2016 Free Dining Watch ~ Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
9/24-10/1 Has an preferred room open for FD at AS-Sports on the Disney Visa list, haven't seen a value on this list for a while.

I'm still watching for what I really wanted, I keep checking... Its a sickness. In honor of that I watched that "heart of sea" movie last night. I tell my husband I am after my white whale... LOL

Also, at least for my dates, there is much more available on the Disney Visa FD list, at this moment. Earlier in the day they were very similar.

Same here. After staying up til midnight, getting up again at 1:00am, 2:30am, and 4am, all I was able to do (that was even close to the cost of our existing CSR standard reservation), was a pirate room at CBR. After learning from this thread that the beds in that room are doubles and not queens, and that these rooms are the furthest away from everything, and after looking on the Disney website all day for another deal and reading this thread off and on all day, I gave up our free dining room and booked a standard room at POFQ, paying for the dining plan. Hopefully, a free dining deal that works better for us will open up or we will get in on a resort discount offer or code. If not, that's okay....we're still going to Disney!!
:jumping1::jumping1::jumping1::jumping1:

Okay DIS peeps, we have a development! As you can see from my post last night, we gave up our free dining CBR Pirate Room and just booked a standard room at POFQ paying for the DDP ($3800), planning to frequently check to see if a free dining offer that worked better for us came up. When I checked about 30 minutes ago, we could get free dining at the Boardwalk, standard room, for $3900. Obviously, the plan was to hopefully get free dining at a moderate and save about $1000, but it was just to tempting to spend $100 more and stay deluxe with free dining. Am I crazy? Somebody tell me I did the smart/right thing! With the way Disney seems to be phasing out free dining, this may be too good to pass up...

Okay DIS peeps, we have a development! As you can see from my post last night, we gave up our free dining CBR Pirate Room and just booked a standard room at POFQ paying for the DDP ($3800), planning to frequently check to see if a free dining offer that worked better for us came up. When I checked about 30 minutes ago, we could get free dining at the Boardwalk, standard room, for $3900. Obviously, the plan was to hopefully get free dining at a moderate and save about $1000, but it was just to tempting to spend $100 more and stay deluxe with free dining. Am I crazy? Somebody tell me I did the smart/right thing! With the way Disney seems to be phasing out free dining, this may be too good to pass up...

You will LOVE being able to walk to Epcot (and kind of HS, though it's a bit longer).

You will LOVE being able to walk to Epcot (and kind of HS, though it's a bit longer).

I think you should pay the $100 more and stay at a deluxe! We were in a similar situation (not to that grand of a scale though). We were originally booked at POP for ten days with the dining plan, park hopper, water park and more option, and we were trying for free dining. When we looked POP had nothing available, however when we looked to see what was available for FD (at around 9AM) we saw CS was available for 200.00 less than what we were going to pay at POP! It wasn't a huge savings, but we're getting more for something we were already planning on spending! :)

Funny someone posted about CR bay lake view right after I jumped to change our reservations. We had booked 11/27 - 12/03 tpv. We did second reservation on Monday at akl Savannah view with fd and said we would keep checking. So now we have fd at CR but with lake view. Think that will win out. Of course I'll keep checking for tpv in the promotion. Seems like several new places popped up for our timeframe so must be holds released or cancels or more new inventory and that was just today

I was looking for a standard at CBR in December too and was there right after it dropped, but nothing. Had to "settle" for a Water/Pool view. I'm just thankful to have FD!

Someone may have already answered your post by now, but sadly, POR was excluded after 10/1.

Next on my list is MVMCP tickets, Park Hours, and ADRs.

We were just talking about this last night on the boards, he could sell that feature!

I checked my reservation 5 times yesterday just to make sure I wasn't dreaming. And it's the first things that I checked this morning.

We are at CBR 12/16 - 12/23. What room category did you get? We were looking for Standard but could only get Water/Pool view.

We saved $1,000 :cheer2: but we also booked before the price increase and without hoppers, it would have been bigger if we had the current prices.

As long as she will be staying in your room that will not be a problem. You can add more up to room capacity. FD is based on the number of rooms, not the number of guests.

I'm so glad you got everything worked out. When I read your first post I thought "Oh, no, she doesn't know the Pirate Rooms only have full beds." But then I saw where someone had already told you. I have heard great things about POFQ. Enjoy!

There is still a possibility. The promotion ends in August I believe so there is still plenty of time. Just check often and if you see something book it yourself and then transfer to your TA.

I'm on the edge of my seat and my heart start beating fast whenever I see these words from you. Thankfully that was just a test.
We got the standard.

WWYD- so after being disappointed that the Poly didn't offer free dining, we booked Old Key West in a Deluxe Studio for the first 5 nights and a Poly Club level lagoon view for 6 nights. After playing around and more searching, I was able to find availability at the Grand Floridian Outer building Garden View for 8 nights and then 3 nights at the Poly Club Level. This whole switch cost us $72 LESS to stay at the Grand Floridian/Poly stay. It's only because the Polynesian club level is so expensive. but I did get the 25% off that room rate and free dining at the GF. I've never stayed at either... any thoughts on the GF outer building garden view and the lagoon club level? Has anyone stayed at either? It's our 15th wedding anniversary which is the only reason we are being a lot more extravagant than usual. We have stayed at WL once, but normally we're moderate level people =)
The GF/Poly split sounds tons better than the studio at OKW. I hope you have a great trip. :)

This would be a very nice place to stay. We love the Epcot resorts. :)

WWYD- so after being disappointed that the Poly didn't offer free dining, we booked Old Key West in a Deluxe Studio for the first 5 nights and a Poly Club level lagoon view for 6 nights. After playing around and more searching, I was able to find availability at the Grand Floridian Outer building Garden View for 8 nights and then 3 nights at the Poly Club Level. This whole switch cost us $72 LESS to stay at the Grand Floridian/Poly stay. It's only because the Polynesian club level is so expensive. but I did get the 25% off that room rate and free dining at the GF. I've never stayed at either... any thoughts on the GF outer building garden view and the lagoon club level? Has anyone stayed at either? It's our 15th wedding anniversary which is the only reason we are being a lot more extravagant than usual. We have stayed at WL once, but normally we're moderate level people =)
As far as monorail resorts I've only stayed at CR, but can you really go wrong with the Grand Floridian!?!! No!!! And I feel like it would be better than OKW. I haven't stayed there either, but I'd be willing to bet GF wins!

I think you should pay the $100 more and stay at a deluxe! We were in a similar situation (not to that grand of a scale though). We were originally booked at POP for ten days with the dining plan, park hopper, water park and more option, and we were trying for free dining. When we looked POP had nothing available, however when we looked to see what was available for FD (at around 9AM) we saw CS was available for 200.00 less than what we were going to pay at POP! It wasn't a huge savings, but we're getting more for something we were already planning on spending! :)

I think that's great! We were originally hoping for free dining at CSR, but when I logged on at 4:00am Central Time the only thing available there was a Junior Suite, which just wouldn't work for 4 adults. You got some pixie dust! pixiedust:

You aren't crazy! I did the same thing! We wanted a RO discount for the Poly but it wasn't available (our dates aren't flexible). But a RO discount was available at GF for TPV for only $200 more. The goal was to save but we ended up spending more for a better room. I think you got a great deal!

You aren't crazy! I did the same thing! We wanted a RO discount for the Poly but it wasn't available (our dates aren't flexible). But a RO discount was available at GF for TPV for only $200 more. The goal was to save but we ended up spending more for a better room. I think you got a great deal!

Thank you, sounds like you did too! I feel a little guilty for being so excited to NOT be saving $1000, but I can't help it lol. :goodvibes

BTW, what's "TPV?"

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter