2016 Free Dining Watch ~ Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay DIS peeps, we have a development! As you can see from my post last night, we gave up our free dining CBR Pirate Room and just booked a standard room at POFQ paying for the DDP ($3800), planning to frequently check to see if a free dining offer that worked better for us came up. When I checked about 30 minutes ago, we could get free dining at the Boardwalk, standard room, for $3900. Obviously, the plan was to hopefully get free dining at a moderate and save about $1000, but it was just to tempting to spend $100 more and stay deluxe with free dining. Am I crazy? Somebody tell me I did the smart/right thing! With the way Disney seems to be phasing out free dining, this may be too good to pass up...
That's an awesome price and so worth it! I loved being close to Epcot when I stayed at Beach Club. You are going to LOVE it!

Okay DIS peeps, we have a development! As you can see from my post last night, we gave up our free dining CBR Pirate Room and just booked a standard room at POFQ paying for the DDP ($3800), planning to frequently check to see if a free dining offer that worked better for us came up. When I checked about 30 minutes ago, we could get free dining at the Boardwalk, standard room, for $3900. Obviously, the plan was to hopefully get free dining at a moderate and save about $1000, but it was just to tempting to spend $100 more and stay deluxe with free dining. Am I crazy? Somebody tell me I did the smart/right thing! With the way Disney seems to be phasing out free dining, this may be too good to pass up...
POFQ with Dining for 3800 vs. Boardwalk with Dining for 3900, No brainer, would love to stay next to Epcot like that, Congratulations!!!

Looks like some inventory is opening up. I just checked for CBR and a standard room is available for my dates when only pirate rooms were showing before. I need two rooms though and am afraid I won't get another one.

UPDATE: I was able to get the second room for my MIL. I am under the regular FD offer (not DV) and my dates are 9/3 to 9/9 in case anyone is interested. Does anyone know how quickly they will cancel my other reservation? Hubby and MIL are sleeping and I want to make sure they want to switch before I go and cancel CSR. I would like to wait until the am.

All day today there weren't any suites available at AOA for my dates, but just now a Cars suite has shown up. 11/28-12/6 in case someone is looking.

Another rookie question for you-
I keep seeing people saying they couldn't get dates at Pop and it made me feel really guilty about getting my deal as a solo. But, I went on the website and tried to book the free dining one day over from my own (Wed 8/24- Sun 8/29, mine is 8/23-8/28) and no problem getting the original M-F, my booked Tu- Sat, or the trial Wed- Sun. Is the problem not an availability of rooms but simply not over the stretch of dates that people are wanting? It is very likely that there are plenty of dates shorter than a week or on the less popular days of the week. I had no problem booking three different versions of a 4 nt/5 day (two with free dining) but I suspect if one is trying to do a Sat-Sun 9 day trip, that might be the problem- kind of like wanting to see a movie on opening Friday night for the matinee price. Doesn't match up.

Oh yeah, I think this is totally true. I was able to book THREE standard rooms for CBR for our family and in-laws with check out on a Thursday. But when I accidentally put in the date to check out on that Friday when trying to book one of the rooms, no standards were available. Our dates are 11/26 - 12/1.

I'm not sure which of my comments you were responding to, but as I said it's important to keep looking. When I checked an hour ago for 9/28-10/3, there were 6 resorts available. Now there are 2. When I switch to 9/28-10/4, there are 2 resorts available. I bet if I check in 20 minutes, it will be different. Just keep trying, availability is constantly changing. I think The Dirty Steve is correct, I bet a bunch of rooms will open at 12:01am on Friday. And different stuff next week. People keep posting that they are choosing which of two reservations they should keep. All is not lost!:thumbsup2
Hopefully some Mods open up

keep-calm-and-get-free-dining-1.png

UPDATE: I was able to get the second room for my MIL. I am under the regular FD offer (not DV) and my dates are 9/3 to 9/9 in case anyone is interested. Does anyone know how quickly they will cancel my other reservation? Hubby and MIL are sleeping and I want to make sure they want to switch before I go and cancel CSR. I would like to wait until the am.

Disney will not cancel your other reservation until you call and do it or you cancel it online.

I would probably stay in POFQ. But if I could get AKL or even WL, maybe BC, for just $100 more, I'd take it in a heartbeat!

A kindred spirit!! Following this thread has been like constantly touching a sore tooth, it hurts but you can't stop!!! No Disney for me this year but hoping for FD for the whole family next year!
Is it too early to start a FREE DINING 2017 thread?!!!???

I have spent some serious time on this thread and we aren't even booking fd this year :) I hope everyone gets the trip they want! I need a free dining 2017 or 2018 thread :)

Definitely kindred spirits! When one is started, I will be there too!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter