(2014-2020) Disney's GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA + VILLAS Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Super excited. We were able to get a Military Discount on Club Level, Main Building, Theme Park View room in January.

Last year, we were at the Contemporary (Theme Park View), which I loved but after breakfast at the Grand Floridian on our final morning, hubby said we are staying there NEXT TIME. And we are ;-)

Would love any thoughts and tips on the Club Level in the main building.
You will love it. Great wisdom from your DH. I am pleased there is a military discount for anyone serving. I hope you will offer your thoughts on what went well and anything to avoid.

Super excited. We were able to get a Military Discount on Club Level, Main Building, Theme Park View room in January.

Last year, we were at the Contemporary (Theme Park View), which I loved but after breakfast at the Grand Floridian on our final morning, hubby said we are staying there NEXT TIME. And we are ;-)

Would love any thoughts and tips on the Club Level in the main building.

Congrats on the discount! Take advantage of the lounge if you can as it's a great place to relax with beautiful views of the grounds. In addition, since the lounge overlooks the lobby, you can sit and listen to the band play and watch all the hustle and bustle going through the lobby. Hope you have a great time :wizard:.

Congrats on the discount! Take advantage of the lounge if you can as it's a great place to relax with beautiful views of the grounds. In addition, since the lounge overlooks the lobby, you can sit and listen to the band play and watch all the hustle and bustle going through the lobby. Hope you have a great time :wizard:.
Well put. Our trip was always a success by doing what you suggest. We could spend hours in the lounge just taking it all in!

Hello Grand Floridian experts!

Thanks to the great new Disney Visa discounts, we are booked for our first stay at the GF this February. I am so excited! Though I will miss my beloved favorite, the Polynesian, it will be a only short walk away.

We will be a party of two adult women, booked standard view. I see that a lot of people like the standard views in Big Pine Key and Boca Chica because they overlook the pool and are close to the action. I’ve walked through these areas when visiting the GF from the Poly, and agree they are very beautiful!

However, I was wondering about the marina/monorail views in Sago Key and Conch Key. I thought a monorail view across the water might be fun too, as long as we weren’t also looking at roads and parking lots. Is there any particular disadvantage to those buildings, or any reason people don’t prefer them? Is it too quiet or do you feel more “separated” on that side?

All thoughts are appreciated. Thanks!

Thanks to the great new Disney Visa discounts, we are booked for our first stay at the GF this February. I am so excited! Though I will miss my beloved favorite, the Polynesian, it will be a only short walk away.

We will be a party of two adult women, booked standard view. I see that a lot of people like the standard views in Big Pine Key and Boca Chica because they overlook the pool and are close to the action. I’ve walked through these areas when visiting the GF from the Poly, and agree they are very beautiful!

However, I was wondering about the marina/monorail views in Sago Key and Conch Key. I thought a monorail view across the water might be fun too, as long as we weren’t also looking at roads and parking lots. Is there any particular disadvantage to those buildings, or any reason people don’t prefer them? Is it too quiet or do you feel more “separated” on that side?

We like Conch Key for sure. GF property is a compact layout with Conch Key being close to the boat docks for easy transportation to the MK and also close to Gasparilla Grill which is great for a quick bite and some early morning coffee. At CK, there are dormer rooms at the highest level which offer better views and a semi-private balcony. Some write they don't like the dormer rooms but they were fine for us. Garden views are great! Let us know what you end up doing.

We like Conch Key for sure. GF property is a compact layout with Conch Key being close to the boat docks for easy transportation to the MK and also close to Gasparilla Grill which is great for a quick bite and some early morning coffee. At CK, there are dormer rooms at the highest level which offer better views and a semi-private balcony. Some write they don't like the dormer rooms but they were fine for us. Garden views are great! Let us know what you end up doing.

Thank you! I have been favoring Conch Key and this is great information.

Congrats on the discount and booking your first GF stay! I think it is a little quieter by Sago & Conch as those buildings aren't right next to the main areas, but I also don't think they are separated/isolated. As the pp mentioned, the GF is somewhat compact with some buildings closer to the main areas and others closer to transportation/dining, but nothing is isolated or too far away from anything.

I have been in sago a few times. I prefer the side that faces the monorail. Fun to watch and quiet. Our room facing the marina had a tree in front of it. Actually that side has lots of trees lol.

Overall though gf has the best views. None of them are on/at a parking lot.

I would want Conch or BPK if I got to actually choose. However I usually take what is available first.

Page 3 Rescue! 22 days until our Grand Vacation! :hourglass

It's my first time at Disney on Halloween. Does anything special happen at the resorts?

I'll countdown with you as I have 19 days to go :yay:. Not staying at the GF, but will be next door at the Poly :goodvibes.

I can't answer your question as it's been a long time since we've been on Halloween, but hopefully others will be able to help :flower3:.

Page 3 Rescue! 22 days until our Grand Vacation! :hourglass

It's my first time at Disney on Halloween. Does anything special happen at the resorts?

Never stayed over Halloween, many times during the season though! You’ll more than likely see lots of folks that dress up and attend MNSSHP! I don’t recall ever hearing of a actual special event say like at Easter when the Grand does have events!!!!!

Have FUN!!!

After a quick search this is a list from previous years, I also looked at the special event calendar for the GF and nothing was listed, maybe keep an eye on that it may soon change.

C0A15645-1FC6-4620-BE4A-AFAA26BB82B5.jpeg

Last edited:
Hi all! I'm helping some friends plan their trip, and was hoping to get some information on the Princess Promenade. I do wish they still mentioned it in the hotel recreation guide. :( Someone mentioned on this thread that it was being held daily throughout the summer. Anyone know if that's still the case now? Is it still held at 3:45pm? Is Friday traditionally a day it's held (when it's not held daily)? Thanks for any insights!

Hi all! I'm helping some friends plan their trip, and was hoping to get some information on the Princess Promenade. I do wish they still mentioned it in the hotel recreation guide. :( Someone mentioned on this thread that it was being held daily throughout the summer. Anyone know if that's still the case now? Is it still held at 3:45pm? Is Friday traditionally a day it's held (when it's not held daily)? Thanks for any insights!

Last week it was every day except Tuesday at 3:30.

I'll countdown with you as I have 19 days to go :yay:. Not staying at the GF, but will be next door at the Poly :goodvibes.

I can't answer your question as it's been a long time since we've been on Halloween, but hopefully others will be able to help :flower3:.

Happy Countdown yourself! pixiedust:I plan on frequent visits to Poly for my Dole Whip addiction. DH refers to our DVC purchase as the most expensive Dole Whip he’s ever bought.

Never stayed over Halloween, many times during the season though! You’ll more than likely see lots of folks that dress up and attend MNSSHP! I don’t recall ever hearing of a actual special event say like at Easter when the Grand does have events!!!!!

Have FUN!!!

After a quick search this is a list from previous years, I also looked at the special event calendar for the GF and nothing was listed, maybe keep an eye on that it may soon change.

View attachment 355956

Thanks! I think I’ll take the troupe into Disney Springs then. Just did want to miss something special at the resort.

Hope everyone has a Grand Saturday!

Happy Countdown yourself! pixiedust:I plan on frequent visits to Poly for my Dole Whip addiction. DH refers to our DVC purchase as the most expensive Dole Whip he’s ever bought.

Thanks! I'm sure we'll be visiting the GF a few times over the course of our stay :goodvibes.

Too funny about your DH's DVC comment :laughing:.

When do the holiday decorations normally come down after Christmas/New Year season? We are staying at the GF Jan 3-5 and hoping to still catch the Gingerbread house.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter