2014 Beach & Yacht Club FAQ, Friends & Fun *DO NOT POST HERE- FIND NEW THREAD*

Status
Not open for further replies.
page 175-178

We are booked 11/21-11/30 at BC CL. I hope the renovations are complete by then

:welcome:

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list on Page 1.

:cool1:

Is there a link somewhere that lists all the conventions going on at the Beach & Yacht club?

None that I am aware of.

:)

Deciding between CL GV and regular GV rooms. Regarding the ones with a king bed, do those few rooms have another sleeping spot like a pullout chair or sofa to accommodate 2 parents and 1 tween? Thanks!

Your original question was about what the layout is like in King bed rooms- I think there are a variety of sleeping options- some king rooms have the chair with pullout or ottoman, some have a daybed. They are not all the same.

:)

Never mind!:yay: Just booked a split stay: GV YC and then GF CL:yay:

Disney magic....take me away......pixiedust:

Sounds great!

:thumbsup2

Just out of curiosity, how many nights do people have to stay in order to make a split stay worthwhile (for example if you were only staying 2 that would be a pain)!

Pretty subjective question- For us, we did our first split between the Hard Rock at the Dark Side (3 nights) and Beach Club (4 nights) and although we were skeptical about how it would work out, it was great.

:goodvibes

Here are a couple more pictures I took at the Beach Club last week.

If I'm at Epcot, and I'm taking the shortcut back to BCV, I walk through the gate to get onto Beach Club property, and I go past these Beach Club rooms:

Then I walk past these Beach Club rooms:

I personally would feel uncomfortable in the ground floor rooms in the first group. People taking the short-cut walk RIGHT by your patio door.

In the ground floor rooms of the second group, people are walking past your room, but at least there is a hedge between your room and the walkway.

I don't have the "which BC rooms are located where" link, but I'm sure somebody can put the room numbers to these rooms if people are interested.

The first group of rooms without the bushes in front of the patio look like they would be rooms numbered 1512 to 1530. The second group of rooms look like they would be the rooms numbered 1578 to 1596. Is that the villas building at the end of the line of rooms?

Would all of these rooms be considered "Garden View"?

Finally!! We are booked for the Beach Club! :cool1:

We are actually doing a split stay with POR first for 3 nights then coming to the Beach Club on June 25 through June 29. I would have loved to stay the whole time at BC, but I had to take what I could get at this late time.

And this time we are going to try to surprise the kids. They have been totally spoiled by YC in the past and don't want to stay anywhere else. Staying at POR first may prove interesting and then surprise them with the BC later! I'm such a big mouth :crazy2: I hope I can keep it a secret.

I get to say it: Please add us to the BOG list...we get to come in Novemberpixiedust: It's a make up trip for the one we had to cancel last March because DH got laid off a week before our trip, but God is good and we just made our plane reservations and booked our resort...YC 11/20-11/26 (then 3 days at the Dark Side) Woohoo!!:cool1: Super excited to be going back to my favorite resort...can't wait to take that early morning walk to the patisseries in France (after I've taken that early morning jog around the resort:thumbsup2)!! Oh so many things to look forward to!!!

Originally Posted by Wood Nymph:
The first group of rooms without the bushes in front of the patio look like they would be rooms numbered 1512 to 1530. The second group of rooms look like they would be the rooms numbered 1578 to 1596.

Would all of these rooms be considered "Garden View"?

Yes, these are categorized as garden view rooms, even though they technically look at woods, not gardens. Most of the garden view rooms at the BC are facing Epcot.

Thanks for the link, those photos get me super excited for our trip! I also noticed that there is a boat to the Boardwalk... I think I remember walking over there. Is one faster than the other? Thanks!

Yes, the boat to Epcot will stop at the Boardwalk first, before going to Epcot. Then you can return from the Boardwalk to the BC/YC on the HS boat. But from the YC it is really close to walk to the Boardwalk. Part of the attraction of the BC/YC/BWI resort area is walking around Crescent Lake on the boardwalk. :)

I'll be down after Nannette's shift is up in October. One of us has to be at WDW at all times or the world will end...

So I'm at BC from Aug 17th to the 23rd with Janet Mom (Note to self: start looking for lost change in the sofa cushions at friend's houses to use as bail money)

Then I'll be back again from October 15th to the 24th and I'll be staying at what some call the Cinder Block Palace/Pop.

THEN I have a Bouncey Back reserved for Sun November Nov 16th to Fri the 21st at Pop Cinder Block but I have to see how the finances are shaking out for that one. (Would anyone like to buy a Kidney?)

It isn't easy keeping up with Nannette but somebody has to do it so it might as well be me!

~NM

NM - We'll be at the WL in October and our trips will overlap by a couple days. Maybe we could plan to run into each other while we're there. :)

Hello!! Excited to join in the fun! Family and I (DH, DD8, DD6, DS4) will be staying YC CL from 7/20-7/26. This is the first time we've stayed at YC and first time we've CL! Can't wait to see my kids go bananas over SAB! But, I am having nightmares about some of the SV rooms on the club level!

My wait list for BCV just came through for October. We usually stay at the Boardwalk, but wanted to try the Beach Club to see how the other half lives. Actually we stayed in a studio once before prior to a DVC member cruise and did a split Y&B Club stay back in 1993,the second of many trips to the world since. Staying in a one bedroom this time around. Figured I wanted to be that much closer to the F&W Festival.

Dee I apologize, I never posted my change (4 changes ago):rotfl: I switched back to the MK side...and have bounced from resort to resort over there. As of now we are back at WL for the week. So I need to be removed from the be our guest list. But thank you SO much for all your time and help. You rock! :beach:

Finally!! We are booked for the Beach Club! :cool1: We are actually doing a split stay with POR first for 3 nights then coming to the Beach Club on June 25 through June 29. I would have loved to stay the whole time at BC, but I had to take what I could get at this late time. And this time we are going to try to surprise the kids. They have been totally spoiled by YC in the past and don't want to stay anywhere else. Staying at POR first may prove interesting and then surprise them with the BC later! I'm such a big mouth :crazy2: I hope I can keep it a secret.

Yeah!!!!

Move your October dates... I can't get there until 10/29 and then leave 11/2... :lmao: it's the only option

.Well then I guess I can't go home on the what ever it is day in October that I am supposed to leave. No one here at home will miss me unless I hide all the take out menus and toilet paper. I'll just go to the warehouse club before I leave and get a truckload of Baybeez Butts TP or what ever is on sale and stay at WDW until they run out of TP at home.

~NM

EXTEND EXTEND EXTEND! I'll have a car... bring the pass!!!::yes::
~N

Robyn - I am really working on this. Hoping to make it work.

Ninja Mom - need to find this TA deal.

Dee - I think you should come too! Plenty of extra room to share with me and my mom!!!! That way you wouldn't need to sell a kidney.

Thanks so much for your very kind and generous offer. But I'm kind of attracted to the whole kidney scheme:

1) I get to help someone improve their quality of life
2) I'll make some money
3) I'll probably lose a pound or two in the process!

:thumbsup2

Finally!! We are booked for the Beach Club! :cool1:

We are actually doing a split stay with POR first for 3 nights then coming to the Beach Club on June 25 through June 29. I would have loved to stay the whole time at BC, but I had to take what I could get at this late time.

And this time we are going to try to surprise the kids. They have been totally spoiled by YC in the past and don't want to stay anywhere else. Staying at POR first may prove interesting and then surprise them with the BC later! I'm such a big mouth :crazy2: I hope I can keep it a secret.

That is fantastic!

:woohoo:

I'll add you to the list. Can't wait to hear how (and when) the surprise is revealed!

I get to say it: Please add us to the BOG list...we get to come in Novemberpixiedust: It's a make up trip for the one we had to cancel last March because DH got laid off a week before our trip, but God is good and we just made our plane reservations and booked our resort...YC 11/20-11/26 (then 3 days at the Dark Side) Woohoo!!:cool1: Super excited to be going back to my favorite resort...can't wait to take that early morning walk to the patisseries in France (after I've taken that early morning jog around the resort:thumbsup2)!! Oh so many things to look forward to!!!

So glad you were able to reschedule your trip!!!

I'll add you to the list

Are you staying onsite at the Dark Side?

Hello!! Excited to join in the fun! Family and I (DH, DD8, DD6, DS4) will be staying YC CL from 7/20-7/26. This is the first time we've stayed at YC and first time we've CL! Can't wait to see my kids go bananas over SAB! But, I am having nightmares about some of the SV rooms on the club level!

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1.

Please let us know if you have any questions.

My wait list for BCV just came through for October. We usually stay at the Boardwalk, but wanted to try the Beach Club to see how the other half lives. Actually we stayed in a studio once before prior to a DVC member cruise and did a split Y&B Club stay back in 1993,the second of many trips to the world since. Staying in a one bedroom this time around. Figured I wanted to be that much closer to the F&W Festival.

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list

Dee I apologize, I never posted my change (4 changes ago):rotfl: I switched back to the MK side...and have bounced from resort to resort over there. As of now we are back at WL for the week. So I need to be removed from the be our guest list. But thank you SO much for all your time and help. You rock! :beach:

OK. Au Revoir. For now. There's still time...

;)

Looks like we'll be there at the same time! We check in on 7-21 and stay thru 7-26. We're coming over from CR and then moving on for a couple of days at AKL.

Hope you enjoy your stay! We love YC!! :)

Our second stay at BCV begins in just about 1 month!!! Cannot wait. Part of a split stay, we start at our timeshare (Sheraton Vistana Villages) for 4 nights and then 4 GLORIOUS nights at BCV!!!!

CANNOT WAIT!!!

So glad you were able to reschedule your trip!!!

I'll add you to the list

Are you staying onsite at the Dark Side?

Yes, we'll be at Portofino Bay (have stayed once before and loved it there) and figured that going over Thanksgiving the use of their resort front-of-the-line pass will be most beneficial:thumbsup2 In fact, that's why I planned Disney first and then the Dark Side since we'll be there on Thanksgiving Day and the following, to take advantage of the FOL perk. I'd rather Disney be the thing we end our vacation with, but the crowds over such a busy time made the decision a no-brainer!!

Looks like we'll be there at the same time! We check in on 7-21 and stay thru 7-26. We're coming over from CR and then moving on for a couple of days at AKL. Hope you enjoy your stay! We love YC!! :)

Awesome! Really looking forward to it. We've done poly, WL (without DS), & POR w the kids, excited for another great visit!

That is fantastic!

:woohoo:

I'll add you to the list. Can't wait to hear how (and when) the surprise is revealed!

The surprise might not even be until our vacation. I'm pretty sure they will figure out we are driving to Florida. And I hope they aren't too "disappointed" by POR. I figured I would tell them we need to pack up and switch our room because there is a problem. Then drive to the Beach Club!! :dance3: That's the plan anyway...

Just getting them to choose MagicBand colors was interesting. They asked why, and I told them there was a Disney survey on favorite colors. ::yes::

Having a truely amazing time and so worth the 9 hour flight! If anyone has any questions I'll do my best to answer them. Currently sat on the balcony whilst my 2 youngest have a nap. Looking forward to our dinner reservation at Sanaa tonight. Thanks for all the help this forum gives. It has made a real difference to our holiday and how we approach it xx :cool1:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter