that most, but not all, people get a call. Like with the old IPO sometimes you don't get a call, so it's a bit hit/miss. I've recieved a call for most but not all of my reservations this year.

Hope that helps!

Disney Signatures Services (DSS, the new IPO) will 'likely' call the primary name/number on the reservation. Reports have generally been that most, but not all, people get a call. Like with the old IPO sometimes you don't get a call, so it's a bit hit/miss. I've recieved a call for most but not all of my reservations this year.

Hope that helps!

Thank you! It does.

So excited to finally be staying at GF (normally at BC or YC) and booked outer building cl. I requested upper floor, but any other specific room requests I should make? Really hoping for a balcony too. Also, is there a specific email address where I should make those requests and time frame? Thanks for your help in advance!

So excited to finally be staying at GF (normally at BC or YC) and booked outer building cl. I requested upper floor, but any other specific room requests I should make? Really hoping for a balcony too. Also, is there a specific email address where I should make those requests and time frame? Thanks for your help in advance!

Tagging folks like @trishadono and @BlueSkies, they (along with many others on this thread) are room request pros when it comes to outer building CL (aka, Sugarloaf, or SL). I was just there in April and spent a bunch of time researching (agonizing) my room requests there. :-)

With a CL reservation, you can send or call room requests to:
(407) 939-7777
disney.signature.services@disneyworld.com

FWIW, the top floor of SL (4th floor) has a smaller footprint than the other floors and the standard rooms have the smaller dormer balconies.

The 2nd and 3rd floor would be more of a preference for us - they all have balconies to my knowledge. Some of the 3rd floor rooms also have the dormer-type balconies.

I requested a Courtyard Pool view in April but got a marina view. Room 6317 I believe. Here was my room/view:

Floorplan with 6317 labeled.png

1.JPG

2.JPG

Tagging folks like @trishadono and @BlueSkies, they (along with many others on this thread) are room request pros when it comes to outer building CL (aka, Sugarloaf, or SL). I was just there in April and spent a bunch of time researching (agonizing) my room requests there. :-)

(407) 939-7777

FWIW, the top floor of SL (4th floor) has a smaller footprint than the other floors and the standard rooms have the smaller dormer balconies.

The 2nd and 3rd floor would be more of a preference for us - they all have balconies to my knowledge. Some of the 3rd floor rooms also have the dormer-type balconies.

I requested a Courtyard Pool view in April but got a marina view. Room 6317 I believe. Here was my room/view:

View attachment 243644

View attachment 243645

View attachment 243646
Great pics of marina view! I always request no dormer on my res. you either love them or hate them!

Hi y'all! :flower3:

Hopping over from my usual stomping grounds (WL/WL CL threads) because I just remembered that I'm stayin' in a VGF studio in late October for Halloween. (Booked it through a rental service in early January so I'd nearly forgotten about it!) Never been to GF, only zipped by it on the resort monorail on my way to 'Ohana. I've gifted Disney trips to my mom, dad, and brother so far this year, so this October trip is going to be my very own spooky libra birthday extravaganza. :wizard:
I booked a room with an accessible tub (my mom has trouble getting in/out of tubs) not knowing that standard rooms have both a walk-in shower and tub -__- hope this doesn't result in too awkward a room setup.

Two quick questions:

Is the walk from the villas bldg to the main GF building a hike? (Asking for my mom.)

Does GF do anything for Halloween?

Does anyone know if GF still has the same toiletries or have they changed over to the newer H2O larger size products? I read on another thread where someone advised the sea salt shampoo could damage color treated hair. Does anyone have experience/thoughts on this?

The sea salt shampoo works fine for me and doesn't seem to strip my box-color highlights too much, but then again I regularly use Head and Shoulders/Selsun Blue which is brimming with sulfates as it is, lol. The good thing is, it doesn't cause dandruff ^____^

Hopping over from my usual stomping grounds (WL/WL CL threads) because I just remembered that I'm stayin' in a VGF studio in late October for Halloween. (Booked it through a rental service in early January so I'd nearly forgotten about it!) Never been to GF, only zipped by it on the resort monorail on my way to 'Ohana. I've gifted Disney trips to my mom, dad, and brother so far this year, so this October trip is going to be my very own spooky libra birthday extravaganza. :wizard:
I booked a room with an accessible tub (my mom has trouble getting in/out of tubs) not knowing that standard rooms have both a walk-in shower and tub -__- hope this doesn't result in too awkward a room setup.

Two quick questions:

Is the walk from the villas bldg to the main GF building a hike? (Asking for my mom.)

Pull up a map and you can see the villas are not much farther than the other buildings. There is a nice covered walkway to the main building too!

On page one is the links for vgf views and stuff. I stayed there shortly after opening and the rooms are lovely,

Thanks! My parents don't really go to the parks, roaming the resort is plenty magical and tiring enough for them. :goodvibes We'll probably make a trip out of going to the main building.

Your parents are going to love the GF/VGF! I suspect the lobby will be a great place for them to enjoy the day while people watching and listening to great music :flower: Add to that the the many restaurants, balcony lounging, incredible landscaping, and hopping on the monorail to shop and eat at other resorts, they will have plenty to do while you are at the parks.

Good afternoon fellow GF fans...:wave2:

9 days till we leave for the grand Floridian 10 till we arive. We can't wait. If we can survive the ride down.

:dance3:Safe travels!

Hope that helps!

Same for us...Hit or miss...lol....:confused3

(407) 939-7777

View attachment 243644

View attachment 243645

View attachment 243646

Great tip and pics as always GADisneyDad :goodvibes... That was a super nice view..I have added your room to my every growing list....:thumbsup2

As you know...lol...I do have a few resort room lists.... :blush:...and over the years have pretty much memorized the particulars for rooms in SL and RPC and am happy to share that info with others...::yes::

Your details were great on the SL rooms ..just wanted to add..because of the roof lines in SL there are even dormer rooms on the 2nd and 3rd floors...I will look around for a pic...

Two quick questions:

The walk as other have posted is not very long...no longer than from an outer buidling to the main one..A suggestion would be to request a room close to the exit leading to the main building to cut down on the distance...

The GF does have some very nice events on Halloween...trick or treating at the resort if memory serves correctly and fun pool/movie nite events too....Enjoy!

~So our 180 day booking window just opened...and since we are doing a split stay and which is not recognized/synced by the reservation system..we enlisted the help of DSS so that we had a chance of getting a BOG dinner on our MVMCP nite..which was also our check in day for our GF ressie.....but...according to them...they could not book our ADRs prior to the 180 days of the 2nd ressie either?????????????? really...:eek:..Needless to say..we did not get the BOG reservation...:confused3.... we have been going early to mid December for many many years...and this year was the first year that there was very limited availability for many Epcot restaurants ..not able to get a GG for breakfast...Beaches and Cream lunch??? I am thinking that as soon as the CP packages are open for booking that there will be more availability..at least I hope so....on the bright side...we were able to book Narcoosees and Cali Grill....:goodvibes ...Best of luck to everyone else trying to make ADRs...:thumbsup2 Hope that you have better luck that we did!

Wanted to add...lol..there is always something to add right...:scratchin:laughing:..No ceiling fan in our room this past trip either...and no runners...but there were bolsters... and like Dispro mentioned..super comfy beds...:cloud9:..

Hope that everyone is having a magical Monday.... princess: ADR stalking GF gal...:magnify:..lol..

Last edited:
Headed to "home" to WDW in 70 days and I just switched up our stay from two weeks at the Poly CL to one week at GF and the other week Poly CL. Eeeeeek! I'm so excited but literally know NOTHING about GF; I haven't stayed there since I graduated from college!! I will definitely read through the thread but welcome any insight from all the pros on this board. Oh - I'm staying in a non-CL GV room if that makes any difference. TIA!! :mickeybar

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter