2014 Beach & Yacht Club FAQ, Friends & Fun *DO NOT POST HERE- FIND NEW THREAD*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, they have all chosen Disney World! :goodvibes

Age 7-8 has proven to be ideal for us but I think most ages are good...except my oldest was too young for our first mom and me trip - he got sick with a tummy bug - so we ended up having a re-do when he was 7 which was perfect. Since then, I have replicated that with the other two and it was good. Our kids are similar ages, BTW, my oldest two are each a year younger than your oldest two and my youngest is 7. If I had unlimited funds, I would love to go on 8th grade grad trips with the older boys now they are willing to rode thrill rides with me (all are slow to develop a love of coasters, Splash and TOT - and their dad refuses to, as well - but my oldest finally will do everything and enjoy it...he and I had some fun adventures just the two of us on our last family trip in late 2013).

I am totally stealing this idea! I am going to pm you soon for details!!!:cool1:

Never mind!:yay: Just booked a split stay: GV YC and then GF CL:yay:

Disney magic....take me away......pixiedust:

AWESOME!!!!:cheer2::cheer2:

The only convention you have to be concerned about is the one that will be going on from August 17th to the 23rd when I will be down at the BC for the BC/YC/BCV Dis thread meet.

I'm in charge of recreation so I've got quite the line up planned. I don't want to let slip too many details but much of it involves nudity and heavy drinking. We need some one to coordinate the Dance/Cheer team... Are there any volunteers coordinated enough to make us look reasonably athletically inclined?

;)

~NM

OH I could totally head up the dance team......if only I was there.....:cool1::cool1:
Please tell me you have a photographer/videographer lined up for this!:thumbsup2

Okay I am thinking about running the disney princess half marathon in Feb. Isn't there someone on here that did that? Would love to ask them some questions.
Hoping to stay YC!:cool1:

That's such fantastic news!!! Thank you for your response. I always thought split stays sounded like such a hassle. I wouldn't even consider them. Now that I'm faced with not staying at BCR it suddenly sounds like a great option! LOL. Thanks again!

I guess I'm still wondering how this will affect our magic bands and everything else. But, one issue at a time. I'm sure it will all come together.

Just out of curiosity, how many nights do people have to stay in order to make a split stay worthwhile (for example if you were only staying 2 that would be a pain)!

I'll be down after Nannette's shift is up in October. One of us has to be at WDW at all times or the world will end...

So I'm at BC from Aug 17th to the 23rd with Janet Mom (Note to self: start looking for lost change in the sofa cushions at friend's houses to use as bail money)

Then I'll be back again from October 15th to the 24th and I'll be staying at what some call the Cinder Block Palace/Pop.

THEN I have a Bouncey Back reserved for Sun November Nov 16th to Fri the 21st at Pop Cinder Block but I have to see how the finances are shaking out for that one. (Would anyone like to buy a Kidney?)

It isn't easy keeping up with Nannette but somebody has to do it so it might as well be me!

~NM

Don't worry too much about finding change. I can either pre-pay some bail money before we meet up, or I can stash some in my husband's wallet since he'll be hiding in the background if we start to get into a bail worthy situation.

And I will add that you are definitely closing in on Nanette's Disney style, so keep up the good work. We all need some Dis idols to aspire to.

Okay I am thinking about running the disney princess half marathon in Feb. Isn't there someone on here that did that? Would love to ask them some questions.
Hoping to stay YC!:cool1:

I just ran the Princess Half this past February. It was my first time and I did the Glass Slipper Challenge. Best experience ever and a lot of participants. I can try to answer questions you have.

The only convention you have to be concerned about is the one that will be going on from August 17th to the 23rd when I will be down at the BC for the BC/YC/BCV Dis thread meet.

I'm in charge of recreation so I've got quite the line up planned. I don't want to let slip too many details but much of it involves nudity and heavy drinking. We need some one to coordinate the Dance/Cheer team... Are there any volunteers coordinated enough to make us look reasonably athletically inclined?

;)

~NM

So what is going on this week? We'll be there and I been making ADRs and park choices (meeting up with some family this week too but they are staying at a different resort) but would love to try and adjust the schedule to come meet up.

I'll be down after Nannette's shift is up in October. One of us has to be at WDW at all times or the world will end...

So I'm at BC from Aug 17th to the 23rd with Janet Mom (Note to self: start looking for lost change in the sofa cushions at friend's houses to use as bail money)

Then I'll be back again from October 15th to the 24th and I'll be staying at what some call the Cinder Block Palace/Pop.

THEN I have a Bouncey Back reserved for Sun November Nov 16th to Fri the 21st at Pop Cinder Block but I have to see how the finances are shaking out for that one. (Would anyone like to buy a Kidney?)

It isn't easy keeping up with Nannette but somebody has to do it so it might as well be me!

~NM

Move your October dates... I can't get there until 10/29 and then leave 11/2... :lmao: it's the only option

The only convention you have to be concerned about is the one that will be going on from August 17th to the 23rd when I will be down at the BC for the BC/YC/BCV Dis thread meet. I'm in charge of recreation so I've got quite the line up planned. I don't want to let slip too many details but much of it involves nudity and heavy drinking. We need some one to coordinate the Dance/Cheer team... Are there any volunteers coordinated enough to make us look reasonably athletically inclined? ;) ~NM

I am really still hoping to make it down for a couple of days in August for the Dis thread meet! DH not so sure about this but my mom said she would go with me for a few days. Didn't know there was going to be planned recreation!!!

Rebecca

So what is going on this week? We'll be there and I been making ADRs and park choices (meeting up with some family this week too but they are staying at a different resort) but would love to try and adjust the schedule to come meet up.

We are having a meet in the Beach Club Solarium on Monday August 18th when Teena gets off from work... probably around 6:45pm (I think). It's just a very informal stop in to say hi sort of a thing. We are having it early in the week because A) the Police will have caught up with 'ol Ninja mom as the week progresses and B) Teena is gettin out of Dodge to go help her daughter set up her classroom for the upcoming school year. All are welcome to attend. :thumbsup2

The only reason we are doing this then is because many of us got a MAGICAL deal at a VACATIONS TRAVEL company that we cannot name due to proprietary liability and a yeast infection, etc, etc. At least I think that's the reason why. We Just have to find a way to persuade DEE to run away from home and join us for a girl's trip. I keep telling her they pay a lot of money in India for that extra Kidney she is lugging around so if she decides to sell the spare then she'll have the moo-la to hang out with us by the pool and help us work on our dance routines. You will be able to tell if Dee made it down that week because she will be the one at the pool yelling at the Lifeguards to do the Cupid Shuffle every time she downs a Sunken Treasure.

Move your October dates... I can't get there until 10/29 and then leave 11/2... :lmao: it's the only option

Well then I guess I can't go home on the what ever it is day in October that I am supposed to leave. No one here at home will miss me unless I hide all the take out menus and toilet paper. I'll just go to the warehouse club before I leave and get a truckload of Baybeez Butts TP or what ever is on sale and stay at WDW until they run out of TP at home.

~NM

Visions of Dee yelling at the lifeguards to do the cupid's shuffle are now dancing through my head :rotfl2:

NinjaMom thanks for the laughs :goodvibes One of these days I will make it to a dismeet in the solarium just so I can see you in action (dance routines and all:scared1:). :thumbsup2

We Just have to find a way to persuade DEE to run away from home and join us for a girl's trip. I keep telling her they pay a lot of money in India for that extra Kidney she is lugging around so if she decides to sell the spare then she'll have the moo-la to hang out with us by the pool and help us work on our dance routines. You will be able to tell if Dee made it down that week because she will be the one at the pool yelling at the Lifeguards to do the Cupid Shuffle every time she downs a Sunken Treasure.

~NM

I was planning on using that "Extra Kidney Money" to post bail for all of you, but now you have ruined the surprise!!!

:sad2:

Visions of Dee yelling at the lifeguards to do the cupid's shuffle are now dancing through my head :rotfl2:

:goodvibes

Hi

Looking for some advice. We are staying at the yacht club in July. For 4th we will be at discovery cove all day but what should we do at night? At the moment we have Kouzzina booked and thinking about some sort of fireworks... Would it be worthwhile trying to book fastpass+ for illuminations and making a dinner reservation in Epcot or am I crazy. It will be me, dh and ds(6).

Hoping some beach club/ yacht club experts can steer me in the right direction! Thanks

Hi

Looking for some advice. We are staying at the yacht club in July. For 4th we will be at discovery cove all day but what should we do at night? At the moment we have Kouzzina booked and thinking about some sort of fireworks... Would it be worthwhile trying to book fastpass+ for illuminations and making a dinner reservation in Epcot or am I crazy. It will be me, dh and ds(6).

Hoping some beach club/ yacht club experts can steer me in the right direction! Thanks

I've never seen them live but they also have some awesome fireworks at HS.

http://www.wdwinfo.com/holidays/4th_july.htm

Then I walk past these Beach Club rooms:

I on the other hand enjoy being in one of these rooms as it makes it that much easier to pester people passing by for things like left over snacks and pin trading. ~NM

;)

~NM

:cheer2: Now NM I've kinda tied all these images together in my puny little head. Drunk nekkid ladies practicing cheers in those rooms along the BC walkway. For the love of all things sacred to Uncle Walt, IF Y'ALL GET ONE OF THESE ROOMS PLEASE CLOSE THE CURTAINS! :cheer2:

I am really still hoping to make it down for a couple of days in August for the Dis thread meet! DH not so sure about this but my mom said she would go with me for a few days. Didn't know there was going to be planned recreation!!!

Rebecca

Oh please come!

Ninja Mom - I don't let this out very often but I was, in fact, captain of cheerleading many years ago in high school. I will volunteer to help with the cheerleading/dance - ought to be some sight!!!

DISUnplugged just posted an album of pictures of the Yacht Club. I'm going to share the link and then go back to see if there is an album for the Beach Club, too

Yacht Club Photos by DISUnplugged

ETA: Didn't see one for Beach Club

Thanks for the link, those photos get me super excited for our trip! I also noticed that there is a boat to the Boardwalk... I think I remember walking over there. Is one faster than the other? Thanks!

I believe I have updated the Be Our Guest list with all of the info I have. There are a few recent posters who have not provided dates or resort info- if you want to be added to the list, let us know when your trip is. :goodvibes

Post 15: Be Our Guest list

Let me know if you need me to make any corrections or adjustments.

Oh please come! Ninja Mom - I don't let this out very often but I was, in fact, captain of cheerleading many years ago in high school. I will volunteer to help with the cheerleading/dance - ought to be some sight!!!

Robyn - I am really working on this. Hoping to make it work.

Ninja Mom - need to find this TA deal.

Dee - I think you should come too! Plenty of extra room to share with me and my mom!!!! That way you wouldn't need to sell a kidney.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter