2014 anybody?

I have set up an automatic transfer each payday direct into my savings account just have to hope there are no major purchases required this year.

All silver coins go into a money tin for DD's spending money. Gold coins also get saved in a separate money tin.

we have a savings plan mapped out with room for wastage and other unexpected expenses thrown in.

i have a lot of clothes i have bought and never worn, or worn only once and then never again that i will be selling on ebay and to friends to help accumulate some extra money and cut down on some closet space :) that is what i will be doing this weekend... cleaning out closets and determining what i should keep and throw and sell :)

we have decided to renew our vows and have Elvis perform the ceremony! Only in Vegas:cool1:

That's what I planned to do but time got away from us. So I got a brown suede Dooney bag instead and Ancient Roman rings instead from that store at the Venetian that sells antiques. ::yes::

Minnie Sue Oz said:
Hey crazyfox, we might see you there!
I too absolutely love the parks at Christmas and would love to see WDW for the first time in the holidays! We are just waiting to finalise our dates when our beloved DD makes up her mind what she is doing! We still have a bit of time before we start booking anything, but I do have the itinerary all ready to go!

And here's to the super savers in us all.:cheer2:It is truly amazing when you put your mind to it, what you can achieve and like you said becepee, it can add up pretty quick!:thumbsup2

We don't spend any of our change or $5.00 notes any more and we have seperate money boxes for the gold coins, silver coins and the $5.00 notes. I did this for our last trip and was so happy when we busted them open to find loads to bank! We have longer to save this time round, so hoping we may even fill them up!!!

One thing we have just added in is Las Vegas. It wasn't on our original itinerary, but because it is our 20th wedding anniversary next year, we have decided to renew our vows and have Elvis perform the ceremony! Only in Vegas:cool1:

Oh congratulations for the 20 years coming up! :cheer2: I already have a draft itinerary started as well, only less than a year until we can start making our bookings :rotfl: Also more time to save up money :thumbsup2:

Saving up all your change really can work wonders! I've been on my uni break for forever and it's great to not see all my money going towards bus fares :D

I'm planning to go in the first week of December and now trying to decide whether to go to Hawaii either before or after visiting the world :yay:

woohoo just booked accomodation at NYC over new year. have been at Christmas but we are going to brave the ball drop

have a 'draft' itinerary done

la, California adventure for cars land, NYC, universal and NASA, disney cruise, my uncles place, disney for 10 days doing goofy challenge, San Fran

disney cruise new addition. I've always wanted New Orleans but my ds6 was
In sydney the other day and saw cruise ship and
was telling me how much he would love to go on a cruise. the things you do for kids!!!

this is cool reading about what everyone is doing

So I just thought I would bump this thread again, now that 2014 is only 7 months away:scared1:

Who else is visiting Disney??

A possible for the Melbourne 5 ( now Newcastle5) as we have relocated , working again and I think given we have been yearly
The last 4 years that a good long trip to wdw is in store! Also hoping to do Washington ,NY and San Francisco this trip too. Most likely July-sept time

Hey long time lurker here, now is as good a time as any to jump in I guess! I'm planning on going back to wdw in 2014. Got the whole trip pretty much mapped out, even though it'll be in October/November lol

Just been given the green light to start organising our first trip to Disneyland in 2014!! I am so excited that it's finally happening I think Im in shock and don't know where to start.

Travellers will be Me 33, DH 33, DS 7 and DD 5. As they will both be at school we are probably going to have to go in School Holiday time so any advice on best time? Prob either April or Sep?

Looking at Disneyland, LA, San Diego, Grand Canyon, would love to pop over to New York for a few days if $$$ allows or a stop in Hawaii on the way back.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated as I am a little clueless but happy to learn!

Just been given the green light to start organising our first trip to Disneyland in 2014!! I am so excited that it's finally happening I think Im in shock and don't know where to start.

Travellers will be Me 33, DH 33, DS 7 and DD 5. As they will both be at school we are probably going to have to go in School Holiday time so any advice on best time? Prob either April or Sep?

Looking at Disneyland, LA, San Diego, Grand Canyon, would love to pop over to New York for a few days if $$$ allows or a stop in Hawaii on the way back.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated as I am a little clueless but happy to learn!

Welcome Mumtotwocuties. We are going to San Diego/Phoenix/Sedona/Grand Canyon/LV/Sequoia/Yosemite/Disneyland etc this Sep/Oct. We haven't been at this time before. I am hoping for nice weather. I understand DL will be crowded with Halloween parties/Columbus day etc, but we are going knowing that and will make plans around the most crowded days.
We have been in May two times ( and enjoyed that time), but not in April. I think it can get crowded in Apr if you are there at Easter time and while the US schools are having their spring breaks.
Happy planning :)

we just came back from DL in April and I would not recommend it due to the weather, especially early april. If you are travelling around aussie school holidays then you would have to travel early april and the weather was pretty chilly. San Diego was around 15 - 18 and it only got warmer right near the end of april.

May is usually pretty good, we have been twice in May and crowd wise it is also pretty good. Sept /oct is awesome in California, and florida although hurricane season we had great weather the two times we have been.

Now planning for WDW Sept 2014:thumbsup2

Our DD is dancing with her dance school at Disneyland in the July school holidays. No visit to the USA is complete without a stop in Vegas (we renewed our vows with Elvis in 2011 complete with 50s themed costumes and a wedding reception at HRC on the strip) and we're also adding in New York as the younger kids haven't been there yet.

So we're 13 months out - is that too early for a countdown chain?:cheer2:

Our DD is dancing with her dance school at Disneyland in the July school holidays. No visit to the USA is complete without a stop in Vegas (we renewed our vows with Elvis in 2011 complete with 50s themed costumes and a wedding reception at HRC on the strip) and we're also adding in New York as the younger kids haven't been there yet.

So we're 13 months out - is that too early for a countdown chain?:cheer2:

Never to early for a count down! :yay:

We are Oct/Nov 2014: WDW, Universal, DC, NYC then Vegas baby!

Count me in! I have Sep/Oct booked ( well the flight and rental car anyway ) at WDW. Mentally got 2015 sorted too.. Lol me Paula and DW Joanna.

2014 going to do a spilt stay..AKV kidani and SSR. We will try for BCV but so far have never been able to get in at 7 months as it's not our home resort ( DVC) members.

Cruise sounds great! Details!

Hi everyone, I am currently 42 days away from heading to LA, Monterey, San Fran & Vegas with my DH and my parents and DB for a family holiday :yay:

However like most of you can understand, you always need something else to plan and look forward to, so I have tentatively started the planning process for our 10th wedding anniversary trip in Sept 2014.

At this stage the plan is to depart Brisbane around 10th Sept, spend a few days in Miami, followed by a 7 night cruise on Allure of the seas and then 10 days at WDW.

The only east coast trip we have ever done was to NY, so I am loving the research and reading through everyones trip reports.

Fingers crossed the next 15 months fly by!!

I've been counting down since this time last year and we aren't going until Christmas 2014 :-/

We were supposed to go this year but DH was freaking about the cost so I agreed to postpone it a year. Of course he doesn't realise that I only did that because I wanted the Harry Pitter expansion to be complete when we went, lol. Shhh, don't tell him!!

Ooh, I'll jump on in! Myself and my bestie Alicia are travelling to the land early May for about 14 days. Dates aren't set in stone yet as we are booking in October this year when the deals come out, but im trying to get there for May the Fourth so that I can get some cool Star Wars merchandise (newly acclaimed collector over here!) We are really looking forward to our trip and can't wait to book!

September is the go ahead for us, long to wait but...

HURRY UP ALREADY!!!

:laughing:

I know how much money I can spend, I better start saving (better :rolleyes1)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter