2015 Rate Watch

Another one waiting in suspense here...

I have my countdown set to July 10 since it's usually around that time that rates are released however upon doing my budget I won't be able to pay the deposit until August so I'm thinking of changing my countdown to August. :)

I'm also hoping to do a split stay which I'd have to wait to book because it would be more of a deposit but then I realized I can just book the whole week at the first resort, pay that deposit and call back later to change it up. :)

Add me to the list! FI and I are spending our HM in Disney in June :) Can't wait, spoke with my TA again today and she said around 2nd week of July. Just too excited can't wait!

thanks for the info on booking early. I think since we already know our dates, once those rates come out I might be inclined to book. This way, I have a budget and if we end up with some kind of promotion later down the road, then that is just a bonus!

I think you can book up to 499 days ahead if you want a room. I think they adjust the rate after it comes out. You can adjust the reservation for a package after the rates come out. I would assume the rates would be comparable to this years rates - but you could always change to a different room once the rates come out. It is getting close to the anticipated release of the new rates, so it probably isn't worth booking now anyway.

I am also waiting for the 2015 rates to be released. I suspect the 11 July suggestion of the rates being released may be correct as in the UK, the free dining offer needs to be booked by 10 July 2014 for 2015 holidays and new rates will be released on 11 July.

Can i ask how you go about getting a promotion applied to an existing booking. We booked through disney last year as soon as rates were released with free dining, however a subsequent promotion would have saved us c$800 by booking the room and dining independently.

I tried to have the new promotion applied to the existing reservation and they would not do this and i received the following:-

Often, as in your case, you may find that you confirmed before a
particular promotional rate or offer is made available, however you
benefit from the abundance of resort availability, allowing you to
guarantee the location of your choice.

Regrettably, we will not be able to honour our new offer or pricing to
your current reservation. To take advantage of this current offer you
must cancel this reservation which would be subject to all applicable
fees and penalties as outlined in the Walt Disney Travel Company Booking
Terms and Conditions.

I did end up cancelling, losing the deposit and rebooking last year however want to avoid having to do this again. Any help would be appreciated.

Count me in for the waiting game. I just have to make up my mind if we want to go in February, May, or December. We usually go in September, but can't tolerate the heat anymore. I hear May is pretty hot so I'm leaning more towards the second week (before Pres. day) of Feb or second week of Dec. Anyone have any experience with those months?

I think you can book up to 499 days ahead if you want a room. I think they adjust the rate after it comes out. You can adjust the reservation for a package after the rates come out. I would assume the rates would be comparable to this years rates - but you could always change to a different room once the rates come out. It is getting close to the anticipated release of the new rates, so it probably isn't worth booking now anyway.

If you want a room only reservation, then yes, you can book it 499 days out and you will be charged one night's rate as a deposit. If you want a package and have a room only reservation, they can not modify/change it to a package. You will have to cancel the room only reservation, have your room only deposit refunded to you and then book a package and pay a $200 deposit. They can not transfer the room only deposit over to a package because they use two different reservation systems.

Count me in for the waiting game. I just have to make up my mind if we want to go in February, May, or December. We usually go in September, but can't tolerate the heat anymore. I hear May is pretty hot so I'm leaning more towards the second week (before Pres. day) of Feb or second week of Dec. Anyone have any experience with those months?

We were just there 5/20-5/28 and it was HOT HOT HOT. :cool2:

In the waiting game too! May/june 2015 for us to celebrate the end of my youth: 29th birthday, a pre-k graduation, and going to SWW for the 1st time. I vowed never to go again in the summer but I took it back!

We've been during all three time periods. I loved the way the parks were decorated in December, but the crowds were a little heavier. May was WAY too hot and humid! It got up to the mid 90's everyday and the humidity just made it worse! Feb/March is definitely our favorite time of year (Before Spring Break)

We've been during all three time periods. I loved the way the parks were decorated in December, but the crowds were a little heavier. May was WAY too hot and humid! It got up to the mid 90's everyday and the humidity just made it worse! Feb/March is definitely our favorite time of year (Before Spring Break)

Thank you for this! I'm leaning toward February, mostly because it's only 7 months away instead of 17 months. :hyper:

DH only wants to go every 2 years, so if we go in February I can book our next vacation in December of the next year. Close enough to the 2 year mark. ::yes::

Me! February 2015 for the Glass Slipper Challenge with my husband and 3 year old son. I am looking everyday!!!

Late April for me. Question though, does anyone know if the 2015 rates and the annual pass discounts come out at the same time, or is that always afterwards? (first time as ap holder)

Watching and waiting. We were able to book as a marathon package but is love to be able to apply a discount. Any discount.

I'm dying over here waiting for the rates! I must have "planned" several trips for the times with similar rates. I want to book already!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter